04-18-2017 06:17 PM
60 123
tools
    Got my S8 yesterday and am playing with it non stop. Happy to answer any questions.
    Congratulations on your new purchase! Hope it brings nothing but joy for the next few months / years. Wish i had one of my own. One question i do have for you is, have you left the screen resolution at the stock FHD+ or have you bumped it up to the QHD+ resolution that Samsung advertises?

Just for fun, i would drop it down to the HD+ (720p) just to see how the battery life does. Should be fantastic!
    04-18-2017 10:46 AM
    @ajaffarali,
    i know its still very early days, but do you have any regrets switching from the iPhone?
    Would you consider switching back is Apple released a curved display with much smiler bezels?

I see you are being a champ answering all the questions so quickly! Thanks for taking the time to read everyones questions.
    04-18-2017 10:57 AM
    I'm actually quite impressed with that. In my hands it has barely ever registered a false tap. However, when I have passed the device to colleagues, in that process, I have noticed things accidentally going off.

Also, just recieved a software update this morning. Lets see if that fixes that:
    Galaxy S8 gets its first software update | Tbreak
    Thanks for the info.
    04-18-2017 11:51 AM
    Oooh boy, if they really deactivated voice activation for Google Assistant, I'll cancel my pre-order. Can anyone confirm this?
    Scratch that- a restart fixed it. Although you can't have it listen when the screen is off.
    04-18-2017 12:32 PM
    Congratulations on your new purchase! Hope it brings nothing but joy for the next few months / years. Wish i had one of my own. One question i do have for you is, have you left the screen resolution at the stock FHD+ or have you bumped it up to the QHD+ resolution that Samsung advertises?

Just for fun, i would drop it down to the HD+ (720p) just to see how the battery life does. Should be fantastic!
    I bumped up the res to QHD+ and I think it makes a difference in the clarity of text. Still settling into battery life so will experiment going doing at some time
    04-18-2017 12:34 PM
    @ajaffarali,
    i know its still very early days, but do you have any regrets switching from the iPhone?
    Would you consider switching back is Apple released a curved display with much smiler bezels?

I see you are being a champ answering all the questions so quickly! Thanks for taking the time to read everyones questions.
    I still believe that the overall quality of apps on the iPhone is better. So if Apple can beat Samsnug's design and features then yes, I would consider switching back.
    04-18-2017 12:36 PM
    I heard T-Mobile was shipping them out early
    Not in my case. Got a "Shipped" email on the 13th. Today it's still on standby at UPS. I'm thinking the 20th.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    04-18-2017 01:24 PM
    I still believe that the overall quality of apps on the iPhone is better. So if Apple can beat Samsnug's design and features then yes, I would consider switching back.
    I made the switch last fall from iOS to android with the note 7, i kept the note 7 until the end of january and then switched back to iOS (my old 5s) while waiting on the S8.

I think i prefer the Android version of most apps i have tried.
    04-18-2017 01:32 PM
    AT&T gave me a tracking# with a Wednesday delivery.
    04-18-2017 02:52 PM
    I agree. They will either hopefully have the technology to read fingerprints under screen ready by then or they'll move it.
    I hope so too.
    04-18-2017 06:17 PM
60 123