Quit crying about Bixby

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Stop complaining about something you haven't even used yet. Or better yet, if it is a big deal, go buy something else. Noone is forcing you to use or buy it. It is not about options either or ppl would be raging about not remapping the power button too. Leys grow up and stop being so negative. This is a great phone!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking forward to Bixby. Remember all the moaning about the glass back Note 7 being nothing more than an S7 Edge with an S-pen? Fast forward 3 months and you can't even force them to give up the phone even though it's potentially dangerous.

It's what Samsung fans/haters do, they complain.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Stop complaining about something you haven't even used yet. Or better yet, if it is a big deal, go buy something else. Noone is forcing you to use or buy it. It is not about options either or ppl would be raging about not remapping the power button too. Leys grow up and stop being so negative. This is a great phone!

I don't see being negative as crying.. I see it as adults voicing their opinions on a subject.. you know.. the point of a discussion forum? ;)

These type of threads breed more negativity than the ones where people are discussing the topic with their opinions on the matter.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't see being negative as crying.. I see it as adults voicing their opinions on a subject.. you know.. the point of a discussion forum? ;)

Nothing wrong with opinions. But the OP has a good point. Raise your hand if you've actually tried it...

Sure, I had opinions about Google Assistant, but until I used it, I was ranting about something I hadn't used.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nothing wrong with opinions. But the OP has a good point. Raise your hand if you've actually tried it...
And how many of us give opinions on phones all the time before we have ever touched them? From design, to functions,etc.. yeah your point doesn't really make much sense.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
And how many of us give opinions on phones all the time before we have ever touched them? From design, to functions,etc.. yeah your point doesn't really make much sense.

You're missing the point. Opinions and knee jerk ******** are two different things... If you haven't used it.

Absolutely people moan about phones they haven't used... Doesn't make it intelligent discussion

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You're missing the point. Opinions and ******** are two different things... If you haven't used it.

Absolutely people moan about phones they haven't used... Doesn't make it intelligent discussion
Sorry I disagree. Just because people may not like it doesn't mean their opinion is any less valid then yours or mine.. so they're welcome to share and discuss it. If you don't like the discussion simply don't go to that thread. If you do go and they're doing something that needs attention then report it.. but to shun them and tell them they can't talk about something because it doesn't fit what you want?

Sorry..No.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Here's the thing.

Is Bixby even that good to warrant its own dedicated button (that's now unmappable)?

Google Assistant is nice but I only use it to check the weather and create reminders. I haven't really fluffed much with AI-based assistants because they all have a ways to go before I find them truly useful without feeling awkward while using them. From what I've seen with Bixby, it doesn't seem to have that one killer feature that would make me go "Yes, I want this!". Maybe that might change when I give it a go, but as it stands right now, I'm not entirely convinced that Bixby is worth having its own dedicated button.

That's just my own 2 cents, though.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I disagree. Just because people may not like it doesn't mean their opinion is any less valid then yours or mine.. so they're welcome to share and discuss it. If you don't like the discussion simply don't go to that thread. If you do go and they're doing something that needs attention then report it.. but to shun them and tell them they can't talk about something because it doesn't fit what you want?

Sorry..No.

That's exactly what I'm saying to you.
Works both ways. The OP is also entitled to his thoughts on the matter.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Here's the thing.

Is Bixby even that good to warrant its own dedicated button (that's now unmappable)?

Google Assistant is nice but I only use it to check the weather and create reminders. I haven't really fluffed much with AI-based assistants because they all have a ways to go before I find them truly useful without feeling awkward while using them. From what I've seen with Bixby, it doesn't seem to have that one killer feature that would make me go "Yes, I want this!". Maybe that might change when I give it a go, but as it stands right now, I'm not entirely convinced that Bixby is worth having its own dedicated button.

That's just my own 2 cents, though.

That's all I'm saying. Bixby will be something some will love, others will ignore. There is no right or wrong. And each side should be heard. Perhaps the OP should have headed his post differently.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That's all in saying. Bixby will be something some will love, others will ignore. There is no right or wrong.
Honestly, I think Samsung should have natively added an option to allow users to remap the Bixby button to whatever they wish, just like the Active Key on the Galaxy S Actives.

Not everyone is going to use Bixby, so allowing those people to remap the button to do whatever they wish seems logical. Removing the option just makes that button a bit of a dead weight to those folks.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I think Samsung should have natively added an option to allow users to remap the Bixby button to whatever they wish, just like the Active Key on the Galaxy S Actives.

Not everyone is going to use Bixby, so allowing those people to remap the button to do whatever they wish seems logical. Removing the option just makes that button a bit of a dead weight to those folks.

I don't disagree. I think they're putting a lot of work and money into Bixby and perhaps got a little over excited about its use. The button was not necessary, but I think pushing themselves into AI territory was. Unlike others I don't think Samsung should just sit back and except everything Google because it's Google. What if they can push things further? I certainly have no problem with that.

If it sucks, well that's too bad, but I don't ever want companies to be afraid of giving us innovation.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't disagree. I think they're putting a lot of work and money into Bixby and perhaps got a little over excited about its use. The button was not necessary, but I think pushing themselves into AI territory was. Unlike others I don't think Samsung should just sit back and except everything Google because it's Google. What if they can push things further? I certainly have no problem with that.
Samsung does have its own reasons for developing Bixby. After all, they are pushing their own ecosystem with their smart appliances and accessories.

I just feel that there still should be the choice for those who either want to use Bixby or maybe want that button to do something else. I'm sure Bixby will at least be better than S Voice, however.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's all I'm saying. Bixby will be something some will love, others will ignore. There is no right or wrong. And each side should be heard. Perhaps the OP should have headed his post differently.
And I agree. There was plenty of people who hated Google Assistant in the Pixel forums before ever trying it.. people form their opinions with what they think it'll be. I didn't shun them for it or say they can't discuss it just because I happened to want said feature.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
And I agree. There was plenty of people who hated Google Assistant in the Pixel forums before ever trying it.. people form their opinions with what they think it'll be. I didn't shun them for it or say they can't discuss it just because I happened to want said feature.

No.. I don't think people should be shunned for their options. But my point was, what if it actually works? What if it's another Samsung Pay, and you've downed it before even trying it?

Once the phone is out and it's clear it's a failure, I'll be the first to admit it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This could all be solved by: don't buy the S8 if you're complaining about Bixby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20