Re: Free GearVR and accompanying remote controller offer --

i can't believe that there is no way to get to an online form page to register for this!

if you were to go to the SamsungPromotions.com page, you'll discover that it is all information-only. i.e. there is no place to go or click to arrive at an online "registration page" for you to enter your information, including IMEI, etc, to get this bundle.

this is very odd! how can it be that there is no way to register??

may i ask if anyone else knows please? thanks.
    04-14-2017 10:28 AM
    Probably isn't live yet since phones are still in processing stage. You can't register for it untill you have the phone in your hand anyway. You need more info then what's on your receipt you got in email. You need the Mac address which is only available on the phone itself.
    04-14-2017 10:33 AM
    Probably isn't live yet since phones are still in processing stage. You can't register for it untill you have the phone in your hand anyway. You need more info then what's on your receipt you got in email. You need the Mac address which is only available on the phone itself.

i am under the impression that one only needs the IMEI number, not the MAC address?
    04-14-2017 10:39 AM
    Under section 3-B, it says IMEI and Wi-Fi MAC address are needed.

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com...mmersiverules/

You can also use the Samsung shop app. To me, this will be easier and much quicker.

https://samsungpromotions.com/suppor...immersive.html
    04-14-2017 10:45 AM
    This a US only deal? With UK preorders you get a speaker, would happily get the VR instead.
    04-14-2017 10:54 AM
    i am under the impression that one only needs the IMEI number, not the MAC address?
    For the Gear S2 promo they had with the S7/Edge, you had to have the MAC address and a copy of the shipping receipt with the MAC address and location codes (Location Codes determined which promo you were eligible for. I think the MAC address is to prevent people from ordering, using the IMEI to get the free stuff, and then canceling their order. For the MAC address, you have to physically have the phone.
    04-14-2017 12:10 PM