AT&T Galaxy S8 Pre-order Status

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Just got an email from AT&T that my item is on the way. Picked up to be delivered tomorrow. Ordered it on April 13th.
dedb6eae8e3690dfca1837d1f159b905.jpg

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess that there is no rhyme or reason for AT&T deciding to ship FedEx or UPS. At least, some of us will get their device tomorrow. Lucky. Come on, UPS. Ya killin me!

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just came over from Verizon. Do I need to bring the phone to ATT, or can I swap the ATT sim from my Pixel XL to the S8+??

Thanks!!

rgladman

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I just came over from Verizon. Do I need to bring the phone to ATT, or can I swap the ATT sim from my Pixel XL to the S8+??

Thanks!!

There should be a new AT&T sim included with the phone along with instructions for activation. I would use the new one.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
There should be a new AT&T sim included with the phone along with instructions for activation. I would use the new one.

Nothing sure if it's the same for everyone but doesn't AT&T have an automated process for setting up your new device as well?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
That sucks, before with Verizon. I could just swap the SIM out and it would register everything. :(

AT&T's process is really simple, just put in the new sim card, go to the site on the paper they have in the shipping box and activate. Then Samsung has a way to transfer everything from one phone to the next.

I've done it the past 3 years and it takes less than 10 min.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
AT&T's process is really simple, just put in the new sim card, go to the site on the paper they have in the shipping box and activate. Then Samsung has a way to transfer everything from one phone to the next.

I've done it the past 3 years and it takes less than 10 min.

Okie, ill do it :)

rgladman

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
That sucks, before with Verizon. I could just swap the SIM out and it would register everything. :(

You can move the sim from one AT&T phone to another but I personally like a new sim with a new phone. Especially since you are moving from a non AT&T phone.

Skeith34

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to do the Tootsie Roll. I am beyond pumped to get my S8+ tomorrow.

The CRAPPIEST part about all of this is Fedex usually delivers packages at Noon. I work 1230-9. I also have a 30 minute drive. I typically leave early though to be safe.

Question is.. do I risk being late for the potential of my phone arriving?

Or do I risk my sanity and wait until 930PM to use my glorious new phone?

:(

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
My S8+ is at the Fort Worth Airport, coming by UPS Next Day Air, um...Saver. What are they saving? I don't know. Tomorrow!

rgladman

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
My S8+ is at the Fort Worth Airport, coming by UPS Next Day Air, um...Saver. What are they saving? I don't know. Tomorrow!

Mine is also at DFW and my status shows delivery tomorrow.

If you view the delivery in the delivery planner it will show the delivery date and estimated 4 hour delivery window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis