Best Buy Pre-Orders

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, for those who are outraged about the crowds on Friday, why did you choose store pickup to begin with? I don't want to wait in a huge line either, so I chose to get mine delivered.

Because I went in and they said I couldnt have it shipped to me... only could do in store pick up. I tired to order online prior to going in the store but something with my carrier update was blocking the approval. At least that is why for me. I wish I just had it shipped. :( Friday is going to suck so bad yet suck so great lol.

Douglas Griffis

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I ordered online and chose instore - it should be as simple as walking in, and walking out with activation packet.

I dont think our best buy is ever that busy - parking lot is 3/4 empty, even on the weekends.

zhingket

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, for those who are outraged about the crowds on Friday, why did you choose store pickup to begin with? I don't want to wait in a huge line either, so I chose to get mine delivered.

On the note 7 release, they messed up my order, I pre-ordered the hour it is available on their website and I got the phone 3 days after the release date because the "back office" cannot activate the phone, and reading thru forums the people who did store pick-up went smoothly no lines because they set you an appointment, so yeah that is my reason. And on the round 2 of the note 7 I did store pickup and I was in and out in like 20 minutes on the first day it was re-available. So reading thru this forum makes me think of ordering thru my carrier next time, if I upgrade every year the $50 or $25 savings is nothing compared to the jealousy have right now.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Because I want to put a down payment on my Best Buy card and I couldn't do that by ordering online. Also I would be at work when it was delivered and not there to sign for it.

jacko147

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Because the last two phones I had delivered to my house I had waited all day until 4pm when I had to leave for work, missed shipment on both, and I honestly felt imprisoned waiting, couldn't go anywhere, the second time it happened, I told ups I would pick it up at the warehouse the next day so I wasn't sitting at home all day again waiting, 40 mins 1 way to the warehouse.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well i kinda expected all along not to get it till Friday and the 100$ saved by getting it from BB makes that fine BUT Friday is going to be insane in my local Best Buy. I am not 1 who likes to wait around a long time and now have 2 choices. Either get there a half hour before they open and wait then get in and wait for them to figure out what they're doing or i can wait and go later after they open and wait in a huge line. They have to deal with people from all carriers and the few times i have been in there of late they expect to have loads of people who pre ordered them. Why not let some people get the pre orders tomorrow and cut down on a huge line? They do not see they will lose business as after you stand and wait for 2 hours for a phone you remember that and next time go with the carrier no matter the discount

That's Samsung's call not Best Buy. Best Buy can't break street date unless Samsung gives the OK

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well i kinda expected all along not to get it till Friday and the 100$ saved by getting it from BB makes that fine BUT Friday is going to be insane in my local Best Buy. I am not 1 who likes to wait around a long time and now have 2 choices. Either get there a half hour before they open and wait then get in and wait for them to figure out what they're doing or i can wait and go later after they open and wait in a huge line. They have to deal with people from all carriers and the few times i have been in there of late they expect to have loads of people who pre ordered them. Why not let some people get the pre orders tomorrow and cut down on a huge line? They do not see they will lose business as after you stand and wait for 2 hours for a phone you remember that and next time go with the carrier no matter the discount

If you don't like lines and things you shouldn't do an in store pickup. That isn't the fault of anyone and they gave you a choice to ship it to you when you ordered.

I see no issues with them releasing the phone on Friday since that is the official release day.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, so I checked under guest. Put in my order number, name, and phone number and it can't find my order
I was having the same issue with my phone number. They still had me under an old number from when I first signed up for my rewards. That could be the issue.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like lines and things you shouldn't do an in store pickup. That isn't the fault of anyone and they gave you a choice to ship it to you when you ordered.

I see no issues with them releasing the phone on Friday since that is the official release day.

They told me in store I could only pick up in store. I couldnt have it shipped to me. I tried.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12