05-16-2017 10:09 AM
1,084 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I sent you one
    Mine doesn't show a pickup date on the order status...? Any insight?
    04-18-2017 10:39 PM
    Try calling 1-888-BESTBUY (nightmare sometimes, but not all of the time). Depending on the live agent you get, they may be helpful enough to give you more than the generic order status.
    ajax101217 likes this.
    04-18-2017 10:47 PM
    If it's an online in store pickup order, you are fine. It will update as ready to pickup the day before you can pick it up normally. You will get an email that says "your order will be ready for pickup on ...."
    ajax101217 likes this.
    04-18-2017 10:50 PM
    Been following this this thread this week and laughing at some of the grown up and anxious ones.

Ordered online 041017 for pick up Cedar Park Texas BB.
    Samsung S8+
    Orchid Gray
    ATT paid full price
    BB credit card charged tonight, showing processing with pick up date 042117.

Ian B
    04-19-2017 01:59 AM
    Does anyone know how to check your order status for a pre-order made in store for pickup? I have an order number and I received the $100 off coupon today but the order doesn't show on my account on best buy. Is there a way to look up an order by order number?
    04-19-2017 02:50 AM
    Does anyone know how to check your order status for a pre-order made in store for pickup? I have an order number and I received the $100 off coupon today but the order doesn't show on my account on best buy. Is there a way to look up an order by order number?
    You have to look under guest. Not under your best buy account. It should still say preparing though FYI.
    04-19-2017 04:08 AM
    No change on shipping date of get it by 4/25 as of 6:05 am EST. Hopefully we'll all see movement today...������

EDIT: MINE HAS SHIPPED AT 10:27 ARRIVE TIME SAYS TOMORROW!
    1naturalace and FLY_TY like this.
    04-19-2017 05:08 AM
    Mine hasn't moved at all, shopping directly to home.
    04-19-2017 06:10 AM
    I ordered mine in a Best Buy mobile in CNY. Can you give me any indications?
    You live in the 315?! Born and raised there. Nothing to do with the phone pre-order, but giving a shoutout nonetheless.
    04-19-2017 06:14 AM
    Mine hasn't moved at all, shopping directly to home.
    Same here...no change since last night.
    04-19-2017 06:33 AM
    You live in the 315?! Born and raised there. Nothing to do with the phone pre-order, but giving a shoutout nonetheless.
    Yes sir!!!
    sangs likes this.
    04-19-2017 06:57 AM
    I would think online / pickup in store orders will be tomorrow or Thursday. I'm not 100% sure I'm going based off what I was told.
    So I ordered within bestbuy mobile. Not online. I still might get a status change today?
    04-19-2017 06:59 AM
    So my online order for pick up has hit my Amex card... it says pending, but it did hit.
    04-19-2017 07:42 AM
    Online order, delivered to my house has gone through as a charge and I received my device contract this morning via email. Still no tracking number though, and still reading arrive by the 25th. I was a day 1 pre-order too. Hope it really is a glitch like they have said.
    1naturalace likes this.
    04-19-2017 07:52 AM
    I am sure it is... should be arriving soon
    04-19-2017 08:15 AM
    Got the same update yesterday regarding the delivery date getting pushed backed to the 25th. Called the best buy automated system to check on the status and was able to get a tracking number. The number isn't showing up in ups yet but my guess it will sometime today. Ordered a few hours after release.
    04-19-2017 08:35 AM
    Good morning, I'm new to this forum. Long story short I'm an iOS user for 9 years switching to a GS8+. I have used Android and tried a few different Galaxy S's in the past but ultimately went back to an iPhone. When I started looking at the GS8+ I immediately needed to get one.

