Sams Club Pre-Order

QSZ06

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone pre order from Sams Club? I did. There is not tracking info, just an email saying an associate will contact me when its there.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Damn, not cool. Thanks for letting me know their process....or lack there of...
No problem. This late in the game I would go with your carrier if you want the phone this week, if that isn't important then go with BestBuy you get $100 off immediately. Best buy is hit and miss, or stay with Sam's I don't know why they never contacted me, probably by the time they were getting to my name the recall situation was coming up.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
For the S7e and Note 7 I reserved at Sams club as a backup since they don't require any type of deposit or use your upgrade to hold. Both times they called me on release day letting me know it was available for pickup. Never followed through because my first options came through. So in my experience they at least had it available on launch and was ready to sell me one. I have also done the same thing this time in having them as a backup.

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My confirmation email just said that it was reserved and that I can pick it up on April 21st between 10am and 8pm at the club I have it reserved at.

QSZ06

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My confirmation email just said that it was reserved and that I can pick it up on April 21st between 10am and 8pm at the club I have it reserved at.

Seems as if your confirmation email was a bit more detailed than mine. All mine says is that a Sams Club associate will contact me "should the S8+ become available at the club"

Mine is a waitlist confirmation that is also good for collecting my $150 gift card per S8/+ ordered.

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Seems as if your confirmation email was a bit more detailed than mine. All mine says is that a Sams Club associate will contact me "should the S8+ become available at the club"

Mine is a waitlist confirmation that is also good for collecting my $150 gift card per S8/+ ordered.

That sounds to me like their allocation of the S8+ are all spoken for and you've been put on a waiting list.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
That is definitely not cool!

That really depends on when he pre-ordered the phone...if he did it when the pre-ordering was first available then yes...if he did after their allotment of Day 1 phones was spoken for, then how can you blame Sam's for that?

QSZ06

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
That really depends on when he pre-ordered the phone...if he did it when the pre-ordering was first available then yes...if he did after their allotment of Day 1 phones was spoken for, then how can you blame Sam's for that?

I'm not necessarily "blaming Sam's" for anything, just trying to understand the meaning behind my preorder email as compared to the emails others received.
On the other hand, now that you mention it, every deal has a deadline (VR, no upgrade fee and $150 gift card) , and if Sam's cannot ensure delivery of the preordered phone prior to those deadlines why would the continue to allow preorders and respond with a "waitlist" email that says the email is required for getting the deals?
This is the first time I have ever preordered a phone. Just trying to learn a bit here.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I would have to agree that anyone that got the above referenced email was placed on a wait list (if any day 1 devices become available the local Sams club will call names on the list for that location) otherwise I would expect them to call names on the list as phones become available at your Sams (I don't know if you would still get the $150.00 card or not tho) This is based on a conversation I had with a rep at my local Sams last week and getting the same email my self.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

FSUactuary

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Anyone pre order from Sams Club? I did. There is not tracking info, just an email saying an associate will contact me when its there.

FYI, a Sam's Club rep called me today and said I can come pick my phone up in the morning! If you pre-ordered from here, I'd definitely give them a call.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update! Enjoy your new phone...tomorrow morning! !!

I posted in a different thread yesterday about Sams. But our location told me they would start calling tomorrow to make appt's for people to come get their phones as someone else mentioned above. They were just waiting to make sure they received their shipments today.

Also got the waiting list thing for the S8+. So went right back in & reserved a S8. Tho went in the store yesterday to tell them that would rather wait past the first day to get the S8+.

QSZ06

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
FYI, a Sam's Club rep called me today and said I can come pick my phone up in the morning! If you pre-ordered from here, I'd definitely give them a call.

Called local Sams per your recommendation. They got a shipment of Sprint phones today...good news since I am with Sprint. I asked about my "waitlist" status. The lady saw that I had an Artic Silver S8+ preordered and she said she had one that was not reserved for anyone. Good news for me...made an appointment for tomorrow. Bad news for the wife, there were no S8+'s in the Orchid Grey flavor. The lady said every single Orchid Grey preorder at this particular Sams was wait listed, must be a popular color.

FSUactuary

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Called local Sams per your recommendation. They got a shipment of Sprint phones today...good news since I am with Sprint. I asked about my "waitlist" status. The lady saw that I had an Artic Silver S8+ preordered and she said she had one that was not reserved for anyone. Good news for me...made an appointment for tomorrow. Bad news for the wife, there were no S8+'s in the Orchid Grey flavor. The lady said every single Orchid Grey preorder at this particular Sams was wait listed, must be a popular color.

Wow. I'm hoping that they still honor the free activation tomorrow, since the site said 21st thru 23rd.

bcooln09

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
do you guy know if we can do a trade-in in samsclub. because verizon offer trade in, i don't know if i can get 150$ promotion and trade in value? thanks