04-17-2017 10:01 PM
100 123 ...
tools
    I've already ordered my S8 Plus. I am NOT holding out for the Note 8. Ridiculous how every time a new phone is released a lot of people are waiting for the next better thing.

So like the title says... Whatcha gonna do then?
    04-08-2017 09:40 PM
    I would like the note 8, but I can't see them changing much but the spen and fps compared to the s8. If they go with a bigger screen it will be too big. Also there won't be much room for a bigger battery or even the same size as the s8+.
    04-08-2017 09:58 PM
    I pre ordered the S8+ but Notes don't flop. Ever. I just wish I had a Note 7, still on my Note 4, just can't wait any longer. Again… Notes don't flop. Sorry.
    sandra_17, zoomis and 1812dave like this.
    04-08-2017 09:59 PM
    I'm semi reluctantly keeping my pre-ordered S8+. If the Note 8 has a noticably wider screen I'll flip the S8+ and get the Note 8. I don't care about the S Pen, just want a wider screen. If it's only 0.2" bigger and same aspect ratio as the S8+ then I'll save my shekels and stay with the S8+.
    ODog2323 likes this.
    04-08-2017 10:11 PM
    My guess would be shorter and wider more suited for office/business work its original intention
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-08-2017 10:13 PM
    I'm being slightly facetious. However, it never amazes me the amount of people that say they're waiting for the next thing when something is released. Similarly when the Note 8 launches there still will be folks claiming to wait for the Note 9.

Mind boggling. Maybe this is why I have 2-3 phones yearly. Yeah it costs me money, but I've got to have the latest greatest for no damn reason. My girlfriend will never understand.

Only thing I wish were a little better is the camera specs on the 8+. Real world use will be the determining factor. The Pixel XL I had hands down takes the best pictures of any smartphone I've ever had. My current V20 sucks. Only in manual mode can one achieve nice quality shots on the V20. I'm an auto-mode user however. I wanna point and shoot.

Samsung has always taken nice photos for me though. Starting with the S3 galaxy I've had every s-model Samsung and been satisfied with the photos.
    04-08-2017 10:36 PM
    So when the Note 8 specs are a flop who's going to regret not getting S8 around launch?-leaked-image-alleged-samsung-galaxy-note-8.jpgLooks like the Note 8 will be a little wider than the s8+.
    04-08-2017 10:42 PM
    For entertainment purposes only I assume.
    http://www.gizbot.com/new-mobiles/sa...tm_medium=mobi
    04-08-2017 10:50 PM
    I always upgrade with the S and Note series. Im just a new tech addic and love getting a new device every 6-7 months. No matter how you look at it each new device is better than the last. Definitely wouldn't call any S or Notes a flop. Well maybe the N7 (rip) but probably are more N7's still being used than LG and pixel's combined...
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    04-08-2017 10:53 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leaked-image-alleged-samsung-galaxy-note-8.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	256235Looks like the Note 8 will be a little wider than the s8+.
    Wow already leaks of the actual device? I wonder if it's coming out in July, a bit earlier maybe.
    103Softail likes this.
    04-08-2017 11:28 PM
    I pre ordered the S8+ but Notes don't flop. Ever. I just wish I had a Note 7, still on my Note 4, just can't wait any longer. Again… Notes don't flop. Sorry.
    How did the Note 7 do?
    milehigherik likes this.
    04-08-2017 11:33 PM
    If that picture is correct, if you don't want or need an Spen then I see no reason to upgrade to the Note 8 if you already has an S8 Plus.

I'm spending a lot on phones lately though. Unless it was something totally WOWZers I won't be buying it. I might pick up a Tab S3 when the price comes down on it and that has an Spen with it.

Of course if I had the Note 7 still I would not be buying an S8 and would be waiting for the Note 8.
    Amele likes this.
    04-08-2017 11:37 PM

Almost looks like they took an S8+, and put a left over stylus from the Note 7 next to it...
    04-09-2017 12:15 AM
    Almost looks like they took an S8+, and put a left over stylus from the Note 7 next to it...
    I am willing to bet that that is all it is. lol
    04-09-2017 01:11 AM
    I am willing to bet that that is all it is. lol
    But it has the Spen icon on the lower right. It could be an early production Note 8. If you ordered an S8 Plus I just don't see the reason to waste money and buy the Note 8 unless you for sure will need the Spen. Otherwise probably not a huge difference.
    04-09-2017 01:48 AM
    If Note 8 flops I should be able to get a cheaper S8+? To be frank, if S8+ has dial cam and embedded fingerprint sensor, I would go for it already. I feel worth it to just wait a few months to decide.
    04-09-2017 02:17 AM
    I'm being slightly facetious. However, it never amazes me the amount of people that say they're waiting for the next thing when something is released. Similarly when the Note 8 launches there still will be folks claiming to wait for the Note 9.

Mind boggling. Maybe this is why I have 2-3 phones yearly. Yeah it costs me money, but I've got to have the latest greatest for no damn reason. My girlfriend will never understand.

Only thing I wish were a little better is the camera specs on the 8+. Real world use will be the determining factor. The Pixel XL I had hands down takes the best pictures of any smartphone I've ever had. My current V20 sucks. Only in manual mode can one achieve nice quality shots on the V20. I'm an auto-mode user however. I wanna point and shoot.

Samsung has always taken nice photos for me though. Starting with the S3 galaxy I've had every s-model Samsung and been satisfied with the photos.
    I was goung to wait since in a diehard Note fan. But then I saw the S8/Plus specs and saw in store. I am jumping from the eDge and they're even letting me mail it back so I dont havw to waste time in a store yay. The S8 Plus will be mailed to my house so Ill use MyUps and pickup at the delivery terminal. I have been waiting to get out of the mindset of hsing a phone I had to swttle for because my Note 7 was recalled. To me the S8Plus is worth getting now
    04-09-2017 05:29 AM
    And that's exactly what they did lol. It's funny because the people who want to wait for the note8 don't like the s8+ because of the curves or edges or overall size but then turn around and love that pic. Little do they know that's the same exact design.
    04-09-2017 05:34 AM

And a little taller
    04-09-2017 05:41 AM
    But it has the Spen icon on the lower right. It could be an early production Note 8. If you ordered an S8 Plus I just don't see the reason to waste money and buy the Note 8 unless you for sure will need the Spen. Otherwise probably not a huge difference.
    I agree if you need the S pen then why buy the S8 series, save your money and wait for the note 8.. I agree,
    04-09-2017 05:44 AM
    I really don't think the note 8 is going to go away from the taller screens. It might be a little wider if they make the screen bigger then the S8+, but it will also mean the screen will be a little taller. So if the screen is bigger and probably will be I'm not interested, for me the S8+ is pushing the limits for tall.

I think what the OP means by flop is the expected/rumored specs of the note 8, not the note series.
    04-09-2017 05:58 AM
    I've already ordered my S8 Plus. I am NOT holding out for the Note 8. Ridiculous how every time a new phone is released a lot of people are waiting for the next better thing.

So like the title says... Whatcha gonna do then?
    I'm not sure this is making any sense. Note 8 specs are always either the same as S series or better with the design a bit more refined + all the extra features you get with note that is not on any other phone.

People who are saying they are waiting for Note 8 are hard hardcore Note fans that have to have the S Pen. I am one of those people. Yes, S8 Plus is an amazing phone, but for Note nuts, there is nothing out there that can replace the Note series. Ask x Note 7 users, it's not about waiting for the "next big thing", it's about wanting a Note.
    Amele, 103Softail and LineKill like this.
    04-09-2017 07:01 AM
    I'm not getting the note 8. I'm holding out for the S9.
    KupKrazy likes this.
    04-09-2017 07:19 AM
    I'm not sure this is making any sense. Note 8 specs are always either the same as S series or better with the design a bit more refined + all the extra features you get with note that is not on any other phone.

People who are saying they are waiting for Note 8 are hard hardcore Note fans that have to have the S Pen. I am one of those people. Yes, S8 Plus is an amazing phone, but for Note nuts, there is nothing out there that can replace the Note series. Ask x Note 7 users, it's not about waiting for the "next big thing", it's about wanting a Note.
    That's fair.
    04-09-2017 08:08 AM
    I'm not getting the note 8. I'm holding out for the S9.
    Awesome... Haha
    04-09-2017 08:09 AM
100 123 ...