Anyone order from Samsung directly?

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Just called e-commerce team again about my order placed on 3/30. It still has not arrived or even shipped. They put me on hold a while to talk to a supervisor. They came back saying they have no explanation why the order is delayed and that I should have received it long ago. They said they were escalating the case to their Ingram team who handles fulfillment. I guess this is related to Ingram Micro who owns Brightpoint and who is handling all the distribution. They said I should get an email from them about it by the end of the day (holding my breath). They also said I was guaranteed to receive the immersive bundle that I also ordered once it does finally ship.

I feel your pain, I am in the exact same position. Only I was told I would get a tracking information email by the end of the day 3 days in a row! Constant lies. I kept calling the e-commerce line and believe it or not, the same one guy picked up. He kept telling me bs. I lost all hope with the e-commerce line.

DonDallas71

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain, I am in the exact same position. Only I was told I would get a tracking information email by the end of the day 3 days in a row! Constant lies. I kept calling the e-commerce line and believe it or not, the same one guy picked up. He kept telling me bs. I lost all hope with the e-commerce line.

Well, I just got a hit on my credit card for a 3rd time just now for the phone and immersion bundle. Previous holds from 3/30 and 4/13 expired. I guess it's a good sign that something is actually happening. Now if I could just get a shipment notification.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I tried calling them to request the $50 gift card that others received for having their phones delayed, but I couldn't get through in under 30 minutes the two times I called. So I sent them an e-mail, and today I got a reply basically saying "yo no se," "these aren't the droids you're looking for."

Oh well. I was browsing their store this weekend and honestly I couldn't find anything I really wanted to spend that $50 on anyway. Maybe a battery pack, but I would never use it.

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I tried calling them to request the $50 gift card that others received for having their phones delayed, but I couldn't get through in under 30 minutes the two times I called. So I sent them an e-mail, and today I got a reply basically saying "yo no se," "these aren't the droids you're looking for."

Oh well. I was browsing their store this weekend and honestly I couldn't find anything I really wanted to spend that $50 on anyway. Maybe a battery pack, but I would never use it.

Yeah, pretty much gave me the same answer. They would probably never even ship the item you bought. You would be in limbo lol.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Just called e-commerce team again about my order placed on 3/30. It still has not arrived or even shipped. They put me on hold a while to talk to a supervisor. They came back saying they have no explanation why the order is delayed and that I should have received it long ago. They said they were escalating the case to their Ingram team who handles fulfillment. I guess this is related to Ingram Micro who owns Brightpoint and who is handling all the distribution. They said I should get an email from them about it by the end of the day (holding my breath). They also said I was guaranteed to receive the immersive bundle that I also ordered once it does finally ship.

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Well, I just got a hit on my credit card for a 3rd time just now for the phone and immersion bundle. Previous holds from 3/30 and 4/13 expired. I guess it's a good sign that something is actually happening. Now if I could just get a shipment notification.

I called earlier today, they told me that I would receive tracking information in the next couple of days. I just don't understand what the point of the pre-order was if they only plan to ship it AFTER the release of the phone. I thought the whole point of the pre-order was to receive your phone by launch day, or at least have it shipped on that day. I give them until this Friday to deliver my phone, if they fail to do so, i am just going to eat the loss on the VR gear and buy it in store or something. They told me they are shipping on a first come first serve basis. Yet I ordered hours after the official launch. Somehow I am one of the last to receive any information. It's amazing how they carried this whole thing out. Good luck on your situation.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I called earlier today, they told me that I would receive tracking information in the next couple of days. I just don't understand what the point of the pre-order was if they only plan to ship it AFTER the release of the phone. I thought the whole point of the pre-order was to receive your phone by launch day, or at least have it shipped on that day. I give them until this Friday to deliver my phone, if they fail to do so, i am just going to eat the loss on the VR gear and buy it in store or something. They told me they are shipping on a first come first serve basis. Yet I ordered hours after the official launch. Somehow I am one of the last to receive any information. It's amazing how they carried this whole thing out. Good luck on your situation.
Yeah, we all know they're full of **** and have no idea what's going on. I got mine a day late but it's nothing like y'all are going through. I won't be ordering from Samsung directly again unless they take over shipments personally.

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, we all know they're full of **** and have no idea what's going on. I got mine a day late but it's nothing like y'all are going through. I won't be ordering from Samsung directly again unless they take over shipments personally.

You can say that again. Its the last time I ever order anything from them directly. I am just glad there are others out there who didn't have to deal with this misery lol. Glad you got yours only a day late.

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Well thought you guys would like an update to my situation. I recently got tracking information this morning. It's on a truck and should be delivered by today. Thank goodness this whole situation is almost over. Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting.

DonDallas71

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Well thought you guys would like an update to my situation. I recently got tracking information this morning. It's on a truck and should be delivered by today. Thank goodness this whole situation is almost over. Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting.

Mine still has not shipped. They are now blaming the issue on American Express for rejecting the charge originally. So when I originally placed my order on 3/30 online the order failed and I got a txt from my bank about a possible fraudulent charge. I contacted my bank to say it was a valid charge, then called Samsung to have them re-try the order. They did so over the phone with me and confirmed the order was submitted successfully and I saw the charge against my card. Now Samsung is telling me that it did not. Samsung also showed the additional charges on 4/12 but said those went thru fine and they don't know why the order did not process. They said that the charges from yesterday also went thru fine, so they are trying to find out why my order still has not processed or shipped.

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Mine still has not shipped. They are now blaming the issue on American Express for rejecting the charge originally. So when I originally placed my order on 3/30 online the order failed and I got a txt from my bank about a possible fraudulent charge. I contacted my bank to say it was a valid charge, then called Samsung to have them re-try the order. They did so over the phone with me and confirmed the order was submitted successfully and I saw the charge against my card. Now Samsung is telling me that it did not. Samsung also showed the additional charges on 4/12 but said those went thru fine and they don't know why the order did not process. They said that the charges from yesterday also went thru fine, so they are trying to find out why my order still has not processed or shipped.

Wow, that's awful. I feel your pain. I too received the run around from them constantly. I did however email the CEO's email address to complain and basically call them out on their incompetence. They got back to me within a day. They claimed to have escalated my order to the other people who handle pre-orders. Low and behold its now on a truck. I would recommend you messaging that email as well to at least complain. Perhaps they can look into it and help. I would just keep on them. I wish you all the best.

DonDallas71

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I got my shipping info this morning. Should arrive on the 26th. At least its coming so that's a good thing.

That is good news. It gives me a glimmer of hope that I might actually get mine someday. Did you get the VR/Bundle shipped too? The only reason I ordered with Samsung rather than my carrier was because of that bundle. I could go get one today if I were not still hoping to get the VR bundle I pre-ordered.

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
That is good news. It gives me a glimmer of hope that I might actually get mine someday. Did you get the VR/Bundle shipped too? The only reason I ordered with Samsung rather than my carrier was because of that bundle. I could go get one today if I were not still hoping to get the VR bundle I pre-ordered.

I did. I paid the 99 so it is included automatically. Im coming over from Apple so this is my toy for a while. Can't wait to give this a try.

Call the 855-726-8721 number. I kindly made a request and was not demanding to the rep. Maybe she took compassion when I mentioned i had already sold my phone expecting delivery on the 21st and I'm out of a phone. Which is true but the buyer is ok with waiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad