Note 8 gets leaked... Still want the S8/S8+?

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Aug would be great news. However, only if the on screen fingerprint sensor is ready. If not, would rather it delay to get it right

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I hope Samsung is aware of what the demand for the N8 will be and can meet productivity, and I'm sure it will be timed to correspond with the new IPhone 8 release as well, there is a lot of marketing hype that goes into this......

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
With a rumored 6.32" 4K display, integrated fingerprint scanner in the screen, stylus, and a possible release date of August 2017, will you still be canceling that S8/S8+ preorder?

I always presumed the Note 8 would have a larger display than the Galaxy S8+ but when the display is already 6.2" inches i didn't think they would go larger. Hopefully the device is wider and not even taller. With regards to the integrated fingerprint sensor, if that rumour holds true at launch. Im pretty excited for it. That would be awesome. :D

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
No. I am done with phones. LOL

Every year it's like this what changed.

Have a look at this video. It's comparing the Galaxy S (Original), to the Galaxy S8. A LOT has changed :D We might not see the change so much every year because its normally incremental, but when you look at things in the long term, these small changes add up and become very different products. We have come a really long way and for me, every year I'm excited to see 'Where Next' :)

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Have a look at this video. It's comparing the Galaxy S (Original), to the Galaxy S8. A LOT has changed :D We might not see the change so much every year because its normally incremental, but when you look at things in the long term, these small changes add up and become very different products. We have come a really long way and for me, every year I'm excited to see 'Where Next' :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzLUP7dT1Ec&t=579s
And this is what I keep telling people. People are always saying how Samsung phones are the same every year with barely anything upgraded.

Samsung gains more profit by slowly upgrading each iteration.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a strong feeling the Samsung will delay the note8 because they're waiting on Synaptics for the fingerprint scanner under the display. Plus the s8 was pushed back a couple months. I don't see the note8 being released until November at the earliest.

By the time the note8 is revealed, I'll sell my s8+ on ebay and then pay off the rest of my bill. That's IF the battery is a lot bigger.

Do you think a November launch is bit late for the holiday season? August seems to be the best month to launch before Apple (Sept.) and Google (Oct.) launch their phones.

Now I'm not saying that they should rush a Note 8. And who knows, maybe they're more ready than we think.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I remember last year when the Note 7 was supposedly this "huge" upgrade over the S7 Edge and what did we get? A slightly bigger S7 Edge with a pen..... My gut feeling is Samsung will play it safe and release the Note 8, which will be a S8+ with a pen... That's what the leak looks like to me.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it'll come with a UHD display.

Early spec leaks have always painted it as some form of "superphone" that is supposedly better in every way compared to its siblings, until reality hits, and it's really more of an enhanced version of its siblings.

Don't let the rumored specs get to you. If recent history is any indication, the Note 8 will likely be a slightly larger S8+ with an S Pen and new features. That's no bad thing, but don't get yourself too excited over a unicorn.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I've been using the s7 edge in the Uk for around 8 months now and am very happy with it coming from using iPhones from the iPhone 4 launch to the iPhone 6 Plus.

I'm in no rush to buy my next phone so like others have decided to wait until the launch of the Note 8 and then pull the trigger.

By then any bugs found will hopefully have been ironed out too with the s8 / s8+ if any exist at all.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it'll come with a UHD display.

Early spec leaks have always painted it as some form of "superphone" that is supposedly better in every way compared to its siblings, until reality hits, and it's really more of an enhanced version of its siblings.

Don't let the rumored specs get to you. If recent history is any indication, the Note 8 will likely be a slightly larger S8+ with an S Pen and new features. That's no bad thing, but don't get yourself too excited over a unicorn.

Agreed. While 4K is extremely awesome for VR purposes, even with the S8, Samsung have reduced the screen resolution out the box to 1080p because of the toll it takes on battery life and potentially performance. So i think there is a small chance of a 4K UHD screen option :)

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The Note 8 will be a refined version of the S8+ with an S Pen.

It may a have a couple of the options they were planning on for the S8. Other than that, it will be a refined S8+.

I am waiting for the Note 8. Not because I don't like the S8, but I am a Note person and it is worth waiting for in that regard.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully, 5 months max. Wishful hoping.

I think Samsung has to be aware that they can't go much (if any) taller with their phones. If they just make it like 6-7 mm wider than the S8+ and keep the same height, I think that would be perfect.

...you need to capitalize "PERFECT" - then, I totally agree! Add some width to store the S-Pen and for drawing/sketching/working with it - then they've got something!

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The Note 8 will be a refined version of the S8+ with an S Pen.

It may a have a couple of the options they were planning on for the S8. Other than that, it will be a refined S8+.

I am waiting for the Note 8. Not because I don't like the S8, but I am a Note person and it is worth waiting for in that regard.

What don't you like about the S8? I am pretty sure the Note 8 will be very similar in shape and design.
It will have the S-Pen of course but it will resemble the S8+

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a strong feeling the Samsung will delay the note8 because they're waiting on Synaptics for the fingerprint scanner under the display. Plus the s8 was pushed back a couple months. I don't see the note8 being released until November at the earliest.

You're absolutely correct - I actually think the reason there was a delay on the S8/S8+ was to stall for the Synaptics scanner. When it finally became evident that it just wasn't going to happen quick enough, they decided to go with that rear mounted "obvious-second-choice-bail-out-method" and went about getting them on the market. Now, hopefully, the Samsung and Synaptics Engineers will have had enough time to get it ready for the Note 8 release!!! (Where the hell is that crossed fingers emoji when I need it?)

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
What don't you like about the S8? I am pretty sure the Note 8 will be very similar in shape and design.
It will have the S-Pen of course but it will resemble the S8+
I like the S8 a lot. In fact I said I was waiting for the Note 8, but not because I didn't like the S8.

The Note series has always followed closely in design to the S series. I expect it to be very similar to the S8, just refined a little bit. If I could get both, I probably would.

I really enjoy the additional functions that the S Pen brings to the table, so I am going to have to pass on the S8 for that reason. It has not been easy either, but if I want the Note 8, that is what I have to do.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
User-removable battery? External SD card? The phone looks a little large to me but I can live with it (especially if Otterbox comes out with a Defender for it), but the card and battery are important to me. So is rooting. So I'll wait until I see what's in it and when it gets rooted (I'm not spending a month figuring out how to root it myself).

But I was going to buy the Note 7, so if this one fixes the problems I'll probably buy an F (or whatever they call it) version (as long as I can find one with a US guarantee).

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I like the S8 a lot. In fact I said I was waiting for the Note 8, but not because I didn't like the S8.

The Note series has always followed closely in design to the S series. I expect it to be very similar to the S8, just refined a little bit. If I could get both, I probably would.

I really enjoy the additional functions that the S Pen brings to the table, so I am going to have to pass on the S8 for that reason. It has not been easy either, but if I want the Note 8, that is what I have to do.

Basically, neither you or I have close to $2K sitting around to own BOTH so don't feel bad - that's why I'm waiting as well! ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173