05-16-2017 10:09 AM
1,084 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Has anyone's status been changed to "Preparing"? It seems strange that here we are 3 days out and we're all still "Processing". Starting to think I should've chosen the in-store pick up.
    No change on my Best Buy status but the pending charge on my cc has disappeared.
    04-18-2017 06:39 AM
    Has anyone's status been changed to "Preparing"? It seems strange that here we are 3 days out and we're all still "Processing". Starting to think I should've chosen the in-store pick up.
    I haven't seen on any of the forums that people who pre-ordered through Bestbuy have any delivery status changes... I was being cheap going for the $100 off deal... I probably should have just ordered in the AT&T store like I always did.
    04-18-2017 06:42 AM
    No change on my Best Buy status but the pending charge on my cc has disappeared.
    They'll charge you when the phone actually ships.
    04-18-2017 06:43 AM
    Still "processing" here as well.
    04-18-2017 06:50 AM
    This was probably answered already, but i bought through best buy paid in full and chose in store pick up. Will they make me activate it? Id rather set it up first and then activate it when i want.
    You do not have to activate it in store then if u paid in full and chose in store pickup
    04-18-2017 07:07 AM
    Status probably won't change until tomorrow or even Thursday. It's a process we have to go through.

If we are able to release the phones a a day or two early, status would change immediately.
    04-18-2017 07:08 AM
    Mine is still preparing, but i chose in store pick up.
    04-18-2017 07:08 AM
    just want to stop and say thank you to the Best Buy employees on this thread, for helping guide us in our neurotic nerdiness, while we wait for our new toys!
    04-18-2017 07:13 AM
    They are nerds too!!! Nerd Squad!! or is it Geek Squad??

LOL

Pre Ordered payment plan with in store pick up here...too. Was hoping to grab and go, but I doubt that will work.
    04-18-2017 07:26 AM
    They are nerds too!!! Nerd Squad!! or is it Geek Squad??

LOL

Pre Ordered payment plan with in store pick up here...too. Was hoping to grab and go, but I doubt that will work.
    Depends I guess - Did you order online, or in store? Apparently - online, like I did, comes with activation packet I can do myself.
    04-18-2017 07:28 AM
    Ordered online, with in store pickup. But last time I did that they wanted to active.... even lost a sale because of it. Stupid IMO, but whatever.
    04-18-2017 07:39 AM
    Ordered online, with in store pickup. But last time I did that they wanted to active.... even lost a sale because of it. Stupid IMO, but whatever.
    I hope we can grab and go! I have in store pick up but on payment plan. I don't want someone to set it up, I like doing that myself!
    04-18-2017 07:50 AM
    I did in store pre-order and was told they would call me Thursday to schedule my pick up appointment on Friday. I didn't pre-order until yesterday but Best Buy said I would get one Friday. I couldn't give up $100 bucks by ordering through AT&T for no reason.
    04-18-2017 08:15 AM
    New process is that it should be "Pre-Activated" and they will provide you with a packet that you can finalize the activation later. The device will already be tied to your account.
    ClintRo and Douglas Griffis like this.
    04-18-2017 08:25 AM
    I ordered online for shipping to my door. All signs pointed to delivery by (or on) the 21st so status has to be changing here soon.
    Proletariat Rising likes this.
    04-18-2017 08:31 AM
    I ordered online for shipping to my door. All signs pointed to delivery by (or on) the 21st so status has to be changing here soon.
    Same thing I did...
    04-18-2017 08:32 AM
    Verizon customers in another thread are reporting that they're receiving shipments. With the partnership that Best Buy and Samsung have you would think they would release early.
    FLY_TY likes this.
    04-18-2017 08:33 AM
    I was hoping to see some movement on our orders today from pre-ordered to processing at least!! I pre ordered on the 30th but hope to get it @ least on Friday. I hope I don't regret ordering thru best buy instead of direct from Verizon all to save some money!
    04-18-2017 09:13 AM
    I was hoping to see some movement on our orders today from pre-ordered to processing at least!! I pre ordered on the 30th but hope to get it @ least on Friday. I hope I don't regret ordering thru best buy instead of direct from Verizon all to save some money!
    Same. I ordered mine the 30th as well. I used to work for Radioshack, then VZW, then AT&T. Even my contacts don't know what's up yet.
    04-18-2017 09:16 AM
    Verizon customers in another thread are reporting that they're receiving shipments. With the partnership that Best Buy and Samsung have you would think they would release early.
    They may release early. If they do, I don't think it'll be today at all
    04-18-2017 09:18 AM
    I was gonna preorder thru AT&T but the $100 off got me lol. I returned a S7 that I bought and put all that money down on a S8+ lol!

The BB guy told me anytime between this Friday and next Friday?!?!

This is my first time preordering thru BB so hopefully it's a great experience!
    04-18-2017 09:19 AM
    I was gonna preorder thru AT&T but the $100 off got me lol. I returned a S7 that I bought and put all that money down on a S8+ lol!

The BB guy told me anytime between this Friday and next Friday?!?!

This is my first time preordering thru BB so hopefully it's a great experience!
    I really hope for a Friday pick up at least as I am doing in store pick up, but I am picking up at a different store then I usually do. I will be out of state this weekend and picking up where I will be! Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Lefty724 likes this.
    04-18-2017 09:25 AM
    Come on Best Buy!!!!

Best Buy Pre-Orders-capture.jpg
    04-18-2017 10:01 AM
    I hope so too, I am half day on friday to do the store pick-up as I had a very bad experience on the note 7 having it shipped (bestbuy online), swore not to order from bestbuy anymore but that $50 discount (I ordered regular s8) compared to carriers, plus rewards points makes me go with them. Sam's club have a nice promotion but not worth the risk as they might have low stock and you won't get it on release day.

I know most people ordered the 8+, and I was about to cancel my order to change to 8+ but weighing the benefits for a bigger phone is same argument with the iphone 6 & 6+, if it is like the s7 & s7 edge or iphone 7 & 7+ the decision would be easier (bigger better), also I've had the LG V10 and sometimes its annoying that you need to fix the phone in your pocket in order to sit properly.

This is the longest 3 weeks of my 2017, and probably will happen again in August (for the note 8)
    FLY_TY likes this.
    04-18-2017 10:02 AM
    Thanks, that's what I was hoping for! I want that pleasure of doing all that setup myself!

I was supposed to get an email from best buy with a prepaid return label to send my S7 edge back to Verizon but haven't received that yet. I pre ordered on March 30th. Do you think they will send the email after I pick up the S8+?
    I think you wont get the label until you actually pick up the Galaxy S8/8+. It will be emailed to you. You have 14 days from that date to return your current device.
    04-18-2017 10:07 AM
1,084 ... 34567 ...