So when the Note 8 specs are a flop who's going to regret not getting S8 around launch?

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Of course it doesn't change the phone, and maybe regret is too strong of a word. But remember when the blue coral S7 Edge came out after the Note 7 recall? People were literally selling their used Edge devices and buying the blue one.

IJS...people like color options and not all of those options will be available in the US at launch.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They also don't have tiny top and bottom bezels. Look at the Pixel. Big top and bottom bezels. The LG has small bezels, but has a 18:9 display ratio.

I haven't seen anything that indicates not having bezels will be a good thing. Still not sure where you're supposed to hold it when viewing content.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Regret sets in around the time a new phone specs are leaked and people feel they should have purchased the "other" item. In this case the S8. Sure the S8 will still be available. Would you want to purchase a 6 month old device though when there are likely newer "better" things on the horizon?

That's why it was so difficult to go to the V20(one of my least favorite phones in quite a few years) from the Pixel XL. I only did it because I got the V20 for 360$. It's only a 200$ phone to me. The Pixel was good in almost every aspect for me.

I'm curious. Did you sell your Pixel? Did you purchase the V20 with the impression that it would be on par with the Pixel XL? I can't comment on their similarities/differences because I own neither. You have a valid reason why someone would regret changing devices.

I quickly realized that chasing the latest and greatest devices is too expensive for me. I purchased a S7 Edge late last year for $460 knowing that the S8 was coming in Feb/March. However, I do enjoy talking about new devices and am excited in general for the next best thing.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
How's this for regret? Samsung may bring its 128GB storage, 6GB RAM S8 to North America.

If they do, they wont officially announce this till preorders have been fulfilled and past the return period. Let the rumors stew for a month or two.

What better way to distinguish this from the rest than to release it in a coral blue or some other exclusive color.

Samsung may bring its fancy 6GB Galaxy S8 to North America | Android Central

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that would make me regret not waiting for the N8 is if they implement the under-screen FPS on the front. But I do not believe that will be the case unless they delay launch until early 2018 (I work in finance so I have analysis for why I believe that no phone company - Samsung or Apple - will implement under screen FPS in 2017).

Since 2018 is the new product cycle, I have little interest in waiting that long.

But I could easily be wrong.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
How's this for regret? Samsung may bring its 128GB storage, 6GB RAM S8 to North America.

If they do, they wont officially announce this till preorders have been fulfilled and past the return period. Let the rumors stew for a month or two.

What better way to distinguish this from the rest than to release it in a coral blue or some other exclusive color.

Samsung may bring its fancy 6GB Galaxy S8 to North America | Android Central
They already wanted $130 to upgrade to the S8+ over the S8. This would be sure to increase the price to a minimum of $950. No thanks.
This should almost guarantee that the Note8 will have 6gb of RAM as well.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Geez... how much taller can they get than the 8+???? The phones are not going to fit in my pockets anymore.
You will have to get a pair of the new jeans coming out soon. Samsung is coming out with a clothing line that is going to consist of jeans with extra long pockets;-) 👖They are going to be called the Infinity Jeans. You can special order them with fast 2 day delivery via the Bixby button!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
You will have to get a pair of the new jeans coming out soon. Samsung is coming out with a clothing line that is going to consist of jeans with extra long pockets;-) ������They are going to be called the Infinity Jeans. You can special order them with fast 2 day delivery via the Bixby button!

LOL! Can you post the link? I want to pre-order now :)

Tobym1982

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I pre ordered the S8+ but Notes don't flop. Ever. I just wish I had a Note 7, still on my Note 4, just can't wait any longer. Again… Notes don't flop. Sorry.
If ur on a note 4 u might be able to help me to unlock this one. Is your phone rooted and which version r u? Im running 6.0 marshmellow

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've already ordered my S8 Plus. I am NOT holding out for the Note 8. Ridiculous how every time a new phone is released a lot of people are waiting for the next better thing.

So like the title says... Whatcha gonna do then?

I'm getting an S8+ and I'll be getting a Note 8. I have no worries.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. The "narrow" phones are hear to stay due to the onscreen navigation buttons. People want the best of both worlds - no home button and no weird display ratio. I'm hoping there's a way to just extend out the display of the Note8 by only increasing the width.

Seems no doubt the Note 8 will have the stretch, but will be as wide in portrait mode as the Note 7. Rationale in articles for this are the pen and apparent stereo speakers on top and bottom.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Seems no doubt the Note 8 will have the stretch, but will be as wide in portrait mode as the Note 7. Rationale in articles for this are the pen and apparent stereo speakers on top and bottom.

In order to maintain the 18:9 ratio, you cannot stretch one way without stretching the other way. I think they will maintain the ratio and I do think the Note8 will be wider by at least how the Note7 was - so therefore I think the Note8 will be taller as well - unless they completely eliminate the bezels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair