So thought I should stop at my local BB today, just to make certain I wasn't going to regret plunking down some major $$$ for the S8+. Glad I did, because as far as handling and looks go, it alleviated all my concerns - and the Orchid Gray looked great in person too.

All the hubbub about the fingerprint sensor seems silly, as my hand (right-handed) and index finger fell right into place. I've been using larger phones for a bit (Pixel XL, Moto Z Force, iPhone 7 Plus), so maybe if you're coming from a smaller phone, it'll seem weird, but it couldn't have been a bigger non-issue. As for the Orchid Gray, it is NOT a garish purple, for anybody concerned about that, as I was. In fact, it didn't look very purple at all in the BB light. Seems like a bit of a chameleon, changing color depending on light. Pretty cool.

Now I'm hoping Samsung doesn't **** me off with below average battery life and sluggishness, like happened with the S7 Edge models I tried last year.

Looking forward to giving it a go. Who knows, maybe I'll like it enough to keep the same phone for more than a few months. Yeah, right.
    04-17-2017 02:14 PM
    Awesome. I hope it works out for you!
    sangs likes this.
    04-17-2017 02:25 PM
    Awesome. I hope it works out for you!
    Thanks man!
    04-17-2017 02:32 PM
    I have a question how does it feel in your pocket? Do you find it at all awkward especially when sitting down?
    04-17-2017 02:47 PM
    Multiple threads on the same topic
    04-17-2017 03:54 PM
    Now I'm hoping Samsung doesn't **** me off with below average battery life and sluggishness, like happened with the S7 Edge models I tried last year.
    Ha! SO true! Gave up my S7 Edge for an iPhone 7 within a few months due to massive standby battery drain and noticeable lag and never looked back. My iPhone 7 has phenomenal battery life and amazing responsiveness but I miss the flexibility/customization of Android.

Have an S8+ on pre-order. If this one doesn't work out for me, I think I'll be done with Samsung's for good so I'm REALLY hoping they finally got it right this time after spending nearly a grand on this beast!
    04-17-2017 11:24 PM
    I have a question how does it feel in your pocket? Do you find it at all awkward especially when sitting down?
    Didn't try the pocket, since BB has big security sensors stuck to the back-middle of the phones. Sorry.
    04-18-2017 07:01 AM
    Multiple threads on the same topic
    Yeah, that never happens on internet forums. First time ever.
    04-18-2017 07:02 AM
    Yeah, that never happens on internet forums. First time ever.
    So that makes it OK? Lol
    04-18-2017 07:49 AM
    So that makes it OK? Lol
    Maybe. There are at least 3 threads on the new aspect ratio, and how much people hate Bixby without even using it yet. lol
    sangs and bassplayrguy like this.
    04-18-2017 08:21 AM
    Hey guys. Let's keep the thread on topic please. If you don't like a post, please behave like an adult and simply scroll past. If you feel a post violates forum rules, please report it so the mod team can take a look. Thanks!
    04-18-2017 09:19 AM
    So thought I should stop at my local BB today, just to make certain I wasn't going to regret plunking down some major $$$ for the S8+. Glad I did, because as far as handling and looks go, it alleviated all my concerns
    Firstly, Congratulations on your new Galaxy S8+. This is one of the reasons i never purchase a device before i have held in my hands. We read some things online that make us worried about certain features, weight or size and then we start to doubt out purchase. So i think it's important to hold it in your hand and then make the call

Samsung doesn't [annoy] me off with below average battery life and sluggishness, like happened with the S7 Edge models I tried last year.
    Ive seen some great reviews about its battery life. Around the 6+ SOT Im personally very impressed with that. That was also done with the screen brightness on high. So, if you drop that to below half, who know what numbers you could potentially hit.
    sangs and EMGSM like this.
    04-18-2017 12:03 PM
    People have been asking me that my whole life.
    04-18-2017 04:18 PM
    Didn't try the pocket, since BB has big security sensors stuck to the back-middle of the phones. Sorry.
    so you just held it backwards to get the feel in hand?
    04-18-2017 05:22 PM
    so you just held it backwards to get the feel in hand?
    Yes and no. Was pretty easy to simulate the way I hold my phones when I'm using them for anything other than a call, even with the security device.
    04-18-2017 05:37 PM
    So thought I should stop at my local BB today, just to make certain I wasn't going to regret plunking down some major $$$ for the S8+. Glad I did, because as far as handling and looks go, it alleviated all my concerns - and the Orchid Gray looked great in person too.

All the hubbub about the fingerprint sensor seems silly, as my hand (right-handed) and index finger fell right into place. I've been using larger phones for a bit (Pixel XL, Moto Z Force, iPhone 7 Plus), so maybe if you're coming from a smaller phone, it'll seem weird, but it couldn't have been a bigger non-issue. As for the Orchid Gray, it is NOT a garish purple, for anybody concerned about that, as I was. In fact, it didn't look very purple at all in the BB light. Seems like a bit of a chameleon, changing color depending on light. Pretty cool.

Looking forward to giving it a go. Who knows, maybe I'll like it enough to keep the same phone for more than a few months. Yeah, right.
    I played with one at Best Buy yesterday and the FPS is in a terrible location.

Just because it's a non-issue for you doesn't mean it's not a non-issue for others.
    04-18-2017 07:22 PM

Just because it's a non-issue for you doesn't mean it's not a non-issue for others.
    Why should he care either way?
    T48 and sangs like this.
    04-18-2017 07:52 PM
    Coming from a larger phone or about the same i couldn't imagine there being any noticeable difference. My note 5 is almost identical in size.
    04-18-2017 08:20 PM
    Why should he care either way?
    People mention their opinions and assume everyone else shares the exact same opinion. There's 7 billion+ people on this planet with 7 billion+ different opinions. No one opinion is more valid than the other.

By the way, those who disagree can also feel free to post their opinions.
    04-18-2017 09:53 PM
    People mention their opinions and assume everyone else shares the exact same opinion. There's 7 billion+ people on this planet with 7 billion+ different opinions. No one opinion is more valid than the other.

By the way, those who disagree can also feel free to post their opinions.
    Don't disagree there. But ultimately purchasing a new device is a personal and subjective thing. In a public forum, sure opinions are heightened because everyone wants to be right.

But as I sit here unboxing my S8, all that nonsense drops away...
    04-18-2017 10:11 PM
    People have been asking me that my whole life.
    Dude just got to say your username rocks. Farscape and Battlestar Galactica (which I'm rewatching right now) are two of the best sci-fi shows ever.
    frellingfrakker likes this.
    04-19-2017 12:00 AM
    does it use type c connector? is charging and data transfer like 5Gbps?
    04-19-2017 03:44 AM

You feel better now?
    04-19-2017 07:32 AM