Anyone order from Samsung directly?

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I was just curious, anyone else had as much trouble as I did when pre-ordering your phone? I pre-ordered on March 29th. Never received any email or information in general. Yet I was charged on the 30th. Nothing to show for it, still waiting for my tracking information, even though the release was on the 21st of April. Every time I called, they kept telling me I would get tracking information within the day. Numerous days I was told this. I Never did. Last time I checked, you aren't supposed to charge before the product was shipped. I am just amazed how much they botched this up. Sorry for the rant lol. I am just intrigued if anyone else experienced what I went through. I'm in Canada by the way.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I was just curious, anyone else had as much trouble as I did when pre-ordering your phone? I pre-ordered on March 29th. Never received any email or information in general. Yet I was charged on the 30th. Nothing to show for it, still waiting for my tracking information, even though the release was on the 21st of April. Every time I called, they kept telling me I would get tracking information within the day. Numerous days I was told this. I Never did. Last time I checked, you aren't supposed to charge before the product was shipped. I am just amazed how much they botched this up. Sorry for the rant lol. I am just intrigued if anyone else experienced what I went through. I'm in Canada by the way.

Hey. So I had the exact same experience. Ordered April 2 never received one email or tracking yet the device arrived at my house on the 18th

CBmanJWS

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
That doesn't make sense. I mean this isn't the iPhone 7. I also doubt they will run out of stock like Apple does. One good thing about Samsung is generally they produce enough devices to go around. I sometimes think Apple does that on purpose.
Gee...Ya Think?!:p

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, that's why I didn't go with them. It was a huge mess for the Note 7, and even worse during the return period. Since this one went better though, I'll consider going with them next time though.

That's what I'm remembering too.

Well for me its the last time. From what I have been reading, the US customer service is a little better than the Canadian one. Like I was charged on March 30th, a day after I ordered... Weeks before anyone intended to ship my order. I still have zero information except for my order number and that my money was taken. I am just glad no one else seems to be experiencing what I am going through with them.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well for me its the last time. From what I have been reading, the US customer service is a little better than the Canadian one. Like I was charged on March 30th, a day after I ordered... Weeks before anyone intended to ship my order. I still have zero information except for my order number and that my money was taken. I am just glad no one else seems to be experiencing what I am going through with them.
Hate that for you. Hopefully you get some compensation. But what you're describing is more of the norm from last year. They're improving. I missed out on the 99 dollar bundle going with Best Buy but I did get a hundred off. I guess every place has its pros and cons.

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Hate that for you. Hopefully you get some compensation. But what you're describing is more of the norm from last year. They're improving. I missed out on the 99 dollar bundle going with Best Buy but I did get a hundred off. I guess every place has its pros and cons.

I doubt I will get any compensation the way they are acting. I wasn't aware of the events that took place last year. That's probably why I was in the dark. I have no previous history to go on. I suppose its a learning experience. Nice to see you at least got compensated for your trouble. I give them one more week before I decide to cancel it and just go buy it from someone else.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Not on this forum anyway.

Anyone finance theirs through samsung?

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Can someone confirm if them promising to give you your phone by the 20th was including Canada? I pre-ordered on the 29th, and I never received any sort of tracking information, nor any compensation. All I know is that I was charged a while back. Sorry if its a stupid question lol.
Not Cool at all, you're well within your rights to complain... just keep letting them know that you're not satisfied, likely will return the device and then push them to sweeten the deal!

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
After Cancelling my BB order. I placed an order on the 19th.
I called and finally someone picked up and they said even though I had a pre order my order wasn't processed until the 21st because that was the release date so I should receive it on the 26th the earliest. When I told the rep that didn't make sense and store availability on the 21st where available without pre-order she wanted to cancel my order. They are probably frustrated with all the phone calls. I was aware I was cutting it close but to not process my order until 21st was out of the ordinary unless the staff were too busy shipping prior orders.

Can't wait to get it but anxious because I already have pre-sold my current phone.

DonDallas71

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Just called e-commerce team again about my order placed on 3/30. It still has not arrived or even shipped. They put me on hold a while to talk to a supervisor. They came back saying they have no explanation why the order is delayed and that I should have received it long ago. They said they were escalating the case to their Ingram team who handles fulfillment. I guess this is related to Ingram Micro who owns Brightpoint and who is handling all the distribution. They said I should get an email from them about it by the end of the day (holding my breath). They also said I was guaranteed to receive the immersive bundle that I also ordered once it does finally ship.

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Not Cool at all, you're well within your rights to complain... just keep letting them know that you're not satisfied, likely will return the device and then push them to sweeten the deal!

I have contacted numerous individuals to complain, I shall keep pressing them, but they don't seem like they want to do anything for me except say sorry. lol