Best Buy Pre-Orders

Douglas Griffis

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I was under the impression they are calling the day before to make "appointments" rather than just blast emails for people to come and get them.

I heard the appointment thing too... But the girl saturday said I pick it up at the web orders desk along with an activation packet. Dont see why i need an appointment if they arent activating it.

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
We are doing appointments too,but only for in-store preorders.

But we're not scheduling appointments if you ordered online and just want to pick it up

I only ordered in-store because I first pre-ordered (online) the S8 and decided to change to the plus and went in so they can cancel the upgrade with Verizon and clear it to switch my order to the plus. I also wanted to confirm my VZ trade in offer for the S7E. They did the pre-order with me, I have a receipt, albeit under my wife's name and I can't see the order status online so it feels like just an IOU for a phone when they come in. No big deal, but I wish I had more than just a piece of paper and also realized I didn't have to do any of this in store.

So here's my question: will I be able to grab the phone and go or will I have to sit there while they open and activate it for me. I've heard about customers not able to leave until it's activated by the BB employees and to be honest, I'd feel better doing all the tech setup myself.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I only ordered in-store because I first pre-ordered (online) the S8 and decided to change to the plus and went in so they can cancel the upgrade with Verizon and clear it to switch my order to the plus. I also wanted to confirm my VZ trade in offer for the S7E. They did the pre-order with me, I have a receipt, albeit under my wife's name and I can't see the order status online so it feels like just an IOU for a phone when they come in. No big deal, but I wish I had more than just a piece of paper and also realized I didn't have to do any of this in store.

So here's my question: will I be able to grab the phone and go or will I have to sit there while they open and activate it for me. I've heard about customers not able to leave until it's activated by the BB employees and to be honest, I'd feel better doing all the tech setup myself.

You will have to sit at the store while We activate it.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So with an online order with in store pick up, can we grab it and go?

Yup! Just wait for the email that says your order is ready for pickup. The man go up to the store, bring a valid photo ID and the Credit or Debit card u used to make the order.

They gonna enter the info off the card and then give you the phone and out the door you go :)

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I've ordered three phones from best buy in the last couple of months, and they just hand it to me unopened after I sign for it at the pick up desk. Never had to activate it with them.

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Yup! Just wait for the email that says your order is ready for pickup. The man go up to the store, bring a valid photo ID and the Credit or Debit card u used to make the order.

They gonna enter the info off the card and then give you the phone and out the door you go :)

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for! I want that pleasure of doing all that setup myself!

I was supposed to get an email from best buy with a prepaid return label to send my S7 edge back to Verizon but haven't received that yet. I pre ordered on March 30th. Do you think they will send the email after I pick up the S8+?

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I've ordered three phones from best buy in the last couple of months, and they just hand it to me unopened after I sign for it at the pick up desk. Never had to activate it with them.

Well they're not supposed to. We're supposed to open and activate all new devices. Unless, they're paid for online, full price or prepaid devices.

But hey....good for u :)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually canceled an order at Best Buy one time because they wouldn't let me. It was for my daughter and I didn't want her to be without a cell phone all day. I went straight to Verizon and they handed me the box without activating.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I actually canceled an order at Best Buy one time because they wouldn't let me. It was for my daughter and I didn't want her to be without a cell phone all day. I went straight to Verizon and they handed me the box without activating.

Next time that happens, tell them to keep the same sim active and that way her service won't get disconnected.

Then when u gets chance, just pop the old sim in the new phone and you're straight :)

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
This was probably answered already, but i bought through best buy paid in full and chose in store pick up. Will they make me activate it? Id rather set it up first and then activate it when i want.

1naturalace

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone's status been changed to "Preparing"? It seems strange that here we are 3 days out and we're all still "Processing". Starting to think I should've chosen the in-store pick up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36