07-11-2017 01:20 PM
358 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I put my Costco membership card in the SPay app. Will Costco still accept it from my phone or do I still have to give them the physical card?
    I'm a member but haven't tried that, however they don't swipe the card on the payment terminal so that could create a problem, also wouldn't work for gas purchases
    05-18-2017 12:25 PM
    I have a confession to make.....

I recently went back to an iPhone 7 Plus because of all the great things I heard about Apple Pay and it literally lasted 2 hours lol.

I have never missed Samsung Pay ever! Samsung Pay absolutely blows AP out of the water. I was 0-3 using AP lol. No thanks.

I Have since returned the iPhone and am back on the S8+ and setting up my S7E as well. Samsung Pay FTW!!!!
    amyf27 likes this.
    05-24-2017 08:33 PM
    I put my Costco membership card in the SPay app. Will Costco still accept it from my phone or do I still have to give them the physical card?
    No. I tried and they said I still had to bring my physical card with me at all times. Boooo.

However, my ****' s Sporting Goods worked just fine from the phone.
    05-24-2017 08:35 PM
    Does Costco not have the Scan & Go app like Sams Club has? I thought they were going to do that as well.

No lines, no cashiers, no waiting at all. Sooooooo much nicer. Scan your items as you shop and when you're done click pay. Show your phone at the door and away you go.
    amyf27 and 11B1P like this.
    05-24-2017 08:39 PM

I recently went back to an iPhone 7 Plus because of all the great things I heard about Apple Pay and it literally lasted 2 hours lol.

I have never missed Samsung Pay ever! Samsung Pay absolutely blows AP out of the water. I was 0-3 using AP lol. No thanks.

I Have since returned the iPhone and am back on the S8+ and setting up my S7E as well. Samsung Pay FTW!!!!
    Its an addiction, the Samsung Pay.. lol. I've been thru the back and forth
    05-24-2017 08:57 PM
    Does Costco not have the Scan & Go app like Sams Club has? I thought they were going to do that as well.

No lines, no cashiers, no waiting at all. Sooooooo much nicer. Scan your items as you shop and when you're done click pay. Show your phone at the door and away you go.
    Lol I was just thinking about that. Isn't that scan and go great? And I show my sams card on the phone on the way in
    05-24-2017 09:02 PM
    Lol I was just thinking about that. Isn't that scan and go great? And I show my sams card on the phone on the way in
    Its amazing. I used to go in super early, since I have a business account, to avoid the lines but now I go in whenever and don't worry about it. The first time I used it I thought for sure security was going to stop me lol. The lady at the door grabbed her scanner and scanned my barcode on the phone and that was that.
    05-24-2017 09:04 PM
    I would love to use Samsung Pay on my watch but it's NOT AVAILABLE here in Australia on Visa yet.
    05-24-2017 09:13 PM
    I would love to use Samsung Pay on my watch but it's NOT AVAILABLE here in Australia on Visa yet.
    Bummer that's my favorite thing you don't even need your phone with you
    amyf27 likes this.
    05-24-2017 10:41 PM
    I'm kinda hesitant to buy a Gear S3 now. Kinda feels like an upgrade is just around the corner. The deals I've seen haven't been enticing enough to pull the trigger without having buyers remorse in a couple months.
    05-25-2017 07:47 AM
    I'm kinda hesitant to buy a Gear S3 now. Kinda feels like an upgrade is just around the corner. The deals I've seen haven't been enticing enough to pull the trigger without having buyers remorse in a couple months.
    That's what Swappa is for, just go there and see if there is a new one (or mint if you don't mind the little usage) available and if not subscribe to the item and every time there is a new listing you will know immediately. Great about Swappa (for buyers at least) is that sometimes you may get a great deal just by offer the seller a reasonable price.

I got my Wifi version, 2 months ago brand new sealed for $280 when it was $349 everywhere with some flash deals on Amazon and other online stores for $299.
    05-25-2017 08:11 AM
    I'm sorry to hear your troubles, but you are in the minority. It may be as simple as not holding your phone in the correct spot.
    Did you take a survey or something? Even if they're in the minority does that change the fact that for some users there are things for the program to work out?
    05-25-2017 11:22 AM

Interesting.
    05-25-2017 02:42 PM
    I've just switched to a S8 Plus, and was about to figure out Android Pay or Samsung Pay.

Well, Capital One doesn't support Samsung Pay. So, Android Pay it is. I hope is works well and at quite a few places like my Apple Pay did...
    05-25-2017 03:54 PM
    I've just switched to a S8 Plus, and was about to figure out Android Pay or Samsung Pay.

Well, Capital One doesn't support Samsung Pay. So, Android Pay it is. I hope is works well and at quite a few places like my Apple Pay did...
    I just used my capital one Quicksilver card with Samsung pay at the grocery store 15 minutes ago.

What version card do you have?
    afctee and amyf27 like this.
    05-25-2017 04:21 PM
    I just used my capital one Quicksilver card with Samsung pay at the grocery store 15 minutes ago.

Isn't that a Credit Card? I'm talking about the Capital One 360 debit card (MasterCard logo)...
    05-25-2017 04:24 PM
    Isn't that a Credit Card? I'm talking about the Capital One 360 debit card (MasterCard logo)...
    Yeah it's a credit card. I didn't see where you mentioned the debit card, sorry. I would have though any MasterCard logo card would have worked as credit.
    afctee likes this.
    05-25-2017 04:33 PM
    Did you take a survey or something? Even if they're in the minority does that change the fact that for some users there are things for the program to work out?
    If you'd been following the thread, you'd see that the majority of posters may see an error a time or two, but that the transaction does go through. Even I have trouble sometimes, but it comes down to how I hold the phone in relation to the reader.
    pinkivy98 likes this.
    05-25-2017 05:01 PM
    Yeah it's a credit card. I didn't see where you mentioned the debit card, sorry. I would have though any MasterCard logo card would have worked as credit.
    Sorry, I didn't mention it initially. Still weird it doesn't work. Albeit Chase took a while, too, no?

I'll try testing Android Pay this weekend. It should work by just holding my finger on the finger print scanner and then to the pay device, no? Thanks
    05-25-2017 05:09 PM
    Sorry, I didn't mention it initially. Still weird it doesn't work. Albeit Chase took a while, too, no?

I'll try testing Android Pay this weekend. It should work by just holding my finger on the finger print scanner and then to the pay device, no? Thanks
    Yeah, make sure NFC is on then tap the phone to the card reader. The nice thing with Samsung pay is no NFC needed. I actually switched credit cards when I got my s7 edge because the one I was using didn't work with Samsung pay.

Not sure about chase as I don't use my chase debit card for anything.
    afctee likes this.
    05-25-2017 05:12 PM

Yes it does. I have my capital one quicksilver on my s8+. I did have issues getting the same card on my s3frontier watch but it indeed works on my phone with Samsung pay.
    05-25-2017 05:51 PM

Chase is fine on Samsung pay. I use it all the time.
    05-25-2017 06:30 PM
    Samsung Pay all day every day. Android pay simply cannot compare.
    11B1P likes this.
    05-25-2017 07:24 PM
    I use Samsung Pay as often as I can, but it's not accepted at Walmart.
    05-25-2017 07:27 PM
    ...a shame it doesn't accept certain banks (Capital One 360).
    Also, this might be a silly question, but does Samsung Pay work on ALL Android devices?
    05-25-2017 09:32 PM
358 ... 89101112 ...