I am currently using Google apps and I have never had a Samsung phone before.

I was wondering what you will use. If they are good enough I was thinking using Samsung ones to test Bixby full potential.
    04-15-2017 06:05 AM
    Samsung calendar is pretty good, syncs almost instantly with Google calendar. The only reason I use Google calendar because it's easy to set reminders within. Samsung notes is good as well.
    04-15-2017 06:13 AM
    Thanks and what about the email compared with Gmail/Inbox app?

I am also interested in knowing how battery life compares.
    04-15-2017 06:17 AM
    TBH I use third party apps rather than either Google or manufacturer apps. There's always something that suits me a bit (or sometimes a lot) better, plus it means I don't lock myself into any manufacturer because I can use my preferred apps on any device.
    04-15-2017 06:40 AM
    Personally Google apps rock and I don't see using OEM apps which are duplicate Google apps. Once in a while there will be an OEM app which is better but I like using Google apps since I use multiple devices and like the consistency across them.
    04-15-2017 10:09 AM
    I was thinking using Samsung ones to test Bixby full potential.
    I was planning the same thing but with the Voice element of Bixby not being ready, It's looks like we'll have to wait a little.

Samsung calendar is pretty good, syncs almost instantly with Google calendar.
    I prefer it over google calendar mainly because I've been using it for so long.
    04-15-2017 11:48 AM
    I switched from samsung mail to TypeApp. Works pretty good with multiple emails.
    04-15-2017 12:02 PM
    I use both. Gmail for my personal account, & the Samsung email for work.
    04-15-2017 12:07 PM

I am also interested in knowing how battery life compares.
    Generally I use Google apps, on the off chance that I leave Samsung some day. But when it comes to email I use the Samsung app for a specific reason. I like to get work emails on my personal phone (I know this sounds crazy, but hear me out). Samsung lets me set up a Microsoft Exchange account, and it integrates with the Samsung calendar so that all my meetings show up on my phone too. However, I can set "work hours" so that I don't get any emails in the evening or on weekends. In theory I can do this with Gmail too, but for data security reasons I'm concerned about having my work emails accessed by a remote Google web client. With the Samsung app, the email client is entirely local, and my emails never get saved on a non-work remote server.

I also use the Samsung web browser. But honestly I have no justifiable reason to do this instead of using Chrome, and I think I'm just doing so out of habit. Starting next week when I get my S8+, I plan to force myself to start using Chrome (unless anyone here knows a good reason why I shouldn't).

All of this is based on my experience with the Galaxy S7 Edge. However I doubt our experience on the S8 will be any different.
    04-15-2017 10:50 PM
    I also use the Samsung web browser. But honestly I have no justifiable reason to do this instead of using Chrome, and I think I'm just doing so out of habit. Starting next week when I get my S8+, I plan to force myself to start using Chrome (unless anyone here knows a good reason why I shouldn't).

All of this is based on my experience with the Galaxy S7 Edge. However I doubt our experience on the S8 will be any different.
    One of the reasons I like to use the Samsung browser is the ability to enter website passwords with my fingerprint.
    I also like to be able to immediately go to the top of the page just by tapping on the arrow at the bottom of the screen.

When I started using Samsung Internet, Chrome did not have these features. I don't know if Chrome has these features now or not.
    04-16-2017 07:04 AM
    I am currently using Google apps and I have never had a Samsung phone before.

I was wondering what you will use. If they are good enough I was thinking using Samsung ones to test Bixby full potential.
    I'm in the same boat. I've been an LG guy for some time, but it's time to move on. I'll be using Google apps though. Hell, I'm gonna disable most of Samsung's stuff just like I do with LG's apps anyway.
    04-16-2017 07:51 AM
    I personally like Samsung's browser, clock, calendar, and email apps better then Google. Haven't used Gmail for a while but didn't like how I couldn't select all and delete. Not sure if it changed. With Samsung email simple swipe left deletes​ and swipe right gives you multiple options.
    04-16-2017 08:08 AM
    One of the reasons I like to use the Samsung browser is the ability to enter website passwords with my fingerprint.
    I also like to be able to immediately go to the top of the page just by tapping on the arrow at the bottom of the screen.

