Anyone order from Samsung directly?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they will upgrade you guys to Next Day air and ship today. I assume they want to get this phone to you guys.

sta1

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
***Update*** After having a tracking number for a few days and checking a few times a day with no change in shipping status, I finally check this morning and now it shows Scheduled delivery of Tuesday April 25 and that it was shipped from MS using FedEx Smartpost.

Looks like I'm going to have to put in a call to Samsung to complain and cancel unless they ship a different packahe overnight now.

So much for 2 Day shipping. Guess i'm cancelling and will end up down at Verizon Store on Launch day.......

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
***Update*** After having a tracking number for a few days and checking a few times a day with no change in shipping status, I finally check this morning and now it shows Scheduled delivery of Tuesday April 25 and that it was shipped from MS using FedEx Smartpost.

Looks like I'm going to have to put in a call to Samsung to complain and cancel unless they ship a different packahe overnight now.

So much for 2 Day shipping. Guess i'm cancelling and will end up down at Verizon Store on Launch day.......
This is terrible and incompetent. You preorder a phone and get it later than those that didn't preorder.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This is terrible and incompetent. You preorder a phone and get it later than those that didn't preorder.

This won't be the first time I pre ordered from Samsung directly but ended up walking into a carrier store on launch and buying it out right from them then cancelling my pre order.
Major issue that will hold them back from competing with apple.

Aegius

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
I've ordered stuff directly from Samsung before, and you always getting the shipping notice from Fedex long before their website updates. The fact is, if Samsung shipped your phone via FEDEX, it will instantly be in FEDEX's system. I ordered my phone on 3/30 and it hasn't shipped yet. One of the main reasons I ordered from Samsung was for early delivery. Insult to injury, paying extra for 2 day air service.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just called Samsung. "it should ship out today" is what I was told. This is the ordering process I've experienced. Nobody knows anything. Normally if complain about a late order the rep will just change the shipping to overnight. In Samsung case they can't even access the order to do that. Ridiculous.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This won't be the first time I pre ordered from Samsung directly but ended up walking into a carrier store on launch and buying it out right from them then cancelling my pre order.
Major issue that will hold them back from competing with apple.
I can't buy from a carrier store (Verizon) they won't sell without a plan. Plus I'm leaving the country in 15 days and won't be able to get the freebies unless it ships with the phone.

Aegius

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
Just called Samsung. "it should ship out today" is what I was told. This is the ordering process I've experienced. Nobody knows anything. Normally if complain about a late order the rep will just change the shipping to overnight. In Samsung case they can't even access the order to do that. Ridiculous.

"Should" means they know nothing at all. They can't check anything apparently. They were telling people their phones would ship by 4/18 previously.

icellphones

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I just got off the phone with them, they said "ALL phones were already shipped yesterday. Funds will be deducted once tracking goes out today if not already. Everyone will get them tomorrow 4/20".

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

did you order from Best Buy? the 25th might be an error

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/665jbg/****_you_best_buy_my_day_1_preorder_is_arriving/

Aegius

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
I just got off the phone with them, they said "ALL phones were already shipped yesterday. Funds will be deducted once tracking goes out today if not already. Everyone will get them tomorrow 4/20".

BS. If they had shipped they would have instantly shown up in fedex delivery manager.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt