I am upgrading from an S6 Edge +. I am wondering whether I will be able to use the USB charging cables that I already had, or if I will need new ones due to the USB-C connection on the S8+.
    04-12-2017 10:03 AM
    It comes with an adapter but yea new ones
    04-12-2017 10:05 AM
    I am upgrading from an S6 Edge +. I am wondering whether I will be able to use the USB charging cables that I already had, or if I will need new ones due to the USB-C connection on the S8+.
    I'm switching from an S6 also and have been trying to figure out the Cable situation to. I ended up buying a 5 pack of USB type C to USB type A cables last night.

One thing I'm uncertain about is if the new wall chargers for the S8 will be type C to type C or type A to type c. So confused when I'm looking to buy extra chargers and cables for work and auto lol.

It's interesting though, I pre ordered my S8 this weekend and now this week both my Note 3 and S6's batteries have been getting worst by the day. Very very strange.
    04-12-2017 10:26 AM
    I ordered a pack of these to get thru the initial usage conditions of car and home with other than OEM charger. I'll then assess what if any cable updates I might want to make.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYCBO0C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    04-12-2017 10:43 AM
    One thing I'm uncertain about is if the new wall chargers for the S8 will be type C to type C or type A to type c. So confused when I'm looking to buy extra chargers and cables for work and auto lol.
    Count me confused as well. I hope that these S8s support the USB Power Delivery standard, just with a straight USB-C to USB-C cable That would be the cleanest solution. Because if it's just Qualcomm QC 2.0 on a USB-A to -C cable, that is weaksauce.

It's interesting though, I pre ordered my S8 this weekend and now this week both my Note 3 and S6's batteries have been getting worst by the day. Very very strange.
    No need to worry until you hear the helicopters circling your house.
    04-12-2017 12:06 PM
    I'm a little concerned about whether my Hyundai will still recognize the phone when I plug it in to use Android Auto. I've read a few threads around the Internet about other phones that use USB-C not working too well with Android Auto, unless you upgrade to high-end cables.
    04-16-2017 11:31 AM
    I bought some usb-c cables from Amazon and my Moto Z force works well with Android Auto.
    04-16-2017 11:34 AM
    I already have some. My GoPro 5 Black came with Type A to C cables.
    04-16-2017 01:46 PM
    Also, Best Buy has type A to C cables in 4' and 10' lengths. I would bet that with the S8/8+ you'll see more A to C cables and you'll start seeing more Windows laptops and Chrome Books coming out with USB-C built in. They'll probably have both type A and type C ports for the short term as USB-C phones and cameras are produced.
    04-16-2017 02:24 PM
    I'm sticking with wireless in most cases (including vehicle) because I don't have any extra cables.
    04-16-2017 03:41 PM
    I pre ordered my S8 this weekend and now this week both my Note 3 and S6's batteries have been getting worst by the day. Very very strange.
    I swear, ordered the S8+ and now my 3-year old Note 4 that's been near perfect most of the time has been showing weird "bugs" like NFC turning itself on constantly, Facebook not refreshing, Opera Browser not displaying images, etc
    04-16-2017 03:58 PM
    Amazon has plenty of food options for USB C now. Read the reviews to make sure you don't get a bad one. The adapters also provide a short term solution.
    04-16-2017 05:27 PM
    I'm sticking with wireless in most cases (including vehicle) because I don't have any extra cables.
    Can I ask what you use for wireless charging in the car. I tried the tylt wireless car charger and that one didn't work good for me.
    04-16-2017 06:17 PM
    I just got it over with and bought USB-A to USB-C cables from Best Buy for my fast charging bricks at work and the Samsung rapid car charger. Keeping track of the micro-USB to USB-C adapters would be a pain for me than just switching cables depending on which Samsung smartphone is being charged.
    04-16-2017 06:17 PM
    Can I ask what you use for wireless charging in the car. I tried the tylt wireless car charger and that one didn't work good for me.
    Montar Air Qi. Expensive but reliable and quick. I put it in a cup holder instead of mounting it. https://www.amazon.ca/Montar-Wireles...droidcent08-20
    04-16-2017 06:30 PM
    What guys you are buying as to have in car type C cable? I don't need any chargers since I have it from my old edge 7 but I need good quality type C cable to use with existing charger in the car and work. I can use adapter that came with the phone at work but still need minimum one more fast charging cable for my car.

Thank you
    04-28-2017 12:23 PM
    Anker PowerLine USB-C to USB 3.0 Cable (3ft) with 56k Ohm Pull-up Resistor for USB Type-C Devices Including the new MacBook, ChromeBook Pixel, Nexus 5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A6F3WHG...cUvbUpU5790962

I bought this for my car. Well built cable. Fully meets usb specs
    04-28-2017 08:39 PM