When I started using Samsung Internet, Chrome did not have these features. I don't know if Chrome has these features now or not.
    Didn't know Chrome doesn't support Samsung Pass. That would be a problem for me too!
    LineKill likes this.
    04-16-2017 08:19 AM
    I use Chrome but only because I use it on my PC. I like the fact that my bookmarks—mobile & PC—are integrated. In addition, if I do a search on my phone and subsequently do it on my PC, or vice versa, Chrome remembers.
    04-16-2017 11:27 AM
    If Samsung email app would allow me to delete emails from the notification bar, I'd be using it. With the tons of emails I receive from both, my personal and office email accounts I need to be able to do so.

One thing I love about the default emails app is that if I'm at my car with Mazda Connect it can read my emails while I'm driving and I can reply and delete it with a single push of a button, also having the Gear S3 I was hoping to get this simple feature but Samsung just decided to not include it, so I'm basically stuck with Gmail for now.

When I'm back to a Samsung phone I basically use most of their apps, they work fine, latest one I switch back to was the keyboard, after using Swiftkey for a long time and Gboard lately. So now I'm using Samsung Pay in both phone ans Gear S3, browser, love the fingerprints for credentials, Calendar, I'm back to it since Nova added the Full month Widget back recently.
    04-16-2017 12:06 PM
    Regarding email, does stock has some sort of priority inbox as Google Inbox?
    04-16-2017 12:15 PM
    Regarding email, does stock has some sort of priority inbox as Google Inbox?
    As far as I remember, yes.
    04-16-2017 12:26 PM
    I would delete or disable all Samsung apps and all of the apps from their marketing partners.
    gendo667 and James E1 like this.
    04-16-2017 03:00 PM
    If Samsung email app would allow me to delete emails from the notification bar, I'd be using it. With the tons of emails I receive from both, my personal and office email accounts I need to be able to do so.
    Yes, they definitely need to implement this feature. At the very least, a "mark as read" option similar to the text message notifications would be good.
    gendo667 likes this.
    04-16-2017 03:18 PM
    This is gonna sound crazy, but the only Google app I use is YouTube and occasionally Google Maps. I hate Chrome on mobile, I don't use gmail other than as my Apple ID, and to back up contacts, I prefer Samsung's calendar to Google's, and I like Samsung's Notes app better than Keep. (Honestly neither beats Apple's Notes app though.) I use Alto for email mostly, but wouldn't have a problem using Samsung's mail app. Samsung's browser is honestly my favorite browser for Android. It's fast and allows ad blockers. The one thing I hate about getting a new Samsung phone is waiting for the keyboard to learn my typing style. I really like it once it does though. It just that it seems slower to learn the way I type than others I've tried.

I'm just hoping I like my S8+. I loved my Note 7, but hated the S7 Edge I temporarily replaced it with. Even after they updated to Grace UX, it just wasn't right to me for some reason. Those are the only 2 Samsung phones I've used though. Well not since feature phone days in the early 2000's.
    04-16-2017 04:33 PM
    What email app will allow you to delete from the notificaiton bar?
    04-17-2017 06:08 PM
    What email app will allow you to delete from the notificaiton bar?
    Gmail.
    Aquila likes this.
    04-17-2017 06:28 PM
    Gmail.
    I see where you can archive from the notification, how do you delete?
    04-17-2017 08:41 PM
    If you go to the app settings, in General Settings, Gmail default action change it to Delete, also while in there be sure that Swipe actions are checked so you can just swipe to delete.
    LineKill likes this.
    04-17-2017 08:45 PM
    If you go to the app settings, in General Settings, Gmail default action change it to Delete, also while in there be sure that Swipe actions are checked so you can just swipe to delete.
    Thank you very much! It would be nice if you could have the choice of either instead of one or the other. Like swipe one direction to delete and the other to archive. Both choices in the notification would be nice also.
    04-17-2017 08:52 PM