what do you plan to use the bixby button for if your planning on remapping it

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
LOL! I love it! I watched that show all the time as a kid, don't know where they got that name but I thought of this show when they first announced it

Ditto. Probably showing my age with that reference, but what the hell. (The actor's name was Bill BIXBY, for all those that didn't want to watch some SD video of opening credits.)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I am going to make mine a Finger Print Scanner... because you know everytime I pull it out of my pocket I will hit the darn thing and and Bigs will start talking to me... LOL

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I will most likely go with Google Assistant or Maps. Knowing how I am, it'll have a new function every month...ANYTHING other than that red-headed stepchild wannabe known as 'CRISPY'..er Bixby...

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I was actually one of those rare individuals who was going to actually use Bixby as Samsung intended...and then they announced that Bixby voice won't be available at launch.

I'm planning on remapping the button to the camera. If I end up with too many shots of the inside of my pocket, however, perhaps Google Assistant might take it's place.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Speaking of this, there's a VR category on RedTube.
Me ........... ummmmmm pretending to not know this and feigning surprise ahem ahem ???
c7ceb50eedeea19149e0a0488b6360a9.gif

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'd like the option to just disable it. Playing with the S8, playing youtube vids, testing volume, I found myself accidentally hitting the Bixby button and interrupting whatever I was doing with the Bixby window opening and having to close it to go back to my app. The position of the Bixby button is as bad as the position of the FPS lol.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'd like the option to just disable it. Playing with the S8, playing youtube vids, testing volume, I found myself accidentally hitting the Bixby button and interrupting whatever I was doing with the Bixby window opening and having to close it to go back to my app. The position of the Bixby button is as bad as the position of the FPS lol.

I think they do this on purpose, so many times have I opened up Google whatever it is on my Note 4 when quickly needing the Camera or something. A bit of a coincidence now what you mentioned. I thought the whole concept of this phone was no physical buttons, yet it seems that now with a soft Home Button they've made the S8 into a Walkie Talkie type device with this intrusive AI Buzby as it's intended "focal point". All part of the agenda folks…

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I was actually one of those rare individuals who was going to actually use Bixby as Samsung intended...and then they announced that Bixby voice won't be available at launch.

I'm planning on remapping the button to the camera. If I end up with too many shots of the inside of my pocket, however, perhaps Google Assistant might take it's place.

I also plan on using it. Finding out that Bixby voice won't be ready was a bit of a let down. I'll still make the most of what is available though.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I also plan on using it. Finding out that Bixby voice won't be ready was a bit of a let down. I'll still make the most of what is available though.
I agree it is a let down, for you anyways😉 As far as what else is available, nobody can really knock it until they actually try it and see what it's all about.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Even if Bixby is a huge success, which you never know cause I'm surprised by how popular Alexa is, the dedicated button was overkill. Something to force on you and you can't even kill the swipe left to Bixby or ever restore Google Assistant to it or can't disable it.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Even if Bixby is a huge success, which you never know cause I'm surprised by how popular Alexa is, the dedicated button was overkill. Something to force on you and you can't even kill the swipe left to Bixby or ever restore Google Assistant to it or can't disable it.

Yeah it's definitely overkill. Still, since Samsung doesn't block Android developers from writing apps to remap the button, I'm not terribly peeved. The way I see it, Samsung gave me a hardware shortcut to quickly access a frequently used app like the camera, Google Assistant, etc.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

I did just see in a video that you can get rid of the swipe left bixby home screen. That is good news:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon