Android or Samsung Pay?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I've only had experience with Android Pay, and coming from the disappointing Droid Turbo 2, Android Pay stopped working months ago. Thoughts on either for the S8 appreciated. Is Samsung Pay as popular or widely accepted like Apple / Android Pay? Thanks for your input.

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Widely accepted? More than that... Anywhere you can use a credit card you can use Samsung pay. Cashiers are still surprised and unaware that Samsung pay is not the same as Apple pay or Android pay. Sometimes they still tell me it won't work. Sometimes they get nasty saying they don't accept it. I love using it. I use it every chance I get, use credit cards, use gift cards, use store memberships, all through the app you name it. Even gas pumps. And they often run promotions for discounted gift cards within the app.

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've only had experience with Android Pay, and coming from the disappointing Droid Turbo 2, Android Pay stopped working months ago. Thoughts on either for the S8 appreciated. Is Samsung Pay as popular or widely accepted like Apple / Android Pay? Thanks for your input.

Samsung pay works almost anywhere you can swipe your card. It also has a decent rewards program, I just cashed out a $50 visa card.

Android pay only works where you can tap.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Hands down samsung pay (as long as your bank card is accepted by them). For me its worked at every place I would typically slide a card. I don't have to ask if they take tap n pay or anything like that.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Samsung pay from my S3 frontier watch
No need to display your phone to use
2fa1791e15af36ed485fc93d5255360e.jpg
bc6420cc0e6f60ef47d8e760f89d63d2.jpg

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Pay. Accepted almost everywhere and the rewards are a nice perk. Stack your normal credit card rewards with Samsung Pay rewards.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Awesome to know guys!!!!!

I've always used Apple Pay but only about 10% of the time since everyone says they don't accept it lol.

I can't wait to get my S8+ and start using SP!

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Only time I use AP over SP is for in app purchase. I would love to be able to do that but I think thats something still lacking in SP.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've reached the point where I use Samsung Pay for just about every non-online purchase. The only places I ever hit a problem are card machines that "suck up" the entire card and restaurants where they take the card away.

After using it for 18 months, I'm still wondering why Samsung Pay hasn't gotten more attention. I still read articles comparing various digital wallets that fail to note Samsung Pay works everywhere. It's a much more useful tool than Android Pay and Apple Pay.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Pay is such a no-brainer (as in why WOULDN'T someone use it?) that I'm still surprised when people at the store don't know what's happening when I use it.