Anyone order from Samsung directly?

Denelor

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so those of you who haven't gotten an email, here's a solution that was posted earlier and I can confirm it DOES work.

Go to FedEx and create an account. Don't worry about delivery manager, you don't need it. Go to tracking, track Reference Number and enter your confirmation number in the email sent by Samsung when you first placed the order, followed by -01. Enter the destination country and zip code and leave the date alone.

Hit search and it should show all relevant details for that package, including weight and dimensions. You do NOT need to use delivery manager, as I know they want a credit card affixed to those accounts. A free account is enough to find all relevant Information.

My phone shipped this morning and says it'll be here on the 20th by 8pm. Its currently in Indianapolis.

This works as well if it's shipped.

But just to be clear, you DO NOT need a credit card associate with your account to use Delivery Manager. I've been using it for a while and have never once input a credit card, even just so Fedex has one on file. I see other packages that are on the way to my house via Fedex all the time in the Delivery Manager.

Last edited:

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so those of you who haven't gotten an email, here's a solution that was posted earlier and I can confirm it DOES work.

Go to FedEx and create an account. Don't worry about delivery manager, you don't need it. Go to tracking, track Reference Number and enter your confirmation number in the email sent by Samsung when you first placed the order, followed by -01. Enter the destination country and zip code and leave the date alone.

Hit search and it should show all relevant details for that package, including weight and dimensions. You do NOT need to use delivery manager, as I know they want a credit card affixed to those accounts. A free account is enough to find all relevant Information.

My phone shipped this morning and says it'll be here on the 20th by 8pm. Its currently in Indianapolis.

Have you been charged or is it pending? Mine is still pending so I doubt it shipped.

jusmisdit

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Guess I'm screwed and will just have to be surprised when it shows up since I had it shipped to my work and not my home address I can't get any info from fedex

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Okay, so those of you who haven't gotten an email, here's a solution that was posted earlier and I can confirm it DOES work. [Snip]
Thanks for the trick! Mine still does not show up by that method but it was worth a try. One more thing for me to monitor tomorrow, lol.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So mine just departed the fedex location in Indy. I wonder if it's on a truck to get to me in southwest Florida or if it will be shipping air early this morning? Are these two day air or just two day shipping where it can be ground or air depending on location?

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I have an account on there but choosing the 'Track by Reference' option from the 'Package, Envelope or Express Freight' dropdown, entering my country and zip followed by the eleven digit confirmation number from my email followed immediately (no space) by -01 yields no results at all.

When I try to sign up for the delivery manager, I get an error that says The system is unavailable. Please try again later.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Guess I'm screwed and will just have to be surprised when it shows up since I had it shipped to my work and not my home address I can't get any info from fedex

same here, still showing as "Preparing Order for Shipment" on the website. looks like i will just have to be surprised. i ordered on April 1st. I have to admit i am getting a bit nervous about it now.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay, now I'm starting to get ticked. They should have shipped the phone by now so that could be here by the 20. Any thing after the 20th is not okay with me.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay, now I'm starting to get ticked. They should have shipped the phone by now so that could be here by the 20. Any thing after the 20th is not okay with me.

I bet some will have their phone show up before tracking info is updated or even sent.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
My chat with Samsung;

Randolf:*Hi I have ordered the S8+, it is supposed to be delivered on the 20th of April. I still have not received a shipping notification. Will my order be on time
Vijaya P:*Hello Randolf.
Vijaya P:*As you are chatting from a mobile device, there is a possibility of chat getting disconnected due to network disruption with WiFi or Mobile Data/Signals. In case we get disconnected, please use the Chat ID:************to connect with us.
Randolf:*Ok
Vijaya P:*You might be eagerly waiting to start using your new product, I will help you with the information.
Vijaya P:*We are trying to help as many customers as we can. The long hold is probably due to unusual high flow. We regret any inconvenience due to this.*
Randolf:*I pre-ordered on 4/31
Randolf:*Do you need my order number?
Vijaya P:*Randolf, due to the heavy flow the tracking number might not updated, not to worry you will receive the phone on expected time.
Randolf:*What is the expected time
Vijaya P:*You will receive the phone on or before april 20.
Vijaya P:*Just to confirm, are w

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My chat with Samsung;

Randolf:*Hi I have ordered the S8+, it is supposed to be delivered on the 20th of April. I still have not received a shipping notification. Will my order be on time
Vijaya P:*Hello Randolf.
Vijaya P:*As you are chatting from a mobile device, there is a possibility of chat getting disconnected due to network disruption with WiFi or Mobile Data/Signals. In case we get disconnected, please use the Chat ID:************to connect with us.
Randolf:*Ok
Vijaya P:*You might be eagerly waiting to start using your new product, I will help you with the information.
Vijaya P:*We are trying to help as many customers as we can. The long hold is probably due to unusual high flow. We regret any inconvenience due to this.*
Randolf:*I pre-ordered on 4/31
Randolf:*Do you need my order number?
Vijaya P:*Randolf, due to the heavy flow the tracking number might not updated, not to worry you will receive the phone on expected time.
Randolf:*What is the expected time
Vijaya P:*You will receive the phone on or before april 20.
Vijaya P:*Just to confirm, are w

When you put your order number in on Samsung.com what does it tell you, and has your card been charged or is it pending? T

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This is ludicrous. There is no reason Samsung/Digital River couldn't have got order status updated. Only reason I ordered from Samsung was the guarded on/before 20th. Doesn't appear mines moved either either. FedEx says nothing and if they had it it would. It won't be here tomorrow; I'm coming to grasp reality. All the from their mouth is to keep from causing chaos.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This is ludicrous. There is no reason Samsung/Digital River couldn't have got order status updated. Only reason I ordered from Samsung was the guarded on/before 20th. Doesn't appear mines moved either either. FedEx says nothing and if they had it it would. It won't be here tomorrow; I'm coming to grasp reality. All the from their mouth is to keep from causing chaos.
I feel the same way. It hasn't obviously moved.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Seems I am in the same situation as quite a few of us. I ordered on 3/30. Order status on Samsung.com still shows PREORDER. There was a pending charge against my credit card but that is now gone and there has been no other charge to my card. FedEx is showing nothing either. Not sure how they are going to get it here by tomorrow with 2 Day Air!

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
My card was charged on 3/30. On Samsung.com my order status is pre-ordered.

***Card was charged 3/31***

I've kinda given up and it will arrive when it arrives I guess. I haven't gotten one email. Not even after I ordered. I've been charged and customer services just gives me the scripted lines. I kinda feel like when I was trying to get a hold of them to return my note 7.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I've kinda given up and it will arrive when it arrives I guess. I haven't gotten one email. Not even after I ordered. I've been charged and customer services just gives me the scripted lines. I kinda feel like when I was trying to get a hold of them to return my note 7.

What number did you call for customer service.