So when the Note 8 specs are a flop who's going to regret not getting S8 around launch?

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've already ordered my S8 Plus. I am NOT holding out for the Note 8. Ridiculous how every time a new phone is released a lot of people are waiting for the next better thing.

So like the title says... Whatcha gonna do then?

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I would like the note 8, but I can't see them changing much but the spen and fps compared to the s8. If they go with a bigger screen it will be too big. Also there won't be much room for a bigger battery or even the same size as the s8+.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I pre ordered the S8+ but Notes don't flop. Ever. I just wish I had a Note 7, still on my Note 4, just can't wait any longer. Again… Notes don't flop. Sorry.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm semi reluctantly keeping my pre-ordered S8+. If the Note 8 has a noticably wider screen I'll flip the S8+ and get the Note 8. I don't care about the S Pen, just want a wider screen. If it's only 0.2" bigger and same aspect ratio as the S8+ then I'll save my shekels and stay with the S8+.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm being slightly facetious. However, it never amazes me the amount of people that say they're waiting for the next thing when something is released. Similarly when the Note 8 launches there still will be folks claiming to wait for the Note 9.

Mind boggling. Maybe this is why I have 2-3 phones yearly. Yeah it costs me money, but I've got to have the latest greatest for no damn reason. My girlfriend will never understand.

Only thing I wish were a little better is the camera specs on the 8+. Real world use will be the determining factor. The Pixel XL I had hands down takes the best pictures of any smartphone I've ever had. My current V20 sucks. Only in manual mode can one achieve nice quality shots on the V20. I'm an auto-mode user however. I wanna point and shoot.

Samsung has always taken nice photos for me though. Starting with the S3 galaxy I've had every s-model Samsung and been satisfied with the photos.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I always upgrade with the S and Note series. Im just a new tech addic and love getting a new device every 6-7 months. No matter how you look at it each new device is better than the last. Definitely wouldn't call any S or Notes a flop. Well maybe the N7 (rip) but probably are more N7's still being used than LG and pixel's combined...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If that picture is correct, if you don't want or need an Spen then I see no reason to upgrade to the Note 8 if you already has an S8 Plus.

I'm spending a lot on phones lately though. Unless it was something totally WOWZers I won't be buying it. I might pick up a Tab S3 when the price comes down on it and that has an Spen with it.

Of course if I had the Note 7 still I would not be buying an S8 and would be waiting for the Note 8.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I am willing to bet that that is all it is. lol

But it has the Spen icon on the lower right. It could be an early production Note 8. If you ordered an S8 Plus I just don't see the reason to waste money and buy the Note 8 unless you for sure will need the Spen. Otherwise probably not a huge difference.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
If Note 8 flops I should be able to get a cheaper S8+? To be frank, if S8+ has dial cam and embedded fingerprint sensor, I would go for it already. I feel worth it to just wait a few months to decide.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm being slightly facetious. However, it never amazes me the amount of people that say they're waiting for the next thing when something is released. Similarly when the Note 8 launches there still will be folks claiming to wait for the Note 9.

Mind boggling. Maybe this is why I have 2-3 phones yearly. Yeah it costs me money, but I've got to have the latest greatest for no damn reason. My girlfriend will never understand.

Only thing I wish were a little better is the camera specs on the 8+. Real world use will be the determining factor. The Pixel XL I had hands down takes the best pictures of any smartphone I've ever had. My current V20 sucks. Only in manual mode can one achieve nice quality shots on the V20. I'm an auto-mode user however. I wanna point and shoot.

Samsung has always taken nice photos for me though. Starting with the S3 galaxy I've had every s-model Samsung and been satisfied with the photos.
I was goung to wait since in a diehard Note fan. But then I saw the S8/Plus specs and saw in store. I am jumping from the eDge and they're even letting me mail it back so I dont havw to waste time in a store yay. The S8 Plus will be mailed to my house so Ill use MyUps and pickup at the delivery terminal. I have been waiting to get out of the mindset of hsing a phone I had to swttle for because my Note 7 was recalled. To me the S8Plus is worth getting now

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Almost looks like they took an S8+, and put a left over stylus from the Note 7 next to it...
And that's exactly what they did lol. It's funny because the people who want to wait for the note8 don't like the s8+ because of the curves or edges or overall size but then turn around and love that pic. Little do they know that's the same exact design.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
But it has the Spen icon on the lower right. It could be an early production Note 8. If you ordered an S8 Plus I just don't see the reason to waste money and buy the Note 8 unless you for sure will need the Spen. Otherwise probably not a huge difference.
I agree if you need the S pen then why buy the S8 series, save your money and wait for the note 8.. I agree,

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon