finally making the switch

kleeno

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm finally making the switch not from iPhone to Android but from HTC to Samsung. I'm been trying to do this for the past few years but something would always come up or a deal breaker for me.

I did my pre-order just waiting on my conformation. HTC is all I know so this going to be something totally different go me.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm finally making the switch not from iPhone to Android but from HTC to Samsung. I'm been trying to do this for the past few years but something would always come up or a deal breaker for me.

I did my pre-order just waiting on my conformation. HTC is all I know so this going to be something totally different go me.

So cool. You're no longer officially an isheep. Congratulations. You'll enjoy Android.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm finally making the switch...from HTC to Samsung.

HTC is all I know so this going to be something totally different.

I know the feeling. I had been all HTC from the OG Evo all the way thru the M8...right up until the S6 came out. To be honest, can't say I've really missed HTC or Sense. They were a strong player up thru the M7 which was awesome at the time, and maybe the M8, but then they just seemed to get stuck in neutral at that point. By the time the S6 Edge came out, it looked and felt (to me at least) light years ahead of what HTC was doing. Kinda sad, actually.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I know the feeling. I had been all HTC from the OG Evo all the way thru the M8...right up until the S6 came out. To be honest, can't say I've really missed HTC or Sense. They were a strong player up thru the M7 which was awesome at the time, and maybe the M8, but then they just seemed to get stuck in neutral at that point. By the time the S6 Edge came out, it looked and felt (to me at least) light years ahead of what HTC was doing. Kinda sad, actually.

You're starting off with an excellent Samsung phone. I'm just personally waiting for the Note 8.

kleeno

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Me HTC evo shift
HTC ego 4h LTE
HTC on m9

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
.. HTC is all I know so this going to be something totally different go me.
Hopefully your muscle memory of instinctively conforming to Sense will adjust to TouchWiz/Experience sooner rather than later. And under those branding layers it's still Android.
When you get your new phone, I'd sit down with a well-stocked cooler and just start going through the Settings menu, each option one at a time. It's a basic way to see what's the same and what's different from your previous HTC phones.

kleeno

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully your muscle memory of instinctively conforming to Sense will adjust to TouchWiz/Experience sooner rather than later. And under those branding layers it's still Android.
When you get your new phone, I'd sit down with a well-stocked cooler and just start going through the Settings menu, each option one at a time. It's a basic way to see what's the same and what's different from your previous HTC phones.

That's going to be most exciting part for me

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I had three HTC winmo phones then the OG Evo and thought I would be HTC4life until the Evo 3D crapped the bed and I jumped to the Epic 4g Touch (Sprint's version of the S2).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone actually read his post? He said he could never have an Apple and that he was switching from HTC. His concern was switching from Sense to Touchwiz.
Ah I did miss that ! Sorry was cleaning spam while replying

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone actually read his post? He said he could never have an Apple and that he was switching from HTC. His concern was switching from Sense to Touchwiz.
Well in that case, get NOVA prime on your phone now, learn that and when you get the S8 you just put NOVA plus on it and your in familar territory, and that goes for any Android phone you get. That's why I use NOVA prime, no matter what phone I get, I will be familiar with the launcher.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Welcome. The AC forums is a great place to get info while you make your transition. There are a lot of people here with experience using Samsung devices. I hope you enjoy your Samsung phone.

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Making switch from one m8 to the 8 plus. Don't know whether to get the headphones and memory card. Only 17 gig used on the. M8. Need case and glass screen protector. I loved the display and that sold me over the iPhone 7

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Making switch from one m8 to the 8 plus. Don't know whether to get the headphones and memory card. Only 17 gig used on the. M8. Need case and glass screen protector. I loved the display and that sold me over the iPhone 7

I have a pair of Audio Technica's but I also have a Surface Pro 4 which could use the sd card. In your case, it sounds like the onboard 64 gb is more than enough. If this is the case I would go with the headphones.

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a pair of Audio Technica's but I also have a Surface Pro 4 which could use the sd card. In your case, it sounds like the onboard 64 gb is more than enough. If this is the case I would go with the headphones.

I thought you got the headphones and the sd card both for the $100.00. Where would I sell the sd card if I did that? Id probably also sell the 3d thing too. Granddaughter has one and well, Im not much of a gamer or even movie watcher on my phone, just the occassional youtube clip or something I click through on facebook

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude