Samsung Premium Care for S8 & S8+

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
You should have had some protection on the screen.
are you saying a screen protector would have stopped it from cracking? lol, it was cracking either way, I had a case on it, albeit a minimal case, it landed directly on the corner, which is pretty much a guaranteed screen death sentence

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
are you saying a screen protector would have stopped it from cracking? lol, it was cracking either way, I had a case on it, albeit a minimal case, it landed directly on the corner, which is pretty much a guaranteed screen death sentence

That's what I'm saying. Unless you dropped from an unusual height a tempered glass would save it. Happened to me.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Maybe get a better case? I've dropped my S6 Edge many times and my toddler has thrown it against bricks and no damage, although the phone did bend very slightly, to the point that it "rocks" now when laying on a flat surface. I use TPU/PC bumper cases like the Neo Hybrid from Spigen.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I started carrying insurance on my phones after my xwifes toddler got ahold of one and put it in the dogs water dish. Then years later my current wife dropped her s5 in the toilet so if filed 2 claims but have since and always will carry coverage.

To me saying you don't need insurance on your phone, "just don't drop it" is a lot like saying you don't need car insurance, just don't wreck it!

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I started carrying insurance on my phones after my xwifes toddler got ahold of one and put it in the dogs water dish. Then years later my current wife dropped her s5 in the toilet so if filed 2 claims but have since and always will carry coverage.

To me saying you don't need insurance on your phone, "just don't drop it" is a lot like saying you don't need car insurance, just don't wreck it!
Cars are expensive. We're talking thousands of dollars not to mention medical bills if someone is hurt. Phones cost less than a thousand and can be repaired for a couple hundred. Totally different.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
If anyone else has a different method they have used to protect their phones, please drop a comment.

I use this. It's the cheapest option I could find. They cover everything outside manufacture defect. It covers drops, dead phone, water damage, and stolen/lost phone. It was $73 for my G6 and it'll be I think $74 when my S8 arrives for 1 year insurance. The deductible is $50.
https://www.worthavegroup.com/product/cell-phone-insurance/

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Premium Care for S8 & S8+

I bought the Samsung Protection Elite plan for my S6 which was $199 for 2 years (I believe) and Samsung would refund a prorated amount if you ever cancelled the protection. So, I thought it was a good deal if I ever upgraded my phone I could get some of the insurance back as a refund. When I got my S7, I tried contacting Samsung about the prorated refund and I got the run around big time. Apparently Samsung switched who their insurance carrier was for this plan and they basically said they wouldn't honor the partial refund. It ended up being only $30 refund, so I just blew it off. But, it put a really bad taste in my mouth regarding Samsung insurance plans.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I use this. It's the cheapest option I could find. They cover everything outside manufacture defect. It covers drops, dead phone, water damage, and stolen/lost phone. It was $73 for my G6 and it'll be I think $74 when my S8 arrives for 1 year insurance. The deductible is $50.

I've never heard of this group. Have you used it before or know of anyone who has had to file a claim? It looks very promising.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Thank you very much, sounds promising! I will definitely be checking it out👍

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but then at the end of the 30 days it's too late to sign up for SquareTrade or other options so they know they have you.
Maybe that is their planツ

You still have the service for the first 30 days regardless. It could possibly come in handy under certain situations.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site

Kind of wondering myself what to do.

I've never broke a phone or screen, knock on wood, or lost or had one stolen.

I can't help but think of all the money I've basically thrown away, not ever having to use it and wonder if I need it now.

Basically buying peace of mind.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Kind of wondering myself what to do.

I've never broke a phone or screen, knock on wood, or lost or had one stolen.

I can't help but think of all the money I've basically thrown away, not ever having to use it and wonder if I need it now.

Basically buying peace of mind.

It has a lot to do with piece of mind like you said. I don't mind paying a little for that piece of mindツ

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site

It has a lot to do with piece of mind like you said. I don't mind paying a little for that piece of mindツ
Square trade doesn't seem bad at all for a year. Although it doesn't cover lost or stolen. That would seal the deal for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34