Best Buy Pre-Orders

cocob89

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Mine doesn't show a pickup date on the order status...? Any insight?

Try calling 1-888-BESTBUY (nightmare sometimes, but not all of the time). Depending on the live agent you get, they may be helpful enough to give you more than the generic order status.

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Been following this this thread this week and laughing at some of the grown up and anxious ones.

Ordered online 041017 for pick up Cedar Park Texas BB.
Samsung S8+
Orchid Gray
ATT paid full price
BB credit card charged tonight, showing processing with pick up date 042117.

Ian B

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to check your order status for a pre-order made in store for pickup? I have an order number and I received the $100 off coupon today but the order doesn't show on my account on best buy. Is there a way to look up an order by order number?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to check your order status for a pre-order made in store for pickup? I have an order number and I received the $100 off coupon today but the order doesn't show on my account on best buy. Is there a way to look up an order by order number?
You have to look under guest. Not under your best buy account. It should still say preparing though FYI.

adam29617

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
No change on shipping date of get it by 4/25 as of 6:05 am EST. Hopefully we'll all see movement today...������

EDIT: MINE HAS SHIPPED AT 10:27 ARRIVE TIME SAYS TOMORROW!

Last edited:

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Online order, delivered to my house has gone through as a charge and I received my device contract this morning via email. Still no tracking number though, and still reading arrive by the 25th. I was a day 1 pre-order too. Hope it really is a glitch like they have said.

mikes781

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Got the same update yesterday regarding the delivery date getting pushed backed to the 25th. Called the best buy automated system to check on the status and was able to get a tracking number. The number isn't showing up in ups yet but my guess it will sometime today. Ordered a few hours after release.

jfrancour

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Good morning, I'm new to this forum. Long story short I'm an iOS user for 9 years switching to a GS8+. I have used Android and tried a few different Galaxy S's in the past but ultimately went back to an iPhone. When I started looking at the GS8+ I immediately needed to get one.

OK anyway, on the the reason for posting. I preordered on 4/14 and have had no movement as of yet via BB's website, UPS My Choice and my credit card charge is still pending. I didn't expect to even look for any movement until I ran across a few forums like this one talking about how those of you are getting notifications about shipping and whatnot. In the past i've followed Apple forums that of course do the same thing. On launch days I've gone to work with no sign of getting my device that day and end up leaving work early cause it's sitting at UPS waiting for me. So I'm not expecting that this time, but not ruling it out either.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
others have got there phones and you know Best buy has them in store but it is a shame they will not release them so Friday is not like Black Friday in the store. We only have 1 store and it gets so busy in there even when new phones are not out. Why wait when they have them in store and other carriers have shipped and people have there's all over today. If not for the 100$ easy go with the carrier. I would not be mad but they have them in store as you Best Buy employees know they're just locked up

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
others have got ehre phones and you know Best buy has them in store but it is a shame they will not release them so Friday is not like Black Friday in the store. We only have 1 store and it gets so busy in there even when new phones are not out. Why wait when they have them in store and other carriers have shipped and people have there's all over today. If not for the 100$ easy go with the carrier. I would not be mad but they have them in store as you Best Buy employees know they're just locked up

It's Samsung's call on that. Breaking street date can cause fines and loss of the ability to sell a companys products.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea, all that Best Buy can do is go back to Samsung and ask to release early based on the fact that carriers are delivering phones today. They can make a case that they will loose business next time if they don't let them release, etc.

We will have to wait and see :)