Android Central: S8 Impressions & Misunderstood Features

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree Bixby sucks, I disagree that it won't suck later. Glad to know that it isn't the same sensor for the camera and agree 100% that software is where it's at. There was obviously going to be a Note 8, but I'm having a hard time understanding how it's going to be different than the S8+. I really hope the screen isn't 4K on the Note 8.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I agree Bixby sucks, I disagree that it won't suck later. Glad to know that it isn't the same sensor for the camera and agree 100% that software is where it's at. There was obviously going to be a Note 8, but I'm having a hard time understanding how it's going to be different than the S8+. I really hope the screen isn't 4K on the Note 8.

Yeah at this point the screens look good enough to me. IMO 4k would be pointless except maybe for VR

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
Yeah at this point the screens look good enough to me. IMO 4k would be pointless except maybe for VR

Why do people hate options so much? Of course 4k would benefit VR ... As it is right now they give the option for which screen resolution to use, what's wrong with one more option being added to that to compensate, and hopefully rectify entirely, the screen door we all have to look through now while using VR?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Why do people hate options so much? Of course 4k would benefit VR ... As it is right now they give the option for which screen resolution to use, what's wrong with one more option being added to that to compensate, and hopefully rectify entirely, the screen door we all have to look through now while using VR?

Who hates options? I certainly don't mind having a choice. Sure 4k will help with VR but right now the number of those using VR do not out number those that don't use it. One thing that would concern me is 4k battery drainage. FHD or even 2k is good enough for my use and if it gives me better battery life, that is what I'll choose.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Who hates options? I certainly don't mind having a choice. Sure 4k will help with VR but right now the number of those using VR do not out number those that don't use it. One thing that would concern me is 4k battery drainage. FHD or even 2k is good enough for my use and if it gives me better battery life, that is what I'll choose.

The current implementations of a few high res displays is to give a choice to the user as to which resolution they wish the phone to operate in. I'm not sure it's clear if there are any battery savings to run a 4k display in 1080 mode, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams