What launcher will you use on your S8?

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I always try the stock launcher for a day or so every time I get a new phone, but then always switch back to Nova Prime. It's some much easier to customize.

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I came to this thread after reading a AMOLED burnin about the home buttons issue. Is this going to be a problen with the new S8+? Would I be better to go to Nova Prime? I have always just used stock. In fact, my dropped HTC One M8 wont let me back up photos to the computer so I may have to go to Google cloud and download from there to the phone. Contacts should come up through google for the new phone. I only had a few nonstock apps so i can go to the Google Play store and download those when i get the new phone. Never done a launher app

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I came to this thread after reading a AMOLED burnin about the home buttons issue. Is this going to be a problen with the new S8+? Would I be better to go to Nova Prime? I have always just used stock. In fact, my dropped HTC One M8 wont let me back up photos to the computer so I may have to go to Google cloud and download from there to the phone. Contacts should come up through google for the new phone. I only had a few nonstock apps so i can go to the Google Play store and download those when i get the new phone. Never done a launher app

are you talking about the nav bar buttons? they'll be there regardless of what launcher you use. Nova just lets you customize your launcher to the Nth degree. What the phone to look like a Google Pixel? check. want to load any of the hundreds of icon packs in the Google play store? check. Want to set up gestures to get more use out of your phone's home screen? check. There's a plethora of ways a custom launcher (like Nova) can enhance your mobile phone experience, it's not just limited to the few I listed.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've used Nova Prime for so many years that I've forgotten much of what TouchWiz looks like. It actually looks interesting on the S8/8+ but I think I'll stick with Nova given all the features and settings you can do.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I can't imagine not having swipe left into google now. Is this still something that Nova and others cannot do?

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Nova definitely & a Samsung dark theme ....I have been creating new layouts and searching for the best icon packs in anticipation to install on my s8+

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
W this would be my first Samsung phone for personal use so I will use touchwiz for the first 20 minutes then switch to action launcher for the first couple of days. I will then settle in to Nova

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37