05-16-2017 10:09 AM
1,084 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    I was in and out in less than 10 minutes! I got there exactly at about 10:01, and there was one guy already in line. The lady scanned the box, printed out my pick-up receipt and out the door I went! I couldn't wait to get home to open it up! This is an amazing phone!

I set everything up, then went onto the Shop Samsung app to register for the bundle. I filled out all forms, uploaded my receipt and chose the $99 bundle, but there was an error when I submitted. I closed out the app, then opened it back up to only find the free gear vr w/ remote option. This is what happens when you have carriers releasing earlier than some. Samsung needs to get their stuff together. I think they should have opened up registration for the promotion today, to make it fair for everyone. I'm on the phone, on hold, waiting to talk to them as I type this.
    04-21-2017 01:03 PM
    Ok... Picked it up. Didn't have to let them activate it.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9a79da3687.jpg
    Nice Infinity display to pair with your INFINTI! I have a Q50... they shall pair nicely. Enjoy the phone man!
    ClintRo likes this.
    04-21-2017 01:05 PM
    Dude don't get all pissed off with Best Buy. Again get pissed off at Samsung.

You have every right to get the phone from somewhere else.

You made because BB didn't release it early but DID release it on the date set forth by Samsung themselves .. smh

Other stores also open at 8AM 9AM and Best Buy does not open till 10AM and i am in EST if you are in PST well just forget it. And it is both there faults for the stupid company allowing people to sign up days ahead of time. Tell me this why start the offer early? Today is release date and funny thing is the 99$ bundle was sold out by 10AM. So yes i am pissed at both and will never order from BB stores again.
    DWS44 likes this.
    04-21-2017 01:10 PM
    I was in and out in less than 10 minutes! I got there exactly at about 10:01, and there was one guy already in line. The lady scanned the box, printed out my pick-up receipt and out the door I went! I couldn't wait to get home to open it up! This is an amazing phone!

I set everything up, then went onto the Shop Samsung app to register for the bundle. I filled out all forms, uploaded my receipt and chose the $99 bundle, but there was an error when I submitted. I closed out the app, then opened it back up to only find the free gear vr w/ remote option. This is what happens when you have carriers releasing earlier than some. Samsung needs to get their stuff together. I think they should have opened up registration for the promotion today, to make it fair for everyone. I'm on the phone, on hold, waiting to talk to them as I type this.

I am on hold right now also lol someone is going to get a ear full. I bet this is why long hold time.
    DWS44 likes this.
    04-21-2017 01:12 PM
    It is still kinda crap. I didn't get the $99 package either.
    DWS44 likes this.
    04-21-2017 01:40 PM
    It is still kinda crap. I didn't get the $99 package either.

I know i am on hold and going to let them know just how bad they screwed up and how much BB did as well. There was no reason if other places let them go early then BB should also to maybe help there customers. All this can't release before release date stuff is FOS Samsung does not care only Corp BB does and it cost us as there was really no way to get it at 10AM right when the door open and flew home and still was sold out. live and learn never buy from BB ever again even with a discount.
    04-21-2017 01:47 PM
    I was on hold for an hour and a half, then the phone hung up. I am not pleased at all with Samsung right now, and I think I'm going to cancel the pre-order of fast charge wireless convertible and car charger that I placed a couple days ago. They need to get organized.
    04-21-2017 01:57 PM
    Nevermind. It was the plastic over the screen. No red tint here thank God. Typing from my s8 + right now. This screen is amazing and touchwiz is pretty much nova at this point. So glad I went +. It's not even big. Gorgeous
    DWS44 likes this.
    04-21-2017 01:59 PM
    Got it !
    04-21-2017 02:01 PM
    I know i am on hold and going to let them know just how bad they screwed up and how much BB did as well. There was no reason if other places let them go early then BB should also to maybe help there customers. All this can't release before release date stuff is FOS Samsung does not care only Corp BB does and it cost us as there was really no way to get it at 10AM right when the door open and flew home and still was sold out. live and learn never buy from BB ever again even with a discount.
    Yet again. ZERO blame on Best buy on this.

Blame Samsung for a ridiculous 50k limit on the bundle. Blame them for not authorizing best buy to release early. Blame the other stores for breaking street date.

Best Buy did EXACTLY what they told you they would do by providing you with a phone on the 21st and followed the contract in place with Samsung. They can't break that without legal implications.

