04-14-2017 04:38 PM
38 12
tools
    the wait is excruciating. yes it is a first world problem, and we may be on the brink of war, but HEY!!! i want my phone. On the plus side i now have three cases for it.
    04-13-2017 11:18 AM
    I had second thoughts on the s8. So I cancelled it and ordered the s8 plus on April 2 and I feel so much better. The s8 I ordered with the $99 package with the microsd card and headphones. But I didn't want the small screen so I gave up the card and headphones (it come with nice buds) and went for the plus. I bought a case for the plus. It is pretty much the same size as my Nexus 6p, although there screen will be longer, so I am much happier with my preorder.
    04-13-2017 01:02 PM
    Nope. I'm very excited to try this bad boy out.
    04-13-2017 01:03 PM
    Oh, no. No regrets. Especially after seeing it in person at Best Buy. Can't wait!
    04-13-2017 01:08 PM
    the wait is excruciating. yes it is a first world problem, and we may be on the brink of war, but HEY!!! i want my phone. On the plus side i now have three cases for it.
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Fixate on these shiny gadgets instead!

And with an all-glass-and-metal build, they sure be shiny!!
    ol_jackburton likes this.
    04-13-2017 03:51 PM
    No regrets
    04-13-2017 05:45 PM
    Not sure why my posts keep getting deleted. What are your favorite things about the S8 line? I'll start..

Narrower screen
    Larger screen (vertical)
    Newer processor
    Newest flagship phone presently
    Your top two reasons liking it are mine not liking it. Choice is cool. Well, I'm pragmatic about it if the Note 8 has the width of the Note 7. Professionals use the pen, so two handed anyway. Narrow displays are awkward and the 8+ display is less wider than the i7+.

The "leaked" images and vid seem fake.
    04-13-2017 07:15 PM
    I am seriously considering canceling on the S8+ and getting a S7 Edge. Never had a curved screen before, was a pre-order Note 7 customer, still using my Note 4.

Pluses for me would be
    1) Text goes all the way to the edge, from what I have seen the S8 being already condensed width-ways already will be even more so.
    2) Cheaper. Way cheaper. This S8+ is even more expensive than what I was set up for on the Note 7, over $200 more on a new 24 month contract.
    3) No Bixby. Seriously, I value my privacy. It's been that way since birth, same with my parents and grandparents before them. Why all of a sudden people want to volunteer to have Artificial Intelligence build code and algorithms on their personal way of life is beyond me.

I was really excited to finally be getting a new phone after 3 years with the Note 4. The thing looks amazing, but that's about it. It's not how it looks, it's its concept, all about Bixby under the hood.

Has anyone yet to think, are they aware how much of a memory hog/battery drain Buzby is going to be? Sure we will find out soon enough… making a trip to Carphone Warehouse to look at the S7 Edge and discussing my pre-order cancellation options…
    Cancel your order if you feel this way no sense in spending the money out you don't feel good about it.
    04-13-2017 08:23 PM
    What is your take on this? :
    Bixby hands-on review on the Samsung Galaxy S8 | WIRED UK

Viv has an interconnected nature, which processes conversational and complex queries that more closely resemble how people actually talk. Viv uses “breakthroughs” in program synthesis so that its AI is supposedly capable of writing its own code to accomplish new tasks. Viv calls this ability to create programs to handle specific tasks on the fly “dynamic program generation”. Think about it, that's a program on your phone that, every time you put a question to it, it writes its own software to best answer that query.
    This is why i want this phone abd i believe others want it fir tjis purpose. I am activitly looking for a "Minority Report" type life and world. Anything that pushes us closer to that as far as I'm concered is a very good thing.
    04-13-2017 08:32 PM
    Since I never had an S7 and I'm currently using an iPhone 6s Plus, it's a HUGE upgrade for me.
    Man your gonna be so blown away with that leap.

I recently changed from using iPhones from the 4 up to the iPhone 6 Plus to the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and I've not looked back. The customisation on these things are off the chart.

The act of placing an App icon where you want on the HomeScreen and not where Apple dictates may seem a small thing for seasoned Android Users but for a prior Apple user it's HUGE 😎
    04-14-2017 01:27 AM
    Same here man.
    I so agree. I returned the v20 for that reason.
    04-14-2017 04:00 PM
    Recently ordered 2 S8's, can't wait to get them in. NO Regrets at all. Having problems with Pixel both reg and XL, having
    problems with iPhones, no other phone fits my situation other than the S8. So I got one for me and one for the wife.
    04-14-2017 04:33 PM
    Not sure why my posts keep getting deleted. What are your favorite things about the S8 line? I'll start..

Narrower screen
    Larger screen (vertical)
    Newer processor
    Newest flagship phone presently
    Definitely lighter than my S7 Edge. I'm just not too thrilled about the regular S8's battery capacity...
    04-14-2017 04:38 PM
38 12