Anyone order from Samsung directly?

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Still no phone yet. I'm dying over here. The delivery location is less than twenty, probably close to ten miles away. It left on a delivery truck at 730am. Halp!

kingtiger007

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Haha, that's basically why I haven't called already.

Imagine if you purchased from a carrier or Best Buy or Sams club. All those people have to go through Samsung Promotions to get in line to get a Gear VR. And adding the $99 immersive bundle is creating real havoc for S8 owners. And remember the immersive package is limited to 50,000 people. So an extra day to get everything at once won't be so bad.

jusmisdit

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Imagine if you purchased from a carrier or Best Buy or Sams club. All those people have to go through Samsung Promotions to get in line to get a Gear VR. And adding the $99 immersive bundle is creating real havoc for S8 owners. And remember the immersive package is limited to 50,000 people. So an extra day to get everything at once won't be so bad.

IF we ever get it

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

It is a big deal to me since I blocked out this day to make sure I am home to sign for it. And for people who ordered after us and have already recieved everything is just like a slap in the face. So if I don't get it delivered today I'm just going to refuse delivery because I'm not waiting around another whole day or driving 25 miles to a FedEx depot to pick it up. I'll wait for the Note or maybe another flagship that will come along this month or next month

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I still dont even have a tracking #, email from fedex/samsung saying shipped, and tried the reference # searching. Phone support wants me to believe they magically shipped it and it'll arrive tonight. FedEx delivery manager / reference search would show me even if a label was made. Samsung has botched two phones in a row. What a mess.

So an extra day to get everything at once won't be so bad.

That's assuming its even shipped at this point.

kingtiger007

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I got the shipping notice this morning that it was overnighted for delivery today by 8PM today. I am upset that it is coming today. I had a killer day planned. Now I am sitting around like some stupid little child waiting for a dumb christmas present. I thought Friday would be the day. My preference would be Monday or Tuesday. It's not a big deal. Now that stupid speaker box that I had to sign for was a big deal. I didn't know it was coming and then I notice a Fed-Ex slip 2 days after the first attempt. So they would redeliver on Tuesday. I sat home all day to get the speaker box and Fed-Ex never came. So why didn't I sign the slip and just have the speaker box left? I never knew what was in the box from Fed-ex until I picked it up. The next day Wednesday I had to drive to Fed-Ex to sign for the package at the Home Delivery location. Wow that place is like a prison facility with tough-guys issuing orders. That took forever. The problem is Fed-Ex, not Samsung.

kingtiger007

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
At this point I could just go to the store and get one

And, then you would have to order a gear VR from Samsung Promotions (limited to 450,000). And then you would hope and pray to possibly be allowed to order the Immersive package (limited to 50,000). Then you would have to sit around and wait for Fed-ex to come and deliver that package. Sounds like a good plan.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
And, then you would have to order a gear VR from Samsung Promotions (limited to 450,000). And then you would hope and pray to possibly be allowed to order the Immersive package (limited to 50,000). Then you would have to sit around and wait for Fed-ex to come and deliver that package. Sounds like a good plan.

I already got a 256gb memory card. I just got the package bc it was a good deal and I can probably make money on it.

All I want is the phone.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
8d1f11a4bcc83c1d3fac3de695f0e889.jpg
finally

kingtiger007

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I already got a 256gb memory card. I just got the package bc it was a good deal and I can probably make money on it.

All I want is the phone.

And if you purchased the phone from Best Buy, or Sams or TMobile or whoever other than Samsung you likely would not get the package to make money on. Additionally you would have had to sign up for the package from Samsung promotions and sit at home and wait for the package to be delivered.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

And of course, the free VR offer was for pre-orders and that offer ends today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance