Samsung Premium Care for S8 & S8+

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Not sure if you've made claims on your homeowners insurance before. But, claiming smaller items is the best way to get your premiums raised and possibly cancelled as you will be listed as a greater threat to make more claims.
Something to think about.
A lot of homeowners deductibles are fairly high as well.

these are addendum's to your policy and are not looked at the same as typical claims. they are designed for these items and priced and underwritten accordingly.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you've made claims on your homeowners insurance before. But, claiming smaller items is the best way to get your premiums raised and possibly cancelled as you will be listed as a greater threat to make more claims.
Something to think about.
A lot of homeowners deductibles are fairly high as well.
This is all true but USAA is not every other insurance company. It would take somewhere between a ton of claims and nearly impossible for them to terminate your coverage. They cover military and their families and that's it.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
it most likely does not currently covered, you would need to add it as an addendum.
The last time I inquired, which was last year, they don't cover it as an addendum. They only partner with a third party to provide cell phone insurance but it is not tied to your USAA policies at all.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
The last time I inquired, which was last year, they don't cover it as an addendum. They only partner with a third party to provide cell phone insurance but it is not tied to your USAA policies at all.

Well there you go, liberty mutual offers home computer coverage witch covers smart phones.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Premium Care for S8 & S8+

Very interesting conversation. I guess there are many different ways to protect a mobile phone.

I wonder if there are any other reasonable methods to cover your mobile phone. Definitely worth a little research.

Maybe I will come out with an article on current methods to protect your mobile phone🙄

Last edited:

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an addendum to my homeowner's policy. $50 per year covers all personal articles up to $1100. I could increase it. That's for theft and loss. I may get Samsung care for a year or square trade. Samsung covers 3 replacements per year. The others are usually 2 replacements over 2 years. At least if I read it correctly.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Discussion of insurance on brand new devices makes me realize that I cannot afford to own this phone. I was just sitting here toying with the idea of upgrading next week, but you guys ruined it. :)

What is it really? It's all about perspective and what our individual budgets allow. The low monthly payments on installment plans are just a portion of the true cost of ownership. I know you all realize that, but many people don't.

They say, "I can pay $30 a month no problem." Well actually, in a perfect scenario...sure its possible. But people fail to realize, cost of insurance, deductibles, repairs. And the true cost of ownership can easily exceed $1,200. Then its more like $50 per month if the device gets damaged.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Discussion of insurance on brand new devices makes me realize that I cannot afford to own this phone. I was just sitting here toying with the idea of upgrading next week, but you guys ruined it. :)

What is it really? It's all about perspective and what our individual budgets allow. The low monthly payments on installment plans are just a portion of the true cost of ownership. I know you all realize that, but many people don't.

They say, "I can pay $30 a month no problem." Well actually, in a perfect scenario...sure its possible. But people fail to realize, cost of insurance, deductibles, repairs. And the true cost of ownership can easily exceed $1,200. Then its more like $50 per month if the device gets damaged.

Most people will never use insurance. I've used insurance only once in 10 years.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
let me start by saying, I am NOT an Apple fan even a little bit, their phones and OS are just plain boring, but they have their handling of customer's issues handled, Samsung wants to charge you and call it "premium care" for real? my wife dropped her iphone and cracked the screen, since it was within the warranty period and there was no physical damage, they replaced the entire PHONE!!!!! Samsung wants to best Apple so badly, they could learn a thing or two here

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
let me start by saying, I am NOT an Apple fan even a little bit, their phones and OS are just plain boring, but they have their handling of customer's issues handled, Samsung wants to charge you and call it "premium care" for real? my wife dropped her iphone and cracked the screen, since it was within the warranty period and there was no physical damage, they replaced the entire PHONE!!!!! Samsung wants to best Apple so badly, they could learn a thing or two here

that type of service is hit or miss, with just the standard warranty. i have bought apple care with most of my iphones, and it is an outstanding service. if the premium samsung service was a one time fee (around $150) i wold buy it. as it is i am not spending $12 a month on it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Just don't break it. I don't break mine so I don't pay anything extra.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Premium Care for S8 & S8+

I wonder how many people don't take out any coverage at all 🤔

I myself could not take a chance on not having any coverage at all. I can afford to make payments over a period of time, but it would be a lot harder if I had to replace the phone at cost if it was damaged, expecially if I just go it.

I would recommend that everyone takes out Samsung Premium Care for the first month. It is free for the first month and can be cancelled at any time.
Surely couldn't hurt anyways.

It would be nice to have that extra coverage even it's just for a month, especially if you get your phone damaged in the first month, ouch!

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
yeah lol go ahead and live by that! I personally have had a ton of smart phones since 2010, never once broke any of them, until the day after I pre-ordered the S8, when I dropped my S7 Edge cracking the screen

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah lol go ahead and live by that! I personally have had a ton of smart phones since 2010, never once broke any of them, until the day after I pre-ordered the S8, when I dropped my S7 Edge cracking the screen
Lol I have insurance, but I'm saying, I've never had to pay for a repair or a deductible. I never break them. I treat my phones like babies. Could it happen? Sure. But I certainly won't decide not to upgrade because it could cost too much if I break the phone. I always have a backup phone for just in case as well. Just never needed any of it.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
You should have had some protection on the screen.