Anyone order from Samsung directly?

DonDallas71

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Call the 855-726-8721 number. I kindly made a request and was not demanding to the rep.

Yea, that is the number I have called 4 times now. I have always been extremely polite to them and never demanding or even raised my voice. I have worked phone tech support before and am never anything but polite to the reps I call and expect help from. At most, I will calmly explain that I am unhappy with the result. They have always seemed very sympathetic, but ultimately end up giving me promises that never happen.

I did end up emailing the CEO's office a couple off hours ago explaining everything I have been through. I got a response an hour later saying they forwarded my request on to the proper department.

Supreven

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Those of you in the US should feel lucky that you actually get tracking info, lol. I am in Canada and have been told that no tracking info will be provided because they don't have access to this info, wtf. I called in last week and Wednesday and was told it would arrive by Thurs morning at the latest.... I called in Friday last week and was told it would arrive Monday morning at the latest... Its Tuesday and still no sign. I swear, both times I called, it sounded like they were completely just saying things to get me off the phone, I didn't have confidence in anything they told me. Then when I asked about the $50 gift card compensation that people have been getting, he put me on hold for 10 minutes then came back and said they didn't know anything about that.

This whole thing sounds pretty shady to me, they have no problem in taking my money, but provide no info after the fact, I want to escalate this somehow.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So this is funny. Just received my shipping confirmation email.
So
Ordered April 2
Recived April 18
Email shipping confirmation April 25

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I just received my phone an hour or so ago, I am already loving it. Despite my situation ending with a positive result. Next time I am just going to go with the carrier. They would have to offer something fantastically great for me to order directly from them again.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So this is funny. Just received my shipping confirmation email.
So
Ordered April 2
Recived April 18
Email shipping confirmation April 25

DonDallas71

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I just got a notification from FedEx about a shipment from BRIGHTPOINT NORTH AMERICA. It was sent 2-day delivery for Thursday. It is only 2lb at 10x5x8 in, so sounds like it is only the phone, and no immersion bundle. I can't believe they didn't even use overnight like they did for the ones they shipped for last Thur/Fri. So I will get my 3/30 order a full week late, and without the immersion bundle I also ordered.

dogeh21

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking at ordering from Samsung directly (in the uk)

Do they have a no frills full refund return policy at all?

I would avoid buying from Samsung directly. I've heard only but horror stories from them no matter what country. Myself included experienced the nightmare.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I would avoid buying from Samsung directly. I've heard only but horror stories from them no matter what country. Myself included experienced the nightmare.
When trying to make up for lost ground after the Note 7 debacle, how can Samsung let this happen to loyal customers? This is unacceptable.

zyad

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
In Toronto, Canada: Ordered S8+ from Samsung on Friday night (April 21st), and it arrived today (Wednesday). Pretty good... didn't need to jump in early to get it quickly.
Of course, I guess I'm SOL on the free Gear VR promo (one day late). Didn't realize the date cutoff.... Unless anyone here knows a way around it and can help?

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
In Toronto, Canada: Ordered S8+ from Samsung on Friday night (April 21st), and it arrived today (Wednesday). Pretty good... didn't need to jump in early to get it quickly.
Of course, I guess I'm SOL on the free Gear VR promo (one day late). Didn't realize the date cutoff.... Unless anyone here knows a way around it and can help?

That's impressive.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well this is the Samsung we knew from the note 7 orders. When they promised delivery date a day early I was thinking they were making promises they couldn't keep.

I was thinking about the Samsung premium care, but I don't think so. Sounds like more promises they can't keep and 2 plus hours on the phone trying to file a claim.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Well this is the Samsung we knew from the note 7 orders. When they promised delivery date a day early I was thinking they were making promises they couldn't keep.

I was thinking about the Samsung premium care, but I don't think so. Sounds like more promises they can't keep and 2 plus hours on the phone trying to file a claim.

I hear ya

DonDallas71

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The rest of my 3/30 order finally shipped from Samsung today. My VR Immersion bundle is finally on it's way. Should arrive on Monday, 18days after it was supposed to be here. Still have never seen the $50 gift certificate they promised me over and over again every time I called to complain about the delay.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I initiated my return process because was getting the run around between Samsung and TMobile (T force) for sim unlock. T-Mobile can't sim unlock thru their device unlock app because the IMEI is not in their systems and they unable override it and asking to contact Samsung. I told them it's T-Mobile branded phone but still they are unable to anything, called Samsung they are clueless as well and say contact TMobile. Raised ticket on both sides and no use, not going to keep nearly $1000 phone locked to a carrier. Will have issue down the line selling it. I'm planning to buy direct from T-Mobile once Samsung sends me the RMA info. And good god getting hold of Samsung customer service is the worst. Everytime 1 hour wait on the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz