Android or Samsung Pay?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Isn't that a Credit Card? I'm talking about the Capital One 360 debit card (MasterCard logo)...
Yeah it's a credit card. I didn't see where you mentioned the debit card, sorry. I would have though any MasterCard logo card would have worked as credit.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Did you take a survey or something? Even if they're in the minority does that change the fact that for some users there are things for the program to work out?

If you'd been following the thread, you'd see that the majority of posters may see an error a time or two, but that the transaction does go through. Even I have trouble sometimes, but it comes down to how I hold the phone in relation to the reader.

afctee

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it's a credit card. I didn't see where you mentioned the debit card, sorry. I would have though any MasterCard logo card would have worked as credit.

Sorry, I didn't mention it initially. Still weird it doesn't work. Albeit Chase took a while, too, no?

I'll try testing Android Pay this weekend. It should work by just holding my finger on the finger print scanner and then to the pay device, no? Thanks

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't mention it initially. Still weird it doesn't work. Albeit Chase took a while, too, no?

I'll try testing Android Pay this weekend. It should work by just holding my finger on the finger print scanner and then to the pay device, no? Thanks
Yeah, make sure NFC is on then tap the phone to the card reader. The nice thing with Samsung pay is no NFC needed. I actually switched credit cards when I got my s7 edge because the one I was using didn't work with Samsung pay.

Not sure about chase as I don't use my chase debit card for anything.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just used my capital one Quicksilver card with Samsung pay at the grocery store 15 minutes ago.

What version card do you have?
Yes it does. I have my capital one quicksilver on my s8+. I did have issues getting the same card on my s3frontier watch but it indeed works on my phone with Samsung pay.
63daa7e58876bd59d84c9ec2fbbc5a70.jpg

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Chase is fine on Samsung pay. I use it all the time.

afctee

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
...a shame it doesn't accept certain banks (Capital One 360).
Also, this might be a silly question, but does Samsung Pay work on ALL Android devices?

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday I used it at the grocery store. Didn't realize the cashier wasn't ready for my card yet and put in my pin way too early. It worked perfectly the first time I held it up to the reader... with 4 seconds left on the transmitting countdown. I got complemented on being so quick with it, and not screwing around with my phone trying to get it to work.

Kilrahi

May 23, 2017
Visit site
If you'd been following the thread, you'd see that the majority of posters may see an error a time or two, but that the transaction does go through. Even I have trouble sometimes, but it comes down to how I hold the phone in relation to the reader.

I've read through this thread in its entirety. The fact that there are people posting positively about it on this thread is in no way indicative of the actual real world success rate.

Even if in many cases it does work, what about various regions? Do certain financial institutions institute it badly?

I get payment failures rather frequently. With that said, I've had more than 50 successes in May alone, but the payment failures are at the point of authorization. In other words, I've done everything right up to that point and it's now out of my hands and then a message comes back such as, "Card not allowed," or "PIN busy, try again later," or my favorite, "Invalid security code."

Samsung Pay has yet to hit any sort of critical mass to really know how successful it is. In numerous reviews on youtube alones there's usually at least one transaction where the person has a failure at the point of authentication.

A good old fashioned debit or credit card doesn't do that, and it's important people about to try this thing out realize there are still some serious bumps with it, or there CAN be and sometimes it's completely out of your hands.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Rushed release here in the UK for SP.

Only 3 unpopular banks supporting it. Waste of time Atm.

I use AP every day without issues.

Bearing in mind that we are in 2017, so no old school swipe terminals here since about Y2K or so, what advantages would it bring anyway?

Might come back to it once it gets it act together and supports one of the top banks.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, make sure NFC is on then tap the phone to the card reader. The nice thing with Samsung pay is no NFC needed. I actually switched credit cards when I got my s7 edge because the one I was using didn't work with Samsung pay.

Not sure about chase as I don't use my chase debit card for anything.

They work on Spay. I use my Chase debit & Chase Liquid all the time. I use them as credit so I don't have to enter my pin.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site