So when the Note 8 specs are a flop who's going to regret not getting S8 around launch?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I really don't think the note 8 is going to go away from the taller screens. It might be a little wider if they make the screen bigger then the S8+, but it will also mean the screen will be a little taller. So if the screen is bigger and probably will be I'm not interested, for me the S8+ is pushing the limits for tall.

I think what the OP means by flop is the expected/rumored specs of the note 8, not the note series.

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I've already ordered my S8 Plus. I am NOT holding out for the Note 8. Ridiculous how every time a new phone is released a lot of people are waiting for the next better thing.

So like the title says... Whatcha gonna do then?
I'm not sure this is making any sense. Note 8 specs are always either the same as S series or better with the design a bit more refined + all the extra features you get with note that is not on any other phone.

People who are saying they are waiting for Note 8 are hard hardcore Note fans that have to have the S Pen. I am one of those people. Yes, S8 Plus is an amazing phone, but for Note nuts, there is nothing out there that can replace the Note series. Ask x Note 7 users, it's not about waiting for the "next big thing", it's about wanting a Note.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure this is making any sense. Note 8 specs are always either the same as S series or better with the design a bit more refined + all the extra features you get with note that is not on any other phone.

People who are saying they are waiting for Note 8 are hard hardcore Note fans that have to have the S Pen. I am one of those people. Yes, S8 Plus is an amazing phone, but for Note nuts, there is nothing out there that can replace the Note series. Ask x Note 7 users, it's not about waiting for the "next big thing", it's about wanting a Note.

That's fair.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Other than the s pen and bigger screen, the note really isn't better than the s series. I have owned both and currently have the note 5. I love the s pen but it is not a dealbreaker by any stretch. The screen on the s8+ is alot bigger than my note so that solves the other issue. May still get the note 8 but it will have to offer more than the s pen and I'm not real confident it will. Samsung is kind of going all in on the s series this time. Maybe due to lost revenue on the note 7 situation.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have owned every Note, except the first Note, and I'll be getting the S8+. Honestly, the Note 8 would probably need to have a 4K screen and another couple other features like a much better camera, in order to make me want to get it. I use VR, so 4K would be really nice to minimize the screen door effect.

If all they do is essentially release an S8+ with a stylus, I'm gonna pass.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not I. I'll wait and see what it is and how it sells. If it sells like dead mice, the Note 9 will have the features back. Even if the Note 8 has a non-replaceable battery and no SD card, the S8 will be selling for less by then. Or maybe someone else will come out with a good phone, good features and a pen (or at least a slot in which to store one - I'll pay for a pen).

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I've already ordered my S8 Plus. I am NOT holding out for the Note 8. Ridiculous how every time a new phone is released a lot of people are waiting for the next better thing.

There's nothing wrong with people holding out for the next better thing. It's their money and they get to spend their money any way they choose.

I'll be holding out for the next better thing as well. I hope the Note 8 doesn't have a fingerprint sensor next to the camera.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea what you are talking about. I am holding out for a Note 8 because I like Note features. I do use the SPen a lot. As long as the Note 8 has the same features of the S8+ with a SPen I will be fully satisfied. If it has more features then great, but I am not waiting for more features. I think you don't understand those of us who use the Note Series phones.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

People will always be unhappy. With that being said, I doubt the note 8 specs will "flop" I am sure it will be a slightly upgraded version of the s8/s8+ (maybe 6gb ram, larger battery, dual cameras). But like you said people will always complain.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
No one knows anything about the Note 8, and that picture looks like an S8. But, my guess is that the Note 8 will get the things they were trying to get into the S8 but ran out of time. I'm talking about dual cameras and the front embedded finger print scanner. Then there is the S Pen, of course. I'm hoping it is the height of the S8, but wider. Who knows. I could flip your question around though... How will you feel if the Note 8 comes out and it has everything the S8 originally hoped to have, and maybe more - plus the S Pen, but you jumped on the S8? I already know though. Some will flip their S8, some don't use a pen and won't care, some will wish they waited. Just make your own choice and don't worry about us...

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Well, if it's a flop then I'll get something else!! So what are you going to do if the S8 series is a flop? It can happen!!

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I feel exactly the same way. I was very sad when I had to turn in my Note 7...twice..... so even if they don't change anything on the Note 8 I'd be happy. If they gave me a chance to purchase a Note 7 over the S8+ I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci