04-10-2017 10:15 AM
61 123
tools
    The aspect ratio is fine and what other phones are going to as well. Ppl just need to find a negative sometimes.
    People complain that the navigation buttons take away real estate from the display. Now, the on screen buttons add height to the display and people are still complaining. I guess everyone just wants to keep the top and bottom bezels after all. Who knew?
    areyes163 likes this.
    04-09-2017 09:07 PM
    Exactly. No matter what company does there will always be a group who complain about things. It's the nature of life. Can't please everyone. You aim for the majority and the rest will just have to love with it or move on.
    04-09-2017 10:00 PM
    Get what you like and be happy. Canceling my 8+ due to not liking the narrow display and curved corners. Went and tried at BB on four trips (one today) and totaled about 90 minutes with it. The more I use it, the less I like the display ratio and curves. Especially the curved corners.

Though everything else IMO is good, the display is the main factor for me. Note 4 will do until the Note 8. Hoping it at least gets rid of the curved corners and adds some portrait width.
    Exactly. The phone seems unnaturally narrow, far too skinny, and those awful rounded corners . I also hate the curved screen and am peeved that Samsung basically forced it on us, by eliminating a flat screen option. So instead of blowing a $1000 on a phone I barely like, I got an axon 7 and eagerly looking for a second flagship from someone like Huawei or Honor.. Where I can get more of what I really want for much less..
    04-09-2017 10:10 PM
    I personally don't like the phone and I really, really wanted to. It's just far too skinny.. Period..
    04-09-2017 10:12 PM
    Exactly. The phone seems unnaturally narrow, far too skinny, and those awful rounded corners . I also hate the curved screen and am peeved that Samsung basically forced it on us, by eliminating a flat screen option. So instead of blowing a $1000 on a phone I barely like, I got an axon 7 and eagerly looking for a second flagship from someone like Huawei or Honor.. Where I can get more of what I really want for much less..
    Check out the Huawei Mate 9 Pro

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile...ile/index.html
    04-09-2017 10:38 PM
    That's fine, I thought they both looked skinny af at first then my second time playing with it I was used to the ratio already..lol tho the 5.8 still looks too "skinny" for me .. that s8 plus is perfection sandwiched between two slabs of gg5
    04-10-2017 03:52 AM
    I would not bank on that this time. Samsung want redemption from last year and before Apple releases. They want a do over from last year and seems the device could be special. Still think it will have the 835 chipset which is fine, since good SOC.

6GB
    128GB storage
    Stereo speakers
    4K scalable display for VR

It will be interesting if the rumors pan out.
    I would probably get the note 8 with above if Samsung does actually give note 7 users a nice discount like is rumored, small rumor. I don't expect a discount, but with the upgrades and and a discount, that would get my attention
    04-10-2017 07:22 AM
    I am fine with FPS location and the letterbox bars. Some people will complain, just like always and they will be the most vocal, because they don't like something.

I won't use the FPS much, I will probably just use the retina scanner for those occasions when I don't have my watch on to unlock.

I won't even notice the black bars on the front of a black phone and will gladly trade that for more vertical real estate while surfing the web, and tapa talk.
    04-10-2017 09:06 AM
    I never preordered the S8+ to begin with. I recently picked up an S7 Edge at a deep discount, specifically to hold me over until the Note 8 arrives. The Note 7 was my first Note device, and as short-lived as it may have been it left quite an impression.
    04-10-2017 09:38 AM
    I'd probably do the same, TBH.

The S Pen is what drew me to the Note, and I really enjoyed my short-lived time with my Note 7 before I returned it for obvious reasons.
    04-10-2017 09:44 AM
    Not only the Same Pen but there were other note specific features too 😁
    04-10-2017 10:15 AM
61 123