04-17-2017 03:05 PM
98 1234
tools
    "Note 8 gets leaked... Still want the S8/S8+?"

LOL I never had plans to buy those two, because I was well aware of the Note 8's existence and coming.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-12-2017 09:04 PM
    When do you think it gets released?
    I doubt it will keep the usual August release due to the whole Note 7 debacle and stricter testing and screen supply issues that delayed the S8 line, so I'd say October. Mid september wouldn't surprise me, but I wouldn't expect it.
    LineKill, Diehlirious and jimd1050 like this.
    04-12-2017 09:11 PM
    I wasn't talking about the Specs, Features, etc. I'm aware how much has changed.

OP ask if I still want the S8+?

Yes, regardless I'm still going to buy both. That's what I referring to.
    04-12-2017 09:57 PM
    I doubt it will keep the usual August release due to the whole Note 7 debacle and stricter testing and screen supply issues that delayed the S8 line, so I'd say October. Mid september wouldn't surprise me, but I wouldn't expect it.
    That sounds logical. I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs till then so I guess we'll just keep our fingers crossed that it gets an earlier release. Thanks
    04-12-2017 10:08 PM
    I read an article stating the same thing except they are saying possibly October or November. Personally I could wait til then as long as Samsung gets it right ie no exploding batteries or half-baked Bixby.
    LineKill and jimd1050 like this.
    04-12-2017 10:10 PM
    I read an article stating the same thing except they are saying possibly October or November. Personally I could wait til then as long as Samsung gets it right ie no exploding batteries or half-baked Bixby.
    Given how crappy S-Voice turned out to be, I'm not expecting great things from Bixby. So that's not a feature I'm excited about, and one I probably don't care doesn't come out at launch with the S8.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-12-2017 11:08 PM
    Given how crappy S-Voice turned out to be, I'm not expecting great things from Bixby. So that's not a feature I'm excited about, and one I probably don't care doesn't come out at launch with the S8.
    I hear you. Honestly I don't think it will take until October or November.
    04-12-2017 11:36 PM
    Nice Matty! Brings back memories. I still have my original Galaxy S and S2.
    I've kept all my previous devices. They are currently sitting on my wall. It's so nice to look back and see just how much things have changed over the years.

For example my Sony Ericsson W910i had a screen resolution of 240 x 320 with a video camera capable of shooting 240p video. Back then I was like, wow! How can they possibly improve this haha. I purchased that phone in 2008 so only 9 years go.
    04-13-2017 12:54 AM
    I've kept all my previous devices. They are currently sitting on my wall. It's so nice to look back and see just how much things have changed over the years.

For example my Sony Ericsson W910i had a screen resolution of 240 x 320 with a video camera capable of shooting 240p video. Back then I was like, wow! How can they possibly improve this haha. I purchased that phone in 2008 so only 9 years go.
    It is truly amazing in the advancement of technology over the years!
    04-13-2017 12:56 AM
    You don't have to buy phones outright anymore, you know...monthly payment plans, leasing, etc.
    Diehlirious likes this.
    04-13-2017 02:45 AM

Wow a tech wall! That's cool. I still have my old Razr and I had all the phone boxes but recently threw them away.
    04-13-2017 09:36 AM
    I hear you. Honestly I don't think it will take until October or November.
    I agree.
    04-13-2017 11:38 AM
    It is truly amazing in the advancement of technology over the years!
    It' almost impossible to keep up. In 6 months or so you will own something outdated unless you upgrade.
    04-13-2017 12:00 PM
    Wow a tech wall! That's cool. I still have my old Razr and I had all the phone boxes but recently threw them away.
    I'm planning on getting a glass cabinet for them with their names below each one. To some a smartphone is just a communication device they use and throw away but to me, they are sentimental and it's awesome being able to look back at all the form factors. (Flip-phones / Slider-phones , qwerty devices and full touch)
    04-13-2017 12:00 PM
    I'm planning on getting a glass cabinet for them with their names below each one. To some a smartphone is just a communication device they use and throw away but to me, they are sentimental and it's awesome being able to look back at all the form factors. (Flip-phones / Slider-phones , qwerty devices and full touch)
    That's pretty original! Good luck with that. That would be nice to put in a trophy room or something. It would also be nice to see the finished product.
    04-13-2017 12:04 PM
    It' almost impossible to keep up. In 6 months or so you will own something outdated unless you upgrade.
    A long time ago I used to upgrade every 3 years. Then it was 2 years. Now it is one year, but I am not even satisfied with that. Right now-right now I am considering jumping the Verizon ship, who I have been with for like forever, so I can go to T-Mobile just so I can have Jump on Demand.
    04-13-2017 02:14 PM
    I always presumed the Note 8 would have a larger display than the Galaxy S8+ but when the display is already 6.2" inches i didn't think they would go larger. Hopefully the device is wider and not even taller. With regards to the integrated fingerprint sensor, if that rumour holds true at launch. Im pretty excited for it. That would be awesome.
    Problem is most professionals use the device in portrait mode and two hands (pen of course). The current width of the 5 7" Notes is preferred rather than the narrow width. Especially for pen use.

Interesting to see what pans out, but the current images seem fake.
    04-13-2017 02:28 PM
    Hey @EMGSM, don't reply to my last comment. I don't want to be considered a thread hi-jacker, it is not polite.☺️ Not to mention​, against the rules. Oops!
    EMGSM likes this.
    04-13-2017 02:36 PM
    A long time ago I used to upgrade every 3 years. Then it was 2 years. Now it is one year, but I am not even satisfied with that. Right now-right now I am considering jumping the Verizon ship, who I have been with for like forever, so I can go to T-Mobile just so I can have Jump on Demand.
    A few members who are currently with T-Mobile have said that they don't offer Jump On Demand anymore as they wanted to change their plan to JOD. Only Jump is available and with that you have to have 50% of your phone paid off before you can upgrade. T-Mobile does have some great features though, unlimited everything (except mobile hotspot I believe) and Binge On video streaming http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=jhFQkWx_ (click on the See All link, the list is huge). I was with AT&T for over 15 years and switched to T-Mobile a few years back and have been very happy with them.
    04-13-2017 03:59 PM
    A few members who are currently with T-Mobile have said that they don't offer Jump On Demand anymore as they wanted to change their plan to JOD. Only Jump is available and with that you have to have 50% of your phone paid off before you can upgrade. T-Mobile does have some great features though, unlimited everything (except mobile hotspot I believe) and Binge On video streaming http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=yERRLwjn (click on the See All link, the list is huge). I was with AT&T for over 15 years and switched to T-Mobile a few years back and have been very happy with them.
    Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!

Well that's kind of a bummer. JOD is the only reason I would have switched to T-Mobile, as I am very content with Verizon.

Verizon also allows you to upgrade after paying off 50%. They call it their Device Payment Plan(DPP) I was wondering how T-Mobile could even offer JOD. I guess that can't anymore.

T-Mobile has made some nice improvements to their network over the recent years and they seem to have very competitive pricing. If I ever went to a different carrier, they would definitely be the one.

Thanks again!
    04-13-2017 04:35 PM

Well that's kind of a bummer. JOD is the only reason I would have switched to T-Mobile, as I am very content with Verizon.

Verizon also allows you to upgrade after paying off 50%. They call it their Device Payment Plan(DPP) I was wondering how T-Mobile could even offer JOD. I guess that can't anymore.

T-Mobile has made some nice improvements to their network over the recent years and they seem to have very competitive pricing. If I ever went to a different carrier, they would definitely be the one.

Thanks again!
    Actually, Verizon calls it the annual upgrade plan. Not many phones are qualified for it. Device payment plan just refers to any device that you're making payments on.

To stay on topic though, I'm hopeful that the S8 qualifies for Verizon's annual upgrade plan so that I can easily upgrade to the Note 8.
    Viscomi4444 and Amele like this.
    04-13-2017 06:46 PM
    Actually, Verizon calls it the annual upgrade plan. Not many phones are qualified for it. Device payment plan just refers to any device that you're making payments on.

To stay on topic though, I'm hopeful that the S8 qualifies for Verizon's annual upgrade plan so that I can easily upgrade to the Note 8.
    Thanks for the correction Jayce!

When I was interested in getting the S8, I started the upgrade process online. It stated I owed 130.00 to pay off 50% and that I would no longer be eligible for the annual upgrade program. I didn't pursue it any further as I was just checking a few things out. I don't know if I no longer would be eligible because I was paying 50% off early or the S8 was not part of the annual upgrade plan. I didn't bother talking to a CSR because they really irritate me sometimes with their lack of knowledge​ and variation of information given dependent on who you talk to at any given time.

Anyways, I would be very interested in finding out whether or not you yourself will be eligible for the annual upgrade program. So if you could let me know if you are and why if your not, when you come privy to that information, I would appreciate it☺️
    04-13-2017 07:59 PM

Thanks again!
    Jump on demand is till available you have to talk to Tforce on twitter. They can offer uoi jod
    04-13-2017 08:21 PM
    Jump on demand is till available you have to talk to Tforce on twitter. They can offer uoi jod
    Thanks, I will check it out.
    04-13-2017 08:24 PM
    Admin you can delete this comment.
    04-13-2017 08:43 PM
98 1234