AT&T Galaxy S8 Pre-order Status

TheRewardisCheese

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I got notified via text that my S8+ has shipped via FedEx and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow 4/19/2017. Checked the tracking number and so far shows "Picked Up".

I am excited to say the least. I wasn't planning to buy it right now, but the stars aligned and presented the opportunity :)

LenHay

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I got notification from AT&T twice today, saying it shipped and then another notification of when it will be delivered...4/19! Well actually myUPS sent a notification of the delivery date and time! WooHoo!

LenHay

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I'm about to do the Tootsie Roll. I am beyond pumped to get my S8+ tomorrow.

The CRAPPIEST part about all of this is Fedex usually delivers packages at Noon. I work 1230-9. I also have a 30 minute drive. I typically leave early though to be safe.

Question is.. do I risk being late for the potential of my phone arriving?

Or do I risk my sanity and wait until 930PM to use my glorious new phone?

:(

Just call off tomorrow! Hehehe!

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The CRAPPIEST part about all of this is Fedex usually delivers packages at Noon. I work 1230-9. I also have a 30 minute drive. I typically leave early though to be safe.

I think you have to take at least a half day!! lol

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Don't you know about that virus? You know, the one that's going around. You might be contagious.

No, wait. You have that 24 hour thing. You're really sick. You're out of it. For 24 hours.

That virus. Or that 24 hour thing. Better safe...you know.

Marc Bondura

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Mine is in transit, scheduled for delivery tomorrow by 800pm REST.

In transit
FORT WORTH, TX
Ship date:
Tue 4/18/2017
FT WORTH, TX US
Scheduled delivery:
Wed 4/19/2017 by 8:00 pm
BALTIMORE, MD US

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I made a second call to customer retention but was not able to extend my contract as in years past. I pre-ordered the GS8 Midnight Black that is preparing to ship on 4/19. I went to a local corporate store & put down enough to get 24 month rate down to $20 per month which I figure that I can pay off early or get the GS9 next spring.

When I spoke with the special department at ATT the still can access 2 year contracts. I was told I could order on the 21st or 22nd once it isn't a preorder and get it on 2 year contract.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
When I spoke with the special department at ATT the still can access 2 year contracts. I was told I could order on the 21st or 22nd once it isn't a preorder and get it on 2 year contract.

Be sure to report back on that. I haven't been able to get ATT to do that for a customer in close to a year.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I was told the same. I thought by calling last Friday, it would be close that I could preorder and still push forward two years. I have another line with an upgrade opportunity. If my wife decides she wants to upgrade.

bobbigirl83

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Ordered direct from AT&T. A few days ago I requested that it be held at a UPS facility for pick up. I heard that AT&T, as a policy, isn't allowing the delivery to be changed until there is one failed delivery attempt. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

I don't care either way, but it would be nice to know where my phone is actually going to be delivered today ( especially if a signature is required.)

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Ordered direct from AT&T. A few days ago I requested that it be held at a UPS facility for pick up. I heard that AT&T, as a policy, isn't allowing the delivery to be changed until there is one failed delivery attempt. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

I don't care either way, but it would be nice to know where my phone is actually going to be delivered today ( especially if a signature is required.)

I'm not sure if that's true but I don't believe a signature is required.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
The S8+ is way faster than my S7E... It went from KY to MO in like 3 minutes.

ok sorry for the terrible joke... Just excited to get my S8+ today!

6c4c67aefe72f61c6ab221a1456c3182.jpg