Im making the switch, I just have these questions.

anon(8702321)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Im finally making the switch to android with this phone. Im stuck wondering how well the iTunes app works on android? Are we finally able to save music directly to our phone?

Im also curious on battery life of these phones, Im using the 7 plus but hate the size, Is the battery the same on the s8 or would I be losing some power because I don't want the S8+.

Third concern is cases, Id want something super slim to show off the design of this phone. Do they make those cases for this phone?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the Android community. I can't speak on iTunes because I don't use it but as far as saving music to your phone, this can be done without 3rd party apps. Simply connect the phone to a computer and drag & drop to a folder on internal memory or external card. You could also load up on an sd card and then put the card in your phone.

I also have the iPhone 7 Plus and it has great battery life. The S8 being smaller than the S8+ will not last as long. The S8+ lasted about an hour less than the iPhone 7 Plus. Remember everyone has different usage patterns so battery life will vary.
Battery-Life-test-result.png

As far as cases go, there are thin cases for the S8 made by Spigen, Ringke, Olixar, Rzants, and Case-mate just to name a few. Hope this helps.

rgladman

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Personally I have used Spigen thin clear cases and they have worked well. The other brands mentioned by emsgm would also be good. Samsung is also bringing out a new protective cover in colors that match the phone. I am anxious to see one of them.

There are Android apps that will allow access iTunes, I have never used one though, so no recommendation.

Samsung has a very good process for transferring information from an iPhone, that includes you music on the phone. There is a special adapter in the box used for that process.

Good luck and enjoy the new phone.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Personally I have used Spigen thin clear cases and they have worked well. The other brands mentioned by emsgm would also be good. Samsung is also bringing out a new protective cover in colors that match the phone. I am anxious to see one of them.

There are Android apps that will allow access iTunes, I have never used one though, so no recommendation.

Samsung has a very good process for transferring information from an iPhone, that includes you music on the phone. There is a special adapter in the box used for that process.

Good luck and enjoy the new phone.
Good call. I forgot about Samsung cases. Apple music is the android version of iTunes. According to some it still needs some work.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend getting your music out of the iTunes jail. You can get them into unprotected mp3 files then just upload them from your PC or Mac to Google Music via a Google upload program on your computer. Then you can download any songs you like to your phone and play them via Google Play Music. One of the settings on GPM is to play only music downloaded to your phone. That way when you're commuting you won't be using data to play your music. If you subscribe to All Access on Google Play you can download any of the 40 million songs to your phone for offline playing.

Aside: Put in a micro-SD card and you can download a ton of songs. On a 256GB card you can get over 100,000 songs on it.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Im finally making the switch to android with this phone. Im stuck wondering how well the iTunes app works on android? Are we finally able to save music directly to our phone?

Im also curious on battery life of these phones, Im using the 7 plus but hate the size, Is the battery the same on the s8 or would I be losing some power because I don't want the S8+.

Third concern is cases, Id want something super slim to show off the design of this phone. Do they make those cases for this phone?

Here is a great video explaining most if not everything you need to know, on how to Switch to Android from iOS. He even tells you how to get your music from iTunes to Google Play Music. I hope this helps! :)
-
https://youtu.be/XMe6L04SHgo

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend getting your music out of the iTunes jail. You can get them into unprotected mp3 files then just upload them from your PC or Mac to Google Music via a Google upload program on your computer. Then you can download any songs you like to your phone and play them via Google Play Music. One of the settings on GPM is to play only music downloaded to your phone. That way when you're commuting you won't be using data to play your music. If you subscribe to All Access on Google Play you can download any of the 40 million songs to your phone for offline playing.

Aside: Put in a micro-SD card and you can download a ton of songs. On a 256GB card you can get over 100,000 songs on it.

This is one of my biggest gripes with Apple. Why all the restriction? There is WAY too much IMO!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois