04-17-2017 03:05 PM
98 1234
tools
    I have a strong feeling the Samsung will delay the note8 because they're waiting on Synaptics for the fingerprint scanner under the display. Plus the s8 was pushed back a couple months. I don't see the note8 being released until November at the earliest.

By the time the note8 is revealed, I'll sell my s8+ on ebay and then pay off the rest of my bill. That's IF the battery is a lot bigger.
    Do you think a November launch is bit late for the holiday season? August seems to be the best month to launch before Apple (Sept.) and Google (Oct.) launch their phones.

Now I'm not saying that they should rush a Note 8. And who knows, maybe they're more ready than we think.
    04-12-2017 07:52 AM
    I remember last year when the Note 7 was supposedly this "huge" upgrade over the S7 Edge and what did we get? A slightly bigger S7 Edge with a pen..... My gut feeling is Samsung will play it safe and release the Note 8, which will be a S8+ with a pen... That's what the leak looks like to me.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    04-12-2017 08:20 AM
    I don't think it'll come with a UHD display.

Early spec leaks have always painted it as some form of "superphone" that is supposedly better in every way compared to its siblings, until reality hits, and it's really more of an enhanced version of its siblings.

Don't let the rumored specs get to you. If recent history is any indication, the Note 8 will likely be a slightly larger S8+ with an S Pen and new features. That's no bad thing, but don't get yourself too excited over a unicorn.
    gendo667 and Rumline like this.
    04-12-2017 08:28 AM
    I've been using the s7 edge in the Uk for around 8 months now and am very happy with it coming from using iPhones from the iPhone 4 launch to the iPhone 6 Plus.

I'm in no rush to buy my next phone so like others have decided to wait until the launch of the Note 8 and then pull the trigger.

By then any bugs found will hopefully have been ironed out too with the s8 / s8+ if any exist at all.
    04-12-2017 09:45 AM
    I don't think it'll come with a UHD display.

Early spec leaks have always painted it as some form of "superphone" that is supposedly better in every way compared to its siblings, until reality hits, and it's really more of an enhanced version of its siblings.

Don't let the rumored specs get to you. If recent history is any indication, the Note 8 will likely be a slightly larger S8+ with an S Pen and new features. That's no bad thing, but don't get yourself too excited over a unicorn.
    Agreed. While 4K is extremely awesome for VR purposes, even with the S8, Samsung have reduced the screen resolution out the box to 1080p because of the toll it takes on battery life and potentially performance. So i think there is a small chance of a 4K UHD screen option
    04-12-2017 10:14 AM
    The Note 8 will be a refined version of the S8+ with an S Pen.

It may a have a couple of the options they were planning on for the S8. Other than that, it will be a refined S8+.

I am waiting for the Note 8. Not because I don't like the S8, but I am a Note person and it is worth waiting for in that regard.
    jimd1050 and Amele like this.
    04-12-2017 10:33 AM
    Hopefully, 5 months max. Wishful hoping.

I think Samsung has to be aware that they can't go much (if any) taller with their phones. If they just make it like 6-7 mm wider than the S8+ and keep the same height, I think that would be perfect.
    ...you need to capitalize "PERFECT" - then, I totally agree! Add some width to store the S-Pen and for drawing/sketching/working with it - then they've got something!
    04-12-2017 11:46 AM
    The Note 8 will be a refined version of the S8+ with an S Pen.

It may a have a couple of the options they were planning on for the S8. Other than that, it will be a refined S8+.

I am waiting for the Note 8. Not because I don't like the S8, but I am a Note person and it is worth waiting for in that regard.
    What don't you like about the S8? I am pretty sure the Note 8 will be very similar in shape and design.
    It will have the S-Pen of course but it will resemble the S8+
    04-12-2017 11:54 AM
    I have a strong feeling the Samsung will delay the note8 because they're waiting on Synaptics for the fingerprint scanner under the display. Plus the s8 was pushed back a couple months. I don't see the note8 being released until November at the earliest.
    You're absolutely correct - I actually think the reason there was a delay on the S8/S8+ was to stall for the Synaptics scanner. When it finally became evident that it just wasn't going to happen quick enough, they decided to go with that rear mounted "obvious-second-choice-bail-out-method" and went about getting them on the market. Now, hopefully, the Samsung and Synaptics Engineers will have had enough time to get it ready for the Note 8 release!!! (Where the hell is that crossed fingers emoji when I need it?)
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    04-12-2017 12:02 PM
    What don't you like about the S8? I am pretty sure the Note 8 will be very similar in shape and design.
    It will have the S-Pen of course but it will resemble the S8+
    I like the S8 a lot. In fact I said I was waiting for the Note 8, but not because I didn't like the S8.

The Note series has always followed closely in design to the S series. I expect it to be very similar to the S8, just refined a little bit. If I could get both, I probably would.

I really enjoy the additional functions that the S Pen brings to the table, so I am going to have to pass on the S8 for that reason. It has not been easy either, but if I want the Note 8, that is what I have to do.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-12-2017 01:25 PM
    User-removable battery? External SD card? The phone looks a little large to me but I can live with it (especially if Otterbox comes out with a Defender for it), but the card and battery are important to me. So is rooting. So I'll wait until I see what's in it and when it gets rooted (I'm not spending a month figuring out how to root it myself).

But I was going to buy the Note 7, so if this one fixes the problems I'll probably buy an F (or whatever they call it) version (as long as I can find one with a US guarantee).
    04-12-2017 01:38 PM
    I bet plenty here will just sell S8 and buy note 8 anyway

Tech nuts after all
    Viscomi4444 and Diehlirious like this.
    04-12-2017 01:45 PM
    Nice Matty! Brings back memories. I still have my original Galaxy S and S2.
    Diehlirious and Matty like this.
    04-12-2017 02:25 PM
    I like the S8 a lot. In fact I said I was waiting for the Note 8, but not because I didn't like the S8.

The Note series has always followed closely in design to the S series. I expect it to be very similar to the S8, just refined a little bit. If I could get both, I probably would.

I really enjoy the additional functions that the S Pen brings to the table, so I am going to have to pass on the S8 for that reason. It has not been easy either, but if I want the Note 8, that is what I have to do.
    Basically, neither you or I have close to $2K sitting around to own BOTH so don't feel bad - that's why I'm waiting as well! ;-)
    LineKill and Diehlirious like this.
    04-12-2017 03:15 PM
    Basically, neither you or I have close to $2K sitting around to own BOTH so don't feel bad - that's why I'm waiting as well! ;-)
    I appreciate the words of encouragement!;-)
    jimd1050 and Diehlirious like this.
    04-12-2017 03:20 PM
    I appreciate the words of encouragement!;-)
    ...I had a hard enough time trying to hide away $1k for when the Note is released!

Note 8 gets leaked... Still want the S8/S8+?-laugh_2b.jpg
    LineKill likes this.
    04-12-2017 03:31 PM
    I don't mind the fingerprint sensor on the back. I'd prefer it to be positioned like LG and Huawei have theirs, but it's not the end of the world. On my S6 Edge+ I have to shimmy my hand down the phone so that my thumb can hit the FPS, and then back up to its normal position. With it on the back I'll be able to reach it easier.

It'll be cool if the Note 8 gets the FPS under the display, but for me that's not a game changer.

Well, give me a month using the S8+, maybe I'll hate it and change my tune.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-12-2017 03:48 PM
    Nope! I'll take the S8+. The Note series devices are excellent devices, they are just not my cup of tea. Mostly, because I don't have a need for it and because I prefer a bigger sized stylus like the Surface Pen that I use on my Surface Pro 3.

Based on the leaked photos, it is a nice looking device though.
    04-12-2017 03:51 PM
    Im sticking with the S line i never used the spen with my old note 7. Plus they always add curtain note features to the s line i.e iris scanner, gifs, etc added to the s8. Whatever cool stuff the note has will just get added to the s9 and ill get that. I like jumping yearly more that once seems like over kill. The note situation screwed up my timeline. Now i gotta pay off my s7e to jump to the s8p. I guess i planned to note jump each year but that got screwed up so im sticking with the s line
    04-12-2017 03:59 PM
    I remember last year when the Note 7 was supposedly this "huge" upgrade over the S7 Edge and what did we get? A slightly bigger S7 Edge with a pen..... My gut feeling is Samsung will play it safe and release the Note 8, which will be a S8+ with a pen... That's what the leak looks like to me.
    I don't know about huge upgrade. But, the Note7 was better in every way over the S7E. I only used the S7E after the Note7 recall. But, the S7E felt like a big downgrade.
    The Note7 has a better form factor, better edges, more storage, Iris scanner, HDR screen and of course the s-pen. It had the Grace UX as well, long before the Nougat update hit the S7E.
    dixkayp87 and LineKill like this.
    04-12-2017 05:02 PM
    Do you think a November launch is bit late for the holiday season? August seems to be the best month to launch before Apple (Sept.) and Google (Oct.) launch their phones.

Now I'm not saying that they should rush a Note 8. And who knows, maybe they're more ready than we think.
    Let's be real, Google isn't any real competition for Samsung. They're gonna want to get in front of Apple though.
    04-12-2017 06:01 PM

Like I said, Samsung is waiting for the technology so they can embed the fingerprint scanner under the display. Plus I think Samsung likes to leave a good amount of time between the s series and the note series.
    04-12-2017 06:48 PM
    According to rumors, iPhone was suppose to get oled screen last year, and every phone for the past year has suppose to have gotten a 4K screen.

These rumors don't really have much weight until a week or so before the reveal.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    04-12-2017 07:49 PM
    Nope, just ordering when it releases (don't think it'll be August). Thanks JOD!
    When do you think it gets released?
    04-12-2017 08:22 PM
    I don't either & just can't rationalize spending that much now on an S8, then the Note 8. Though not directed towards me I also appreciate the words of encouragement.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-12-2017 08:26 PM
98 1234