So when the Note 8 specs are a flop who's going to regret not getting S8 around launch?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No one knows anything about the Note 8, and that picture looks like an S8. But, my guess is that the Note 8 will get the things they were trying to get into the S8 but ran out of time. I'm talking about dual cameras and the front embedded finger print scanner. Then there is the S Pen, of course. I'm hoping it is the height of the S8, but wider. Who knows. I could flip your question around though... How will you feel if the Note 8 comes out and it has everything the S8 originally hoped to have, and maybe more - plus the S Pen, but you jumped on the S8? I already know though. Some will flip their S8, some don't use a pen and won't care, some will wish they waited. Just make your own choice and don't worry about us...
It's just conversation, nothing wrong with that.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
No flop concern here, especially since it most likely won't. Don't like the display ratio and corner curves of the S8+, so will use my Note 4 until later this year and see what pans out. Hopefully at least more portrait display width.

My guess based on reasonable rumors so far, it could be the other way around: 6GB (handy for Dex, but about it), 128GB storage with mSD and at least stereo speakers.

Apparently also a scalable 4K display for VR, but I would be happy if just got rid of pentile and stayed 1440p. If the S8 was RGB instead of pentile, I would be getting the S8+ for Gear VR. I also have and S7 I use mainly for Gear VR. Went with the S7 since best DPI to reduce screen door. The S7 is noticeably better than the Note 7 was with screen door. Still there though.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I pre ordered the S8+ but Notes don't flop. Ever. I just wish I had a Note 7, still on my Note 4, just can't wait any longer. Again… Notes don't flop. Sorry.

apparently the note 8 will have a snapdragon 835 which the s8 has....only thing i see them changing is the fps and adding the s pen obviously. imo the note serious is overrated.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
For me, Ill sell my s8+ and buy the note8 only if it has a bigger battery. If it has a 4,000mah battery then I'll jump on that in a heartbeat.

I know this is wishful thinking though.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No; I don't want the S8. If I"m going Samsung in 2017 it's Note 8 or nothing. If the Note 8 sucks, then I just won't buy a Samsung device. Luckily there are other manufacturers making phones that are just as good or better this year :)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Notes don't flop, no they just explode. Note 7 was the biggest flop in phone history my friend.

The Note 7 was not a flop because it sold over 2.5 million devices globally within the first few weeks. That alone puts them in position to be a high ranking device sales wise. But, it was the worst device of 2016 at the same time because of the battery issue, poor quality control, etc. So I guess you could call it a flop, since instead of making $500 million or more in profit, they lost around $20 billion.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
And that's exactly what they did lol. It's funny because the people who want to wait for the note8 don't like the s8+ because of the curves or edges or overall size but then turn around and love that pic. Little do they know that's the same exact design.
Well I'm keeping my S7 edge to see the note 8 after having the note 7. If that pic was indeed the note 8 I'd be wrapped - I like the curves/edges/size of the 8+ but after owning my first Note (7) I'm totally hooked on that s pen functionality

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure this is making any sense. Note 8 specs are always either the same as S series or better with the design a bit more refined + all the extra features you get with note that is not on any other phone.

People who are saying they are waiting for Note 8 are hard hardcore Note fans that have to have the S Pen. I am one of those people. Yes, S8 Plus is an amazing phone, but for Note nuts, there is nothing out there that can replace the Note series. Ask x Note 7 users, it's not about waiting for the "next big thing", it's about wanting a Note.

Usually, it is. But for this case, some people might hate the FPS so much that they are waiting for Note 8 to resolve this issue. (actually that's me :p)

Also, Note 8 is a direct competitor to the supposedly revolutionary iPhone X, so who knows there might be some more tricks up Samsung's sleeve, like dual camera etc.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the dimensions stayed exactly the same as the S8+ and Samsung just figured out how to place the fingerprint sensor under the screen in time for the Note 8. (and cram a stylus in there)

Other than that, they'd make it 128GB on-board storage, 6GB RAM, and bundle in a DeX dock just to give it more "business appeal".

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The Note 8 likely won't be that different specs-wise from the S8+. Though given that there is a 6GB RAM variant, there may be a slight chance that the next Note could see a slight spec bump, although not a very significant one compared to the 3 and 4.

Really, where we'll see the changes lie in software features and some design aesthetics. The Note might actually have an embedded FPS in the display, something that would've been in the S8 but wasn't ready in time.

The Note 7 was not a flop because it sold over 2.5 million devices globally within the first few weeks. That alone puts them in position to be a high ranking device sales wise. But, it was the worst device of 2016 at the same time because of the battery issue, poor quality control, etc. So I guess you could call it a flop, since instead of making $500 million or more in profit, they lost around $20 billion.
To clarify, it's not that it's a bad phone. The polar opposite, actually. Had it not caught fire, it would likely be one of the very best phones of the year. But instead of being that, it ended up being a PR mess and a liability for Samsung. So while many would call a phone like the LG G5 a flop in the traditional sense, I'd say the Note 7 was a definite flop not because it's bad, but because it suffered from quite a number of negative PR to the point where the plug was pulled.

Lessons were learned, though, so let's hope the Note 8 is great.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Why would anyone care so much about what some complete stranger is buying or holding out for? Now that's truly ridiculous....

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why would anyone care so much about what some complete stranger is buying or holding out for? Now that's truly ridiculous....

Not sure. You used to post on what device you were leaving and what you were buying and why. Seems like the same thing to me.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Really? So a person talking about what THEY are doing with THEIR phone is the same as someone expressing angst over a complete strangers purchasing decision???

Not sure. You used to post on what device you were leaving and what you were buying and why. Seems like the same thing to me.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Really? So a person talking about what THEY are doing with THEIR phone is the same as someone expressing angst over a complete strangers purchasing decision???

Seems the same to me. In one situation, a person posts assuming that people care and in the other situation a person expresses that they care. So it seems the assumption is correct: some people care about what other people do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34