04-28-2017 10:33 AM
38 12
tools
    Anyone pre order from Sams Club? I did. There is not tracking info, just an email saying an associate will contact me when its there.
    04-16-2017 05:57 PM
    Anyone pre order from Sams Club? I did. There is not tracking info, just an email saying an associate will contact me when its there.
    Your just on a list there, when they have one available they will contact you. I did that with the note 7, never heard from them.
    04-16-2017 06:19 PM
    Your just on a list there, when they have one available they will contact you. I did that with the note 7, never heard from them.
    Damn, not cool. Thanks for letting me know their process....or lack there of...
    04-17-2017 06:35 AM
    Damn, not cool. Thanks for letting me know their process....or lack there of...
    No problem. This late in the game I would go with your carrier if you want the phone this week, if that isn't important then go with BestBuy you get $100 off immediately. Best buy is hit and miss, or stay with Sam's I don't know why they never contacted me, probably by the time they were getting to my name the recall situation was coming up.
    QSZ06 likes this.
    04-17-2017 06:54 AM
    For the S7e and Note 7 I reserved at Sams club as a backup since they don't require any type of deposit or use your upgrade to hold. Both times they called me on release day letting me know it was available for pickup. Never followed through because my first options came through. So in my experience they at least had it available on launch and was ready to sell me one. I have also done the same thing this time in having them as a backup.
    04-17-2017 08:15 AM
    My confirmation email just said that it was reserved and that I can pick it up on April 21st between 10am and 8pm at the club I have it reserved at.
    04-17-2017 10:55 PM
    My confirmation email just said that it was reserved and that I can pick it up on April 21st between 10am and 8pm at the club I have it reserved at.
    Seems as if your confirmation email was a bit more detailed than mine. All mine says is that a Sams Club associate will contact me "should the S8+ become available at the club"

Mine is a waitlist confirmation that is also good for collecting my $150 gift card per S8/+ ordered.
    04-18-2017 09:36 AM
    Seems as if your confirmation email was a bit more detailed than mine. All mine says is that a Sams Club associate will contact me "should the S8+ become available at the club"

Mine is a waitlist confirmation that is also good for collecting my $150 gift card per S8/+ ordered.
    That sounds to me like their allocation of the S8+ are all spoken for and you've been put on a waiting list.
    04-18-2017 09:56 AM
    That sounds to me like their allocation of the S8+ are all spoken for and you've been put on a waiting list.
    That is definitely not cool!
    04-18-2017 12:58 PM
    That is definitely not cool!
    That really depends on when he pre-ordered the phone...if he did it when the pre-ordering was first available then yes...if he did after their allotment of Day 1 phones was spoken for, then how can you blame Sam's for that?
    04-18-2017 09:23 PM
    That really depends on when he pre-ordered the phone...if he did it when the pre-ordering was first available then yes...if he did after their allotment of Day 1 phones was spoken for, then how can you blame Sam's for that?
    I'm not necessarily "blaming Sam's" for anything, just trying to understand the meaning behind my preorder email as compared to the emails others received.
    On the other hand, now that you mention it, every deal has a deadline (VR, no upgrade fee and $150 gift card) , and if Sam's cannot ensure delivery of the preordered phone prior to those deadlines why would the continue to allow preorders and respond with a "waitlist" email that says the email is required for getting the deals?
    This is the first time I have ever preordered a phone. Just trying to learn a bit here.
    04-19-2017 06:30 AM
    I would have to agree that anyone that got the above referenced email was placed on a wait list (if any day 1 devices become available the local Sams club will call names on the list for that location) otherwise I would expect them to call names on the list as phones become available at your Sams (I don't know if you would still get the $150.00 card or not tho) This is based on a conversation I had with a rep at my local Sams last week and getting the same email my self.

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    04-19-2017 10:49 AM
    FYI, a Sam's Club rep called me today and said I can come pick my phone up in the morning! If you pre-ordered from here, I'd definitely give them a call.
    Denisej likes this.
    04-19-2017 05:07 PM
    FYI, a Sam's Club rep called me today and said I can come pick my phone up in the morning! If you pre-ordered from here, I'd definitely give them a call.
    Thanks for the update! Enjoy your new phone...tomorrow morning! !!
    04-19-2017 05:40 PM
    Thanks for the update! Enjoy your new phone...tomorrow morning! !!
    I posted in a different thread yesterday about Sams. But our location told me they would start calling tomorrow to make appt's for people to come get their phones as someone else mentioned above. They were just waiting to make sure they received their shipments today.

Also got the waiting list thing for the S8+. So went right back in & reserved a S8. Tho went in the store yesterday to tell them that would rather wait past the first day to get the S8+.
    04-19-2017 06:06 PM
    Called local Sams per your recommendation. They got a shipment of Sprint phones today...good news since I am with Sprint. I asked about my "waitlist" status. The lady saw that I had an Artic Silver S8+ preordered and she said she had one that was not reserved for anyone. Good news for me...made an appointment for tomorrow. Bad news for the wife, there were no S8+'s in the Orchid Grey flavor. The lady said every single Orchid Grey preorder at this particular Sams was wait listed, must be a popular color.
    04-19-2017 06:29 PM
    are you guys picking up your phones from Sam's tomorrow (THU 4/20)? or FRI 4/21?
    04-19-2017 06:50 PM
    are you guys picking up your phones from Sam's tomorrow (THU 4/20)? or FRI 4/21?
    According to the associate I spoke to, I can pick mine up tomorrow at my appointment time - Thursday, 20 April
    04-19-2017 07:09 PM
    Called local Sams per your recommendation. They got a shipment of Sprint phones today...good news since I am with Sprint. I asked about my "waitlist" status. The lady saw that I had an Artic Silver S8+ preordered and she said she had one that was not reserved for anyone. Good news for me...made an appointment for tomorrow. Bad news for the wife, there were no S8+'s in the Orchid Grey flavor. The lady said every single Orchid Grey preorder at this particular Sams was wait listed, must be a popular color.
    Wow. I'm hoping that they still honor the free activation tomorrow, since the site said 21st thru 23rd.
    04-19-2017 07:11 PM
    do you guy know if we can do a trade-in in samsclub. because verizon offer trade in, i don't know if i can get 150$ promotion and trade in value? thanks
    04-19-2017 07:54 PM
    I'm really disappointed in how Sam's Club did pre-orders for this phone. They made it seem if you Pre-ordered by the 12th you get the s8 on time. I Pre-ordered on the 7th and I'm on the waiting list.
    04-20-2017 12:30 AM
    do you guy know if we can do a trade-in in samsclub. because verizon offer trade in, i don't know if i can get 150$ promotion and trade in value? thanks
    Very much doubting that Sams will do trade ins. Sell your old device on your own if possible.
    04-20-2017 02:40 AM
    I'm really disappointed in how Sam's Club did pre-orders for this phone. They made it seem if you Pre-ordered by the 12th you get the s8 on time. I Pre-ordered on the 7th and I'm on the waiting list.
    Pre-ordering started on March 30th. You waited over a week after it started...Sam's probably doesn't get the same amount of phones as Best Buy or the carrier stores (at least the bigger ones)....How did they make it seem you would get it on launch day if you ordered by the 12th?
    04-20-2017 05:41 AM
    Wow. I'm hoping that they still honor the free activation tomorrow, since the site said 21st thru 23rd.
    Excellent point and great question. I will find out today I guess
    04-20-2017 06:16 AM
    I re-read my waitlist email and it says nothing about a start date for the waiver of the activation fee, only that the offer expires 23 April.
    04-20-2017 07:55 AM
38 12