07-11-2017 01:20 PM
358 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Do you all notice a difference between having NFC turned on when you make a payment? I was at Sport Clips today and it didn't work the first time I tried it and then I tried turning NFC on and it worked. Then I went to the gas station and tried it with NFC still on and it didn't work (yeah I inserted a stripeless membership card first) but I forgot to try it with NFC off.
    I keep NFC off. When you initiate Samsung pay it should use it if need be.
    ecr80 likes this.
    04-28-2017 11:37 PM
    Just started using Samsung pay recently (even though it was on my previous phone). Just yesterday, it was Panera for lunch (fast lane kiosk), and Target. Tried to use it at WaWa but its a new store and I could not get it to work at the pumps.
    04-29-2017 03:46 AM
    It won't work at a pump unless the pump is equipped with that paypass/tap pay (because card slides in, not up down), or as some have tried sticking a generic card in. And using it. I've not tried the generic card I usually just go inside.
    04-29-2017 06:51 AM
    Wawa had the tap to pay at the pump.
    04-29-2017 08:56 AM
    This thread has definitely convinced me to start using Samsung Pay. My only worry now is the fingerprint sensor. I am using the waterfall case by Casemate. I don't have long nails by any stretch of the imagination but they are just past the free edge and so far I have been unsuccessful in setting up fingerprint security due to the depth of the recess to the sensor and the free edge of my nail hitting the case. So far that is the 2nd thing I miss from my old S6 but am sure I will get used to it.
    04-29-2017 09:43 AM
    You don't have to tap Iris of FPS/pin, enter and then have SP ready. You can just put your finger on the sensor once you pull your card up. This just gives you the option to use the other auth methods.
    04-29-2017 10:18 AM
    I can't get Samsung Pay to work. When I open it for the first time it has my correct samsung account ID to sign in with and when I attempt to I keep getting this error: "Connection error. Unable to connect to Samsung Pay temporarily. Try again later."

It's not temporary. Keeps saying it. Any ideas? Reinstalling didn't help.

EDIT: I just spoke with Samsung who said they're having server issues and many people are experiencing this. Anyone else?
    04-29-2017 12:15 PM
    I can't get Samsung Pay to work. When I open it for the first time it has my correct samsung account ID to sign in with and when I attempt to I keep getting this error: "Connection error. Unable to connect to Samsung Pay temporarily. Try again later."

Phone restart??
    04-29-2017 01:11 PM
    For me, samsung pay works really well but can be finicky. I have found that if you go to long without clearing the cache it will beep, go through, then say transaction cancelled, tried this both with nfc and swipe. As soon as I cleared the app cache it worked fine. And yes, this was through multiple different stores. It also can be finicky when trying to locate the reader, most places work fine but stores like total wine have it in a different spot, at the very bottom instead of the middle and you have to put the phone there, that is why I wish the reader had more power.
    Some stores like walmart, home depot and lowes it will not work, most of the time, if you are trying to use a credit card. If it is a debit not a problem. Only one place has it never not worked at all, Ziggies home improvement, beeped, nothing, not on nfc or mst.

Someone needs to step in and make standards for mobile payment.
    04-29-2017 01:34 PM
    I have no issues at any of the stores you listed ^^^^
    11B1P likes this.
    04-29-2017 01:59 PM
    Phone restart??
    Unfortunately no
    04-29-2017 03:53 PM
    Finally struck out taco bell old school register wouldn't work
    04-29-2017 07:16 PM
    Wawa had the tap to pay at the pump.
    We don't have those in Jacksonville yet... Still... Lol.
    04-29-2017 07:54 PM

EDIT: I just spoke with Samsung who said they're having server issues and many people are experiencing this. Anyone else?
    I haven't had issues with mine so far on the S8Plus. The only time it wouldn't work for me was at a mobile pet clinic and I tried to pay on their tablet. Their reader was really shabby and flimsy an that made sense to me. Works for me at Home Depot, Target, Giant Eagle, various vending machines, inside various gas stations, Panera bread, panini's, you name it. Do you have the most updated version of sa.sung pay on the phone?
    04-29-2017 08:08 PM
    2.7.03 is latest version
    04-29-2017 08:09 PM
    You can reset that app also
    04-29-2017 08:11 PM
    Finally struck out taco bell old school register wouldn't work
    If it is the same register that has the swipe on the side of the monitor then it works. I've used it plenty of times. I just made sure I held the phone correctly. It's a little difficult because I had to reach over the counter & hold the phone upside down so I had to make sure I was scanning correctly.
    04-29-2017 08:31 PM
    Does SP work with "chip reader" only places. Every place I have shoped at that had the chip reader I can no longer swipe, I have to use the chip.
    04-29-2017 11:55 PM
    Does SP work with "chip reader" only places. Every place I have shoped at that had the chip reader I can no longer swipe, I have to use the chip.
    What is a chip reader only place. So you mean if your card has a chip it has to be inserted (but non chip cards can still slide) ? At places where my physical card must be inserted because it has a chip, my phone still works. That's one of the attractive Samsung Pay things to me - no more "do I need to insist my chip card? No "our chip doesn't work yet" or "yes you do, etc"
    LoveMyPhone likes this.
    04-30-2017 05:05 AM
    I just used it with my hair stylist, who uses a square CC reader that plugs into her phone...a Galaxy s6. She never activated or has used S Pay, but after seeing that an me telling her about earning points she said she was going to try it.
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-30-2017 06:51 AM
    What is a chip reader only place. So you mean if your card has a chip it has to be inserted (but non chip cards can still slide) ? At places where my physical card must be inserted because it has a chip, my phone still works. That's one of the attractive Samsung Pay things to me - no more "do I need to insist my chip card? No "our chip doesn't work yet" or "yes you do, etc"
    Same here. I've had no issues with using Samsung pay on a machine with a chip reader. Works just fine.
    LoveMyPhone likes this.
    04-30-2017 07:52 AM
    Yes and it's so much easier than waiting for that annoying beep to remove your card
    LoveMyPhone likes this.
    04-30-2017 07:54 AM
    Samsung Pay. Accepted almost everywhere and the rewards are a nice perk. Stack your normal credit card rewards with Samsung Pay rewards.
    You answered my question before I could ask! Yay to stackable rewards 😀
    04-30-2017 08:06 AM
    No debate here, Samsung Pay hands down. Gotta make 2 purchases today to maintain my platinum level
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-30-2017 08:18 AM
    Tomorrow restarts my purchases so I'll start earning points again. I forget..the max is like 55 or 60 purchases a month.
    04-30-2017 10:42 AM
358 ... 56789 ...