OK anyway, on the the reason for posting. I preordered on 4/14 and have had no movement as of yet via BB's website, UPS My Choice and my credit card charge is still pending. I didn't expect to even look for any movement until I ran across a few forums like this one talking about how those of you are getting notifications about shipping and whatnot. In the past i've followed Apple forums that of course do the same thing. On launch days I've gone to work with no sign of getting my device that day and end up leaving work early cause it's sitting at UPS waiting for me. So I'm not expecting that this time, but not ruling it out either.
    04-19-2017 08:41 AM
    others have got there phones and you know Best buy has them in store but it is a shame they will not release them so Friday is not like Black Friday in the store. We only have 1 store and it gets so busy in there even when new phones are not out. Why wait when they have them in store and other carriers have shipped and people have there's all over today. If not for the 100$ easy go with the carrier. I would not be mad but they have them in store as you Best Buy employees know they're just locked up
    04-19-2017 08:44 AM
    others have got ehre phones and you know Best buy has them in store but it is a shame they will not release them so Friday is not like Black Friday in the store. We only have 1 store and it gets so busy in there even when new phones are not out. Why wait when they have them in store and other carriers have shipped and people have there's all over today. If not for the 100$ easy go with the carrier. I would not be mad but they have them in store as you Best Buy employees know they're just locked up
    It's Samsung's call on that. Breaking street date can cause fines and loss of the ability to sell a companys products.
    04-19-2017 08:46 AM
    Yea, all that Best Buy can do is go back to Samsung and ask to release early based on the fact that carriers are delivering phones today. They can make a case that they will loose business next time if they don't let them release, etc.

We will have to wait and see
    04-19-2017 08:52 AM
    others have got there phones and you know Best buy has them in store but it is a shame they will not release them so Friday is not like Black Friday in the store. We only have 1 store and it gets so busy in there even when new phones are not out. Why wait when they have them in store and other carriers have shipped and people have there's all over today. If not for the 100$ easy go with the carrier. I would not be mad but they have them in store as you Best Buy employees know they're just locked up
    Not to sound rude or anything. But it's Wednesday. Yes some people are receiving theirs early. Some people aren't. Remember the original release date is April 21, that's only 2 more days. If I didn't receive my phone by then, then I would be upset.

Even though we may have the phones in store, we cannot sale them yet. Sometimes and most of the time, our registers don't even allow us to sale something before the release date.
    04-19-2017 08:53 AM
    Not to sound rude or anything. But it's Wednesday. Yes some people are receiving theirs early. Some people aren't. Remember the original release date is April 21, that's only 2 more days. If I didn't receive my phone by then, then I would be upset.

Even though we may have the phones in store, we cannot sale them yet. Sometimes and most of the time, our registers don't even allow us to sale something before the release date.
    Makes sense.
    But I want it. Haha. For real though there's gotta be talk of early release by now.
    Attached Thumbnails Best Buy Pre-Orders-5a439a3f9081bc82cd22ceb5bd300e45_cartman-whines-but-mom-cartman-meme-but-mom_408-408.jpeg  
    04-19-2017 09:03 AM

Pirarre, first thank you for all of your insight so far. I must say as a former BB employee I know it seems frustrating on your side, heck we all wanted our phones the day they were announced (Sammy needs to figure that out similar to what Apple is doing) but do not take anything said on here as an attack or us being rude to you.

I think I speak for everyone here as well when we say THANK YOU! And continues to let us know if BB/Samsung decide to release the product in-store for purchase.
    adam29617 likes this.
    04-19-2017 09:07 AM
    I just called BB automated service and indeed have a tracking number as well, but when I go to UPS tracking it says there's no tracking info as of yet, so it is sounding like the 25th date is a glitch because of all the record breaking pre-orders for the S8 & S8+, fingers crossed everyone we should see movement for sure today...
    1naturalace likes this.
    04-19-2017 09:08 AM

I agree with what you are saying and an in no way upset with you, however if Best Buy continues to let this happen people will start talking with their wallets and start buying elsewhere. Heck with this release I see people in the other threads saying that they went with carrier X because they got the phone sooner last time. Best Buy is unfortunately setting a precedent, we as a group are junkies and business must react to markets.

Again I am not upset with Best Buy or any of you guys that work there and are being very helpful. I appreciate you guys.
    pirarre and jackash0912 like this.
    04-19-2017 09:14 AM
1,084 ... 1112131415 ...