04-13-2017 06:23 PM
27 12
tools
    I'm finally making the switch not from iPhone to Android but from HTC to Samsung. I'm been trying to do this for the past few years but something would always come up or a deal breaker for me.

I did my pre-order just waiting on my conformation. HTC is all I know so this going to be something totally different go me.
    04-08-2017 08:00 PM
    I'm finally making the switch not from iPhone to Android but from HTC to Samsung. I'm been trying to do this for the past few years but something would always come up or a deal breaker for me.

I did my pre-order just waiting on my conformation. HTC is all I know so this going to be something totally different go me.
    So cool. You're no longer officially an isheep. Congratulations. You'll enjoy Android.
    04-08-2017 08:03 PM
    I'm finally making the switch...from HTC to Samsung.

HTC is all I know so this going to be something totally different.
    I know the feeling. I had been all HTC from the OG Evo all the way thru the M8...right up until the S6 came out. To be honest, can't say I've really missed HTC or Sense. They were a strong player up thru the M7 which was awesome at the time, and maybe the M8, but then they just seemed to get stuck in neutral at that point. By the time the S6 Edge came out, it looked and felt (to me at least) light years ahead of what HTC was doing. Kinda sad, actually.
    smvim and Soggly like this.
    04-08-2017 08:08 PM
    I know the feeling. I had been all HTC from the OG Evo all the way thru the M8...right up until the S6 came out. To be honest, can't say I've really missed HTC or Sense. They were a strong player up thru the M7 which was awesome at the time, and maybe the M8, but then they just seemed to get stuck in neutral at that point. By the time the S6 Edge came out, it looked and felt (to me at least) light years ahead of what HTC was doing. Kinda sad, actually.
    You're starting off with an excellent Samsung phone. I'm just personally waiting for the Note 8.
    04-08-2017 08:11 PM
    I never was on iPhone just HTC sorry about that I could never be an isheep like my freedom to much
    DWS44 and Aquila like this.
    04-08-2017 08:15 PM
    Me HTC evo shift
    HTC ego 4h LTE
    HTC on m9
    04-08-2017 08:19 PM
    .. HTC is all I know so this going to be something totally different go me.
    Hopefully your muscle memory of instinctively conforming to Sense will adjust to TouchWiz/Experience sooner rather than later. And under those branding layers it's still Android.
    When you get your new phone, I'd sit down with a well-stocked cooler and just start going through the Settings menu, each option one at a time. It's a basic way to see what's the same and what's different from your previous HTC phones.
    Redpoole likes this.
    04-08-2017 08:30 PM
    Hopefully your muscle memory of instinctively conforming to Sense will adjust to TouchWiz/Experience sooner rather than later. And under those branding layers it's still Android.
    When you get your new phone, I'd sit down with a well-stocked cooler and just start going through the Settings menu, each option one at a time. It's a basic way to see what's the same and what's different from your previous HTC phones.

That's going to be most exciting part for me
    04-08-2017 08:47 PM
    I had three HTC winmo phones then the OG Evo and thought I would be HTC4life until the Evo 3D crapped the bed and I jumped to the Epic 4g Touch (Sprint's version of the S2).
    04-08-2017 11:08 PM
    Welcome to Android and AC .
    04-08-2017 11:41 PM
    Welcome to Android and AC .
    Did anyone actually read his post? He said he could never have an Apple and that he was switching from HTC. His concern was switching from Sense to Touchwiz.
    gpatrick15, DWS44, chezm and 1 others like this.
    04-08-2017 11:59 PM
    Did anyone actually read his post? He said he could never have an Apple and that he was switching from HTC. His concern was switching from Sense to Touchwiz.
    Ah I did miss that ! Sorry was cleaning spam while replying
    04-09-2017 12:13 AM
    Well in that case, get NOVA prime on your phone now, learn that and when you get the S8 you just put NOVA plus on it and your in familar territory, and that goes for any Android phone you get. That's why I use NOVA prime, no matter what phone I get, I will be familiar with the launcher.
    04-09-2017 06:15 AM

Welcome. The AC forums is a great place to get info while you make your transition. There are a lot of people here with experience using Samsung devices. I hope you enjoy your Samsung phone.
    Almeuit likes this.
    04-09-2017 11:50 AM
    Making switch from one m8 to the 8 plus. Don't know whether to get the headphones and memory card. Only 17 gig used on the. M8. Need case and glass screen protector. I loved the display and that sold me over the iPhone 7
    04-11-2017 09:52 PM
    Making switch from one m8 to the 8 plus. Don't know whether to get the headphones and memory card. Only 17 gig used on the. M8. Need case and glass screen protector. I loved the display and that sold me over the iPhone 7
    I have a pair of Audio Technica's but I also have a Surface Pro 4 which could use the sd card. In your case, it sounds like the onboard 64 gb is more than enough. If this is the case I would go with the headphones.
    04-11-2017 10:06 PM
    Loved the htc EVO 4g LTE, the first phone with a kickstand.
    Remember that red band in the middle.

finally making the switch-htc-evo-4g-lte.jpg
    EMGSM likes this.
    04-11-2017 11:30 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTC Evo 4G LTE.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	256450
    The last HTC phone I owned. Probably the last one I'll ever own.
    04-11-2017 11:53 PM
    I have a pair of Audio Technica's but I also have a Surface Pro 4 which could use the sd card. In your case, it sounds like the onboard 64 gb is more than enough. If this is the case I would go with the headphones.

I thought you got the headphones and the sd card both for the $100.00. Where would I sell the sd card if I did that? Id probably also sell the 3d thing too. Granddaughter has one and well, Im not much of a gamer or even movie watcher on my phone, just the occassional youtube clip or something I click through on facebook
    04-12-2017 06:55 AM
    Actually, the first was the original EVO 4G, but yes, the kickstands were cool! Back when HTC was a real player!

finally making the switch-evo-4g-kickstand.jpg
    04-12-2017 06:58 AM
    i hope you enjoy your new Palm OS phone, i really enjoy my Palm Treo
    finally making the switch-palm-treo-700p.jpg

04-12-2017 07:47 AM
    I thought you got the headphones and the sd card both for the $100.00. Where would I sell the sd card if I did that? Id probably also sell the 3d thing too. Granddaughter has one and well, Im not much of a gamer or even movie watcher on my phone, just the occassional youtube clip or something I click through on facebook
    Samsung is offering a bundle which includes AKG headphones, a 256gb sd card, and the Gear Vr with controller for $100. I didn't get that. I got my headphone from Amazon and the sd card when I ordered the Note 7 last year. If you're looking to sell, you could try Amazon, eBay, or Swappa among other places. Although I have't used Swappa, many people on these forums recommend it and it has pretty good ratings regarding use & security for seller and buyer. Maybe some experienced users can chime in.
    04-12-2017 09:23 AM

Name:	Palm-Treo-700p.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	256469

My first phone was a Palm Treo 700wx.
    04-12-2017 09:09 PM

Man, I loved this phone. So many quick launch buttons I could do anything so fast. I still have found feelings for my first blackberry 6710 though. Didn't even have a color screen. To this day I still believe I got my first professional sales job because of that blackberry.
    04-12-2017 09:32 PM

I absolutely loved the Palm Treo!;-)
    04-12-2017 09:33 PM
27 12