Anyone order from Samsung directly?

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Did you have to do anything to prompt that action on their part?

I did send an email last night, but have not received a direct response to that yet. Otherwise, I haven't called or anything.

ETA: Ordered on 3/30. Nothing shows up yet in Fedex Delivery Manager or reference search.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Just got the email that they are experiencing delays and it will be delivered tomorrow

Got a $50 gift certificate to the Samsung store for the trouble.

Last edited:

J4To

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Well, I have the two labels also (2lbs and 7lbs) but I also just got the $50 certificate. Too bad it won't be here today, but I appreciate all the freebies (also, I can't complain since I got the $650 price mistake).

I thought the person was joking that said Samsung uses a 'stack' instead of a 'queue' to handle orders, but there's a lot of 3/30 orders that haven't been shipped.

Edit: Just read (on reddit) that the explanation for the two labels is that the shipping deadline was missed so the devices were repacked with "compensation." 2nd label is 'real' label. Not sure if this 'compensation' was just the $50 certificate.

Last edited:

lawyerkid09

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Well, I have the two labels also (2lbs and 7lbs) but I also just got the $50 certificate. Too bad it won't be here today, but I appreciate all the freebies (also, I can't complain since I got the $650 price mistake).

I thought the person was joking that said Samsung uses a 'stack' instead of a 'queue' to handle orders, but there's a lot of 3/30 orders that haven't been shipped.

I can't imagine any scenario why you would want to ship out the orders placed last first, and the orders placed first last.

hpl

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I ordered on 4/17 after 2pm and got notifications today saying that my phone and vr set will be delivered tomorrow so.....can't complain about that considering I preordered late.

J4To

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I can't imagine any scenario why you would want to ship out the orders placed last first, and the orders placed first last.

No, definitely doesn't make sense. If true, maybe a programming mistake in fulfillment. Clearly, some people who ordered after 3/30 already have their phones, while 'day 1' folks are still waiting.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I was definitely joking. There have been a few day 1 orders that have received their phones, or will shortly, IIRC.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind whose order gets filled when. I would love to know how their system works or is supposed to work.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of those that have 2 labels. 1 was created last night around 730pm with no movement, the second one was created at 7am this morning. I just received a text and a phone call from fedex that the package will be delivered tomorrow. It was picked up at 11am.

Also received an email from samsung that it's been shipped and website shows shipped as well.

Maybe that 1st label was lost or damaged when printed. I know at work we can create a label, but if it is torn we will make a new one sometimes with a new tracking number. The old one gets thrown out and never gets charged or tracked.

SNichelle

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I checked delivery with the FedEx app using my address. Two separate packages are headed to my house, one that's supposed to come today is 2 lbs, and the one tomorrow is 7. They were supposed to send one phone to my house and another to my sister's. I can't imagine what coming from them weighs 7 lbs, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I never received a confirmation email or shipping info.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I checked delivery with the FedEx app using my address. Two separate packages are headed to my house, one that's supposed to come today is 2 lbs, and the one tomorrow is 7. They were supposed to send one phone to my house and another to my sister's. I can't imagine what coming from them weighs 7 lbs, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I never received a confirmation email or shipping info.

Maybe one box is Pampers..... LOL :p

Sorry inside joke from another thread.

jusmisdit

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
So the first contact I get from Samsung since the order confirmation on 3/31 is an email wanting me to rate the support that I received concerning my email that I sent earlier are you kidding me they haven't even responded to the dam email yet

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Just refreshed my Delivery Manager. Mine was picked up from Indianapolis at 4:01pm, and it's now showing 4/21 delivery as well. No word from Samsung yet re: gift certificate.

SamJKelly

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
With Samsung.com, I can see the PREORDER status, but if I click on the link that says "Can't find your order? Please click here >" I'm told I don't have any orders. I don't have any FedEx activity and the pending charges on my debit card disappeared this morning, likely they expired since it has been a week and they haven't taken the money. They haven't acknowledged my order is being processed or if it has shipped, I've just been told by one person on phone that everyone will get their phones by 4/20, but a different time I called the CSR said they couldn't say I was going to have it by the 20th, and they also couldn't say I wouldn't get it after the 21st. It was strange.
I'm in the New England area, has anyone had zero activity on the Samsung website but received their packages yet? I don't care when I get the phone, I just want to know that Samsung hasn't lost my order somewhere along the way.

CycleNC

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Just refreshed my Delivery Manager. Mine was picked up from Indianapolis at 4:01pm, and it's now showing 4/21 delivery as well. No word from Samsung yet re: gift certificate.

Same happened here. It appears that Samsung or FedEx could improve on a few things. In the grand scheme of things, this is a minor letdown. Will it cause me to second guess using Samsung.com to purchase something in the future? Absolutely. Will it ruin my day or cause me to lose any sleep? Absolutely not. We'll chalk this up as a lesson learned. Best of luck to everyone still holding out hope for delivery today and those of us taking delivery tomorrow with radio silence from Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36