This might be a dumb question, but how do I get the 99 dollar premium bundle with my preorder? I preordered with TMobile but didn't see anywhere to add it. I'm assuming I choose it when I go to Samsung promotion website and claim the gear VR but the way it's worded in TMobile site makes me think I should have chose it during preorder? I just want to make sure I didn't screw something up...
    04-17-2017 09:49 PM
    I believe it's an option on the Samsung promotion website when you claim the gear VR, like you said? That's how I interpreted it on the website! Not sure if T-Mobile is running things differently but I would assume not.
    04-17-2017 09:55 PM
    With the gear VR promo
    04-17-2017 09:55 PM
    Ok...I plan to claim the stuff immediately after getting my phone. Fine print says limited quantities. I don't want to miss out.
    04-17-2017 10:15 PM
    I will do it immediately as well, but I'm not too worried about it. I already have 2 gear VR's from previous promotions. And while supplies are limited, I think that is just boilerplate language. I don't think they have run out of them before, and I don't think they will now.
    04-17-2017 10:37 PM
    You'll have to wait until the 21st.
    04-18-2017 01:59 AM
    You have to buy on Samsung.com
    04-18-2017 05:18 PM
    You have to buy on Samsung.com
    Do you mean you have to buy the S8 from Samsung, or just that you have to go to Samsung's website to redeem the offer after you get your phone?
    04-18-2017 07:06 PM
    Do you mean you have to buy the S8 from Samsung, or just that you have to go to Samsung's website to redeem the offer after you get your phone?
    I was told at ATT you that you have to go to samsung website to get these promos but it doesn't matter where you bought the phone.
    karmamule likes this.
    04-18-2017 07:09 PM
    I was told at ATT you that you have to go to samsung website to get these promos but it doesn't matter where you bought the phone.
    That is what I was assuming too, but thanks for passing along that confirmation you got!
    04-18-2017 07:11 PM
    That is what I was assuming too, but thanks for passing along that confirmation you got!
    Best place is in Shop Samsung app. Open Samsung Pay and you'll have a link on the bundles.
    04-19-2017 06:30 PM
    Best place is in Shop Samsung app. Open Samsung Pay and you'll have a link on the bundles.
    This is what I did and it was quick and simple. Uploaded my lease agreement got an email with a link and purchased the bundle. I got the confirmation email now I wait for the shipping email.
    04-19-2017 07:18 PM
    This is what I did and it was quick and simple. Uploaded my lease agreement got an email with a link and purchased the bundle. I got the confirmation email now I wait for the shipping email.
    I got no email to purchase the bundle. Nothing in Samsung Pay either.
    04-19-2017 07:28 PM
    I got no email to purchase the bundle. Nothing in Samsung Pay either.
    Me either. It took the info and I can see that the phone is registered in my Samsung account online but no email. Tried re-entering on the PC link and it kicked it out, probably because the address is already registered. Guess it's wait and see. No one runs promos worse than Samsung.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-19-2017 07:33 PM
    I didn't have the app. Uploaded wrong thing for receipt b/c I was told by Tmobile when I preordered on the 30th that I would have to take a pic of the side of the box. I got a rejection email and had to follow a link to upload my EIP. I selected the $99 bundle when registering the claim on the web since I didn't have the app. I now have the app but it's too late. I'm on hold with Samsung now because Its been hours since I resubmitted and I'm trying to get an update. The app says product is Gear VR with controller, and not the $99 bundle. But I'm wondering if that's just the default thing that shows up on everyone's. I'm 100% positive that I selected the $99 option and I'm just a little worried.
    04-19-2017 08:52 PM
    Me either. It took the info and I can see that the phone is registered in my Samsung account online but no email. Tried re-entering on the PC link and it kicked it out, probably because the address is already registered. Guess it's wait and see. No one runs promos worse than Samsung.
    Did You register for the promo or just register your phone itself on the app?
    04-19-2017 09:11 PM
    I filed through the Samsung Shop app, Checked the box for the $99. bundle.
    The app says that I've been approved for the Free Gear VR but no email or anyway to pay for the $99. bundle.

Been on hold for 2 hours with Samsung and nobody will come on the phone.
    04-19-2017 09:18 PM
    I filed through the Samsung Shop app, Checked the box for the $99. bundle.
    The app says that I've been approved for the Free Gear VR but no email or anyway to pay for the $99. bundle.

Been on hold for 2 hours with Samsung and nobody will come on the phone.
    Yes, I have the same experience. Except I gave up after 10 minutes on hold.

How do I pay the $99 for the extra bundle? Also, does anyone know if I can use the samsung rewards points to pay for it? If yes, how and how much is a point worth?

Thanks,
    Osho
    04-19-2017 09:21 PM
    Yes, I have the same experience. Except I gave up after 10 minutes on hold.

How do I pay the $99 for the extra bundle? Also, does anyone know if I can use the samsung rewards points to pay for it? If yes, how and how much is a point worth?

Thanks,
    Osho
    You have had to select the $99 bundle when registering the claim for the promo. When your claim has officially been approved you should recieve an email with a link to pay for the $99 bundle. I was in hold for 32 minutes with Samsung and the call went silent and disconnected. I'm now on hold again for 22 minutes. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to miss out on the $99 bundle.
    04-19-2017 09:31 PM
    After talking to customer service at Verizon and the sale person where I bought the S8 and then spending three hours on hold I was told over and over the premium is no longer available. I ordered the phone on the second day it was available, picked it up on the day of release and immediately tried to register online for the premium to find out they had none. Samsung knew full well how many units were pre-ordered. They should have put it out they the premium bundle was out long before relase. They didn't because they knew there would not be as many units sold. I am claiming false advertising. Plan to contact the BBB and return the phone. My S6 works fine.
    04-27-2017 11:30 PM
    After talking to customer service at Verizon and the sale person where I bought the S8 and then spending three hours on hold I was told over and over the premium is no longer available. I ordered the phone on the second day it was available, picked it up on the day of release and immediately tried to register online for the premium to find out they had none. Samsung knew full well how many units were pre-ordered. They should have put it out they the premium bundle was out long before relase. They didn't because they knew there would not be as many units sold. I am claiming false advertising. Plan to contact the BBB and return the phone. My S6 works fine.
    Of course they knew how many were pre-sold. What they didn't know was how many people would choose to register for the $99 bundle. That's why the put right on the promos that it was limited to the first 50,000 (they also put that the free VR was limited to the first 350,000).
    This wasn't "false advertising"
    Your claim with the BBB might make you feel better, but it will get you nowhere.
    Returning the phone, THAT might get you some traction.
    04-28-2017 09:18 AM