Anyone NOT having second thoughts about purchasing?

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why my posts keep getting deleted. What are your favorite things about the S8 line? I'll start..

Narrower screen
Larger screen (vertical)
Newer processor
Newest flagship phone presently

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why my posts keep getting deleted.

I sent you a message (private message / PM) about the issue.

What are your favorite things about the S8 line? I'll start..

Narrower screen
Larger screen (vertical)
Newer processor
Newest flagship phone presently

As for second thoughts? It doesn't seem like a massive upgrade from the S7 but the bigger screen is a plus. I always have loved big screens. The FP reader isn't in my favorite spot but .. I think I will live :).

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I sent you a message (private message / PM) about the issue.

Thanks I'll find that..

As for second thoughts? It doesn't seem like a massive upgrade from the S7 but the bigger screen is a plus. I always have loved big screens. The FP reader isn't in my favorite spot but .. I think I will live :).

I wish the camera were a little more upgraded.. However it'll be better than my V20. Already tested this in store. Bigger screen.... YES PLEASE! 6.2 really isn't huge since the bezels have been narrowed. It feels just right.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I like the 64 GB and I'd like it even more if there was a 128 GB and if they got rid of the microSD card slot. I don't like the aspect ratio and that it's made out of glass, but I think I could get used to the aspect ratio. I like that the FPS is on the back, a million times better than the S7 Edge. Don't like the edge screen stuff, but if you want Samsung, it's time to get over that. My favorite thing about it is that they finally got rid of the capacitive and physical buttons.

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
My personal favourites so far are the reduced curve of the screen compared to the S7e, 64gb internal storage and the on screen buttons. I also quite like the rounded corners of the screen.

I am always a bit worried about the glass back but my S7e has lasted a year without cracking so it's not a major issue.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the 64 GB and I'd like it even more if there was a 128 GB and if they got rid of the microSD card slot. I don't like the aspect ratio and that it's made out of glass, but I think I could get used to the aspect ratio. I like that the FPS is on the back, a million times better than the S7 Edge. Don't like the edge screen stuff, but if you want Samsung, it's time to get over that. My favorite thing about it is that they finally got rid of the capacitive and physical buttons.

Nice points there! However if they increase the internal storage most likely the price would be about a hundred bucks more which would put it close to $1,000.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I have absolutely 0 second thoughts. However come fall when if they redesign the pixel 2 to not look like an iPhone I may have to switch. I love my galaxies but have smoothness envy of the pixel phones when it comes to software! But that's half a year away so as of today all I want is my gs8+!!!!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
No second thoughts at all. In fact when it comes to the phone my only thought is how many more days do I have to put up with the lackluster camera on my V20.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm good with my decision to get the S8. I was hoping for maybe a little bit more like stereo speakers and 16mp camera but no 2nd thoughts here.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
No second thoughts here. Can't wait to get back to Samsung and a phone comparable to the note 7. The v20 isn't bad, but it's not even close to the note 7. I like the idea of a larger screen in a phone almost the same size of my v20. Excited to see how the 835 performs, hopefully its everything we hoped it would be.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
No second thoughts. I like that I'll have my bigger screened phone back, 64 gb and the SD card. I always thought that having 64 gb without an SD card was enough space for me, but I found that to not be true after I somehow filled up my note 5. Still trying to figure out how I did it. Lol

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Not a single second thought.

I don't have it in my hand to tell you what I like best but I can say that at this time there is only one SURE thing I will like...the smell of new electronics. ;)

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
…It doesn't seem like a massive upgrade from the S7

I am seriously considering canceling on the S8+ and getting a S7 Edge. Never had a curved screen before, was a pre-order Note 7 customer, still using my Note 4.

Pluses for me would be
1) Text goes all the way to the edge, from what I have seen the S8 being already condensed width-ways already will be even more so.
2) Cheaper. Way cheaper. This S8+ is even more expensive than what I was set up for on the Note 7, over $200 more on a new 24 month contract.
3) No Bixby. Seriously, I value my privacy. It's been that way since birth, same with my parents and grandparents before them. Why all of a sudden people want to volunteer to have Artificial Intelligence build code and algorithms on their personal way of life is beyond me.

I was really excited to finally be getting a new phone after 3 years with the Note 4. The thing looks amazing, but that's about it. It's not how it looks, it's its concept, all about Bixby under the hood.

Has anyone yet to think, are they aware how much of a memory hog/battery drain Buzby is going to be? Sure we will find out soon enough… making a trip to Carphone Warehouse to look at the S7 Edge and discussing my pre-order cancellation options…

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am seriously considering canceling on the S8+ and getting a S7 Edge. Never had a curved screen before, was a pre-order Note 7 customer, still using my Note 4.

Pluses for me would be
1) Text goes all the way to the edge, from what I have seen the S8 being already condensed width-ways already will be even more so.
2) Cheaper. Way cheaper. This S8+ is even more expensive than what I was set up for on the Note 7, over $200 more on a new 24 month contract.
3) No Bixby. Seriously, I value my privacy. It's been that way since birth, same with my parents and grandparents before them. Why all of a sudden people want to volunteer to have Artificial Intelligence build code and algorithms on their personal way of life is beyond me.

I was really excited to finally be getting a new phone after 3 years with the Note 4. The thing looks amazing, but that's about it. It's not how it looks, it's its concept, all about Bixby under the hood.

Has anyone yet to think, are they aware how much of a memory hog/battery drain Buzby is going to be? Sure we will find out soon enough… making a trip to Carphone Warehouse to look at the S7 Edge and discussing my pre-order cancellation options…
I don't think it'll be a big drain. I've had Google Assistant since the Pixel came out and never noticed any additional drain from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers