I guess best buy's $100 off deal is expired. What deals are out there to be had? I'd like to order on Thursday or Friday hopefully

Thanks in advance
    04-11-2017 04:53 PM
    I guess best buy's $100 off deal is expired. What deals are out there to be had? I'd like to order on Thursday or Friday hopefully

Thanks in advance
    Best Buys deal is still active on their website. Just pre order there.
    shaidaz likes this.
    04-11-2017 05:43 PM
    Yeah, Best Buy has pretty good deals. Here is another deal I came across. It basically says that Sam's Club will give you a $150 gift card if you pre-order through them.

http://bgr.com/2017/04/06/sams-club-...preorder-deal/
    shaidaz likes this.
    04-12-2017 12:50 AM
    Yeah, Best Buy has pretty good deals. Here is another deal I came across. It basically says that Sam's Club will give you a $150 gift card if you pre-order through them.

Sam’s Club has a killer Galaxy S8 deal that’s even better than Best Buy’s – BGR
    To save some the time. Best Buy will not match that deal(asked yesterday) & the Sams deal expires today 4/12. Free activation only between 4/21-4/23 per small print.
    shaidaz likes this.
    04-12-2017 08:35 AM
    Ah, thanks, I went to the store where they had the free VR, I didn't look on the website.
    T48 likes this.
    04-12-2017 08:39 AM
    To save some the time. Best Buy will not match that deal(asked yesterday) & the Sams deal expires today 4/12. Free activation only between 4/21-4/23 per small print.
    This is one reason why I like this forum...so many people with different info to pass. Thanks for the info. I didn't catch the expiration date.
    shaidaz and T48 like this.
    04-12-2017 09:28 AM
    Looks like the Sam's club deal is only on the S8, not the +
    Edited to add, looks like that's not accurate info from the article above and it does cover the 8+
    04-12-2017 09:35 AM
    Walmart has $150 off pre-orders (not gift card). I wonder if Best Buy would PM that.
    shaidaz likes this.
    04-12-2017 11:48 AM
    Looks like the Sam's club deal is only on the S8, not the +
    Where do you see this? The gift card and free activation appear to apply to both S8 and S8+. The email I received from Sam's after I preordered an S8+ specifically mentioned that the gift card would be given after free in-store activation.
    04-12-2017 12:21 PM
    Where do you see this? The gift card and free activation appear to apply to both S8 and S8+. The email I received from Sam's after I preordered an S8+ specifically mentioned that the gift card would be given after free in-store activation.
    I read it in the article but I guess the article isn't accurate. I'm not a Sam's member so I didn't get an email so you probably have better info than I do, thanks for clarifying.
    04-12-2017 12:23 PM
    Walmart has $150 off pre-orders (not gift card). I wonder if Best Buy would PM that.
    YMMV, Best Buy doesn't price match postpaid phones per their Price Match Policy
    04-12-2017 12:40 PM
    This is one reason why I like this forum...so many people with different info to pass. Thanks for the info. I didn't catch the expiration date.
    Welcome & same here. Great place for info. That aside, waited too long to preorder at Sams. Was put on a waiting list for the S8+ in orchid grey. However went back in & reserved a S8 same color. Received a confirmation on that one.

I think that is on pre paid phones, not ATT. edit: nevermind. Can do the pre paid stuff online & the traditional carrier stuff in stores. https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/6...2Fcp%2F2871322
    04-12-2017 03:53 PM
    Yeah, it's in-store only. And for some reason the only store showing on the store finder (https://wm6.walmart.com/galaxys8storefinder) is about 20 miles away.

Fine print says valid only on AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint installment purchase plan.

Definitely tempting, but the extra the $50 at Best Buy might be worth avoiding the drive and Walmart on release day.
    04-12-2017 04:53 PM
    Yeah, it's in-store only. And for some reason the only store showing on the store finder (https://wm6.walmart.com/galaxys8storefinder) is about 20 miles away.

Fine print says valid only on AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint installment purchase plan.

Definitely tempting, but the extra the $50 at Best Buy might be worth avoiding the drive and Walmart on release day.
    Does the Walmart deal include the VR like the Best Buy deal does?
    04-12-2017 05:20 PM
    Does the Walmart deal include the VR like the Best Buy deal does?
    I believe that it's a Samsung deal and not store/carrier specific. Basically if someone pre-orders the S8/S8+ they qualify for the offer regardless of store or carrier.
    shaidaz likes this.
    04-12-2017 07:13 PM
    Don't see a deal you like in retail stores or on their sites? Has it expired? No problem. Contact your carrier directly.

Here's what I've done in the past (and not abused this, as they make notes on your account):

Called/or initiated a chat with AT&T, and explained to them that you are looking to upgrade to said device, but it seems like there are no deals available while other carriers/retailers have them.

Explain that any current deal with AT&T is only extended to those who have direct TV and add a new line. Also make sure your account is in good standing before you mention your loyalty as a customer. Ask them if there is anything they can do in terms of offering similar discounts as other carriers/retailers.

You may get transferred to retentions or another level of customer service which is fine, but don't demand anything. Simply ask if there is anything they can do to help you remain a satisfied customer.

Stay cool and treat everyone you talk/chat to with respect. And remember, you are asking AT&T to do something they don't normally do. (But keep in mind, they are more than able to do this.) IF you get through, they will offer a one time discount if you buy it that day. Be prepared to buy the device you are negotiating the deal for. They want an immediate sale, and to know they satisfied you right away.

I see this in no way is "scamming" or trying to get one over on the carrier. It's called negotiating for a deal and price you deserve as a loyal customer. You are just getting your phone at a reasonable price.
    shaidaz and Denisej like this.
    04-13-2017 04:01 PM
    I did an in-store pre-order at BestBuy just this morning. Their pre-order offer extends to April 20.
    04-13-2017 05:19 PM
    For those that went through Sams Club. Am sure this is pending location, but out local one will start calling Thursday to set up appt's to get your phone. Provided they receive their shipments tomorrow 4/19. So some may have their devices from them 4/20.
    04-18-2017 06:01 PM