Its fine to be mad but let's place the blame in the correct place. That's not on Best Buy
    04-21-2017 02:17 PM
    I dont even have my device let alone the $99 pack, I have a 4/25 delivery date and talking to best buy reps is like walking in circles
    04-21-2017 02:23 PM
    I agree with you Stickboy for the most part. However if Best Buy continues to allow other vendors to break Samsung's deadlines then they will continue to lose business. That is just a fact.

I know while I have no ill will for best buy I will have to consider buying elsewhere next time. I already walked out of a Best Buy one before and they lost a sale. It was a few years back.
    04-21-2017 02:32 PM
    All done. 15 minutes total in the store, not as crowded as I expected. A couple of other people getting theirs activated. I was asked if I would like them to open and activate or if I just wanted to take it and go. I let them, so I could see the screen. I couldn't really tell if there was a red tint, so at most, it's minimal, so I guess that's fine. First thing I did was register for the promo, yup, no $99 option. No matter, I already have an SD card and BT headset, I was probably only going to sell them anyway. Saved me a hassle. Now many hours/days of setting it all up.
    04-21-2017 02:33 PM
    I agree with you Stickboy for the most part. However if Best Buy continues to allow other vendors to break Samsung's deadlines then they will continue to lose business. That is just a fact.

I know while I have no ill will for best buy I will have to consider buying elsewhere next time. I already walked out of a Best Buy one before and they lost a sale. It was a few years back.
    Man this phone feels good in hand. I have it downloading all my apps over LTE right now. Can't wait to get it fully setup .
    bhatech likes this.
    04-21-2017 02:34 PM
    Man this phone feels good in hand. I have it downloading all my apps over LTE right now. Can't wait to get it fully setup .
    I used smart switch from my s7 edge and it was super fast.

Love this phone for sure.
    04-21-2017 02:36 PM

I don't see how Best Buy has control over other retailers breaking street dates. That's on Samsung. I'd venture to guess Best Buy contract with Samsung is one of the largest Best Buy has. They sell tons of products categories. They would lose a TON if Samsung pulled their contract due to breaking street dates. Other stores would have a lot less of an impact if that happened to them.
    04-21-2017 02:37 PM
    I used smart switch from my s7 edge and it was super fast.

Love this phone for sure.
    Yeah I was using a Moto G5. Just having it re-download and once I install Nova it will reset everything back so not worried .
    04-21-2017 02:39 PM
    I was told supplies became low at the exact minute I ordered my device lol I asked why was I sent a device on 4/19 that was ordered after the one that is being delivered on 4/25
    Heres the reply

Okay, we have a designated to resolve why is the first order is not sent on the scheduled data pf shipment to your address.

Can someone get their cereal decoder ring and translate this to me.
    04-21-2017 02:49 PM
    Enjoy !! You've been incredibly patient !!
    04-21-2017 03:14 PM
    I don't see how Best Buy has control over other retailers breaking street dates. That's on Samsung. I'd venture to guess Best Buy contract with Samsung is one of the largest Best Buy has. They sell tons of products categories. They would lose a TON if Samsung pulled their contract due to breaking street dates. Other stores would have a lot less of an impact if that happened to them.
    The problem is competitive advantage. Consumers will go elsewhere. That is why it is Best Buy's problem.
    04-21-2017 03:16 PM
    I am not discussing right or wrong here. I am saying that Best Buy should leverage thier relationship with Samsung and negotiate a better deal.

If they don't they will continue to lose business.
    Michael Pecikonis likes this.
    04-21-2017 03:18 PM
    Come on UPS! They are normally in the neighborhood around noon - 1pm, but it's almost 4:30 and still no sight of them .

Though I am pretty happy BB came through on getting the phone today, though sucks about missing the $99 promo. I was having my doubts about even getting the phone today.
    04-21-2017 03:24 PM
    Lets discuss that its 4/21 and I didnt get my phone
    shaneontherocks and DWS44 like this.
    04-21-2017 03:25 PM
    Lets discuss that its 4/21 and I didn't get my phone
    It's starting to look like you aren't the only one. I preordered in store and still have not been notified to pick up my phone. I went in the store at noon and they said my phone hadn't arrived yet...
    04-21-2017 03:28 PM
    I am not discussing right or wrong here. I am saying that Best Buy should leverage thier relationship with Samsung and negotiate a better deal.

If they don't they will continue to lose business.
    Dam right
    04-21-2017 03:44 PM
1,084 ... 3738394041 ...