Best Buy Pre-Orders

Jdhumpf

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
has anyone ever pre-ordered a phone from best buy and not gotten it on day one?

I am also curious of that. I also want to confirm that I will get my order on that day or before. My order had to be done differently because I'm porting a number. I'm hoping there's no issues with it.

Douglas Griffis

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Very curious about that. I stopped in Saturday to talk to someone (Ordered online, deliver to store) and she kept saying "Don't come in until you receive the email from us. Internet orders are unreliable"

Um, no. Not a reason or excuse, not in this day and age.

I am going out of town Friday midday, and I want this phone in my greasy palms.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I am also curious of that. I also want to confirm that I will get my order on that day or before. My order had to be done differently because I'm porting a number. I'm hoping there's no issues with it.

I was in similar boat when the S6 came out couple years ago. I had it preordered in-store, and was making the switch from Sprint to Verizon and porting my number. Everything went perfectly...got one of the first ones they had when they opened on Launch day. They did all the Verizon acct setup and number porting right there and activated the phone on Verizon before I left.

Jdhumpf

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
I was in similar boat when the S6 came out couple years ago. I had it preordered in-store, and was making the switch from Sprint to Verizon and porting my number. Everything went perfectly...got one of the first ones they had when they opened on Launch day. They did all the Verizon acct setup and number porting right there and activated the phone on Verizon before I left.

Thanks for the experience advice! Now I just want my phone! Lol

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Very curious about that. I stopped in Saturday to talk to someone (Ordered online, deliver to store) and she kept saying "Don't come in until you receive the email from us. Internet orders are unreliable"

Um, no. Not a reason or excuse, not in this day and age.

I am going out of town Friday midday, and I want this phone in my greasy palms.

Has nothing to do with how the order was placed. The only issue we see are under allocation from the manufacturer. Apple is worse at this than Samsung.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

Never can guarantee a date but as long as an order was placed, you will get your device in the position that your order was placed.

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
has anyone ever pre-ordered a phone from best buy and not gotten it on day one?

when the S6 edge released, there was a delay with the AT&T version at Best Buy. if you go back into the archives of the S6 edge forum you can read all about it.

i live in Arizona and was reading forum posts from East Coast people saying Best Buy didn't get them, so as soon as my Best Buy opened, i called and they confirmed that they did not receive the AT&T version of the S6 edge.

i got desperate and started trying to find anywhere that i could find one.

luckily, around 3pm, Best Buy called to let me know they had just gotten them.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
when the S6 edge released, there was a delay with the AT&T version at Best Buy. if you go back into the archives of the S6 edge forum you can read all about it.

i live in Arizona and was reading forum posts from East Coast people saying Best Buy didn't get them, so as soon as my Best Buy opened, i called and they confirmed that they did not receive the AT&T version of the S6 edge.

i got desperate and started trying to find anywhere that i could find one.

luckily, around 3pm, Best Buy called to let me know they had just gotten them.

Well Sammy is saying that there will not be any supply issues. So hopefully, there isn't any.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
When I get my phone at Best Buy, can I slip in my Sim card from an HTC to use on ATT ? Will I incur the activation fee? Will it work the same as if they put a new SIM card in?

I would love to know this as well. Upgrading from Note 5...if I just move my SIM and not use new SIM, will they still charge $30 activation fee? Or is there any advantage in using new SIM?

cocob89

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I work for ole blue too. This will be the third phone I've preordered through Best Buy. The only one I didn't get on launch day was the iPhone 6. I've noticed, like the others have already mentioned, that Apple releases tend to have the supply issues.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I would love to know this as well. Upgrading from Note 5...if I just move my SIM and not use new SIM, will they still charge $30 activation fee? Or is there any advantage in using new SIM?

Did you buy the phone outright (full cost up front) or did you do a NEXT agreement?

Miles Kennefick

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I tweeted Best Buy and asked if they were planning to start shipping since other retailers were starting to move. They responded with a boilerplate non-answer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac