I just canceled my Pre-Order

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Well, I just canceled my order. I've decided to wait on the Note 8 as it is not that far off and as disappointed as I was to give up the Note 7 I can't order the S8+ and expect to be happy until I see the Note 8. I have to admit that if the S8 had been the same size as the Note 7 I just may had been satisfied but the S8+ even though it says it is a 6.2 it is the same width as the Edge and too tall. It reminds me of one of a previous IPhones. It's just too darn skinny so I am going to bite the bullet and hold out and see what Samsung brings to the table in the 4th quarter.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Personally I think that is a good decision and I'm doing that myself, hopefully Samsung is prepared for a massive order on the N8 all forums I read have the same consensus that's the phone everyone really wants!

schj98

May 22, 2010
Visit site
The S8+ is not the same width as the S7 Edge and it is not much taller than the Note 7.

The Note 7 was 73.9mm wide.
The S7 Edge is 72.6mm wide.
The S8+ is 73.4mm wide.

So the S8+ is .5mm thinner than the Note 7 and .8mm wider than the S7 Edge.

Personally I'll be getting both.

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
The S8+ is not the same width as the S7 Edge and it is not much taller than the Note 7.

The Note 7 was 73.9mm wide.
The S7 Edge is 72.6mm wide.
The S8+ is 73.4mm wide.

So the S8+ is .5mm thinner than the Note 7 and .8mm wider than the S7 Edge.

Personally I'll be getting both.

Same. I'll probably pay half down on s8+ or flip it and get the note 8 as long as there's some dramatic differences. If not, the s8+ is fine. The big draw to the Note series (besides the SPen of course) used to be the larger screens, now there's not really a huge difference IMO.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Well, I just canceled my order. I've decided to wait on the Note 8 as it is not that far off and as disappointed as I was to give up the Note 7 I can't order the S8+ and expect to be happy until I see the Note 8. I have to admit that if the S8 had been the same size as the Note 7 I just may had been satisfied but the S8+ even though it says it is a 6.2 it is the same width as the Edge and too tall. It reminds me of one of a previous IPhones. It's just too darn skinny so I am going to bite the bullet and hold out and see what Samsung brings to the table in the 4th quarter.

If it saves you money that will be used towards the phone you really want, then why not. Good choice. I will also be getting the Note 8 when it comes out. I just got to have the S-pen.

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Rumours say note may be released as late as november to early 2018. But if you can wait go for it. The Note 7 was my first note before that all galaxy phones. I loved the n7 but never used the spen. So unless the change from s8 to n8 is like SUPER dramatic i might just stick with the S-line. All i wanted was bigger screens to view content now its here. I guess we shall all see

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Rumours say note may be released as late as november to early 2018. But if you can wait go for it. The Note 7 was my first note before that all galaxy phones. I loved the n7 but never used the spen. So unless the change from s8 to n8 is like SUPER dramatic i might just stick with the S-line. All i wanted was bigger screens to view content now its here. I guess we shall all see
That's how I am. What I used the S pen for on the note 7, I can do the same on the S8 plus with my finger now. The note 8 will probably have a bigger screen, they usually do, and I don't want that either. I am guessing the note 8 will have the same type of screen, more narrow and taller, so waiting for the n8 because of the S series screen being narrow and taller isn't going to be much more happy with the n8 screen IMO.

If the n8 is released and its some super phone I'll just order it and sell my S7 edge or S8+ depending on which one I want to keep as my back up.

Disclaimer.. This is my opionion, I do not work for Samsung with inside info. LOL

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
That's how I am. What I used the S pen for on the note 7, I can do the same on the S8 plus with my finger now. The note 8 will probably have a bigger screen, they usually do, and I don't want that either. I am guessing the note 8 will have the same type of screen, more narrow and taller, so waiting for the n8 because of the S series screen being narrow and taller isn't going to be much more happy with the n8 screen IMO.

If the n8 is released and its some super phone I'll just order it and sell my S7 edge or S8+ depending on which one I want to keep as my back up.

Disclaimer.. This is my opionion, I do not work for Samsung with inside info. LOL

Perhaps the Note 8 will have the FPS embedded in the display...

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You should definitely get the phone or hold out until the one you want arrives. It's not chump change we're talking about, that's for sure. However, just know that within less than 2 months after the Note8 arrives, they will be talking about the S9. Samsung is smart with these cycles to always keep buzz going on.

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

How much bigger could they really make the screen? My worry is the Note 8 will be the same size as the S8+ but with a smaller battery because they need room inside to fit the S Pen. The battery already seems undersized for such a large device so to make it even smaller would be pretty bad.

Again I'm just guessing here. Hopefully they prove me wrong because I loved the Note 7 and it was hard to give it up.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
How much bigger could they really make the screen? My worry is the Note 8 will be the same size as the S8+ but with a smaller battery because they need room inside to fit the S Pen. The battery already seems undersized for such a large device so to make it even smaller would be pretty bad.

Again I'm just guessing here. Hopefully they prove me wrong because I loved the Note 7 and it was hard to give it up.
The rumor I have seen is 6.4 inch screen.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I really loved note 5 and note 7 but I really can and will do without the s pen.. I will just stay with the S series for the most part.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have learned to do without the S pen. The note 7 fiasco might have converted me to the S-series. The note 8 will have to offer more then a bigger screen which I don't want, finger print under the screen, S pen. Will see when Samsung releases it.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing, I may have used the s pen once on each note (4,5,7)I've had . The biggest draw for me was a bigger screen. If they would have just made a regular 8 and 8 edge I probably would wait for note 8, but that big screen and 8 plus being really close to the note 7 pulled me in. I am wrestling with the idea of canceling my order, but I just don't want to wait. By the time the note 8 comes out I'll have almost paid off my 7 edge and I'll just do another next upgrade Lol. I have a phone buying problem lol

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Whatever the note 8 has exculding the spen will just be added to the s9. So i think I'm sticking with the s series.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

A person should always purchase a phone that fits their needs, has the features they want, and is within the amount they're willing to spend. :)

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps the Note 8 will have the FPS embedded in the display...

This is how the S8 was supposed to be but Synaptics failed to meet Samsung's demand before production began. I don't know if they have enough time for the the Note 8 but I hope so. IMO they should take time to put out a quality product instead of rushing and putting out something that doesn't work